[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some cons when you became fit? for me >had to chuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 36
File: 1458345120117.png (431 KB, 1080x750) Image search: [Google]
1458345120117.png
431 KB, 1080x750
What are some cons when you became fit?

for me

>had to chuck out all my clothes and buy a new wardrobe

>some friends/family became jelous

>more $ for food and supplements
>>
File: 3d pepe gun.jpg (50 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
3d pepe gun.jpg
50 KB, 640x640
>wear the same thing all the time cause clothes shopping panics me
>fell for the no cardio meme so i feel like i'm in a pool for the first 20mins of my workout
>addicted to memes
>still autistic
>laugh at manlets doing stuff even though i'm 5'7
>wear a jacket all the time
>extremely self conscious
>body dismorphia worse now
>>
>>37491605
>people assume I'm stupid
>people see me with an energy drink and, for whatever reason, assume I'm just drinking alcohol in public spaces where it's not normal to drink, like it's a tallboy I just decided to crack open at the mall in the middle of the afternoon
>can't fit into the driver's seat of most cars that are designed for speed because lats too wide
>>
>>37491605
I think for me was realizng just how fucking bad for you chicken wings are.

Like even 10 and a pint of beer is approaching 1200 calories.

fuck i want some hot wings
>>
I seem to really hate fat people a lot more and become a bit of a narcissist.
>>
>>37491638
>>wear the same thing all the time cause clothes shopping panics me

why?
>>
>>37491672
i don't know, i like the way my clothes fit and if they fit differently it weirds me out, also i'm short so most clothes are too long on the arms and torso
>>
>>37491605
>costlier lifestyle

thats it for now
>>
>>37491605
women started noticing me
>>
File: 1462406934715.jpg (161 KB, 1890x1417) Image search: [Google]
1462406934715.jpg
161 KB, 1890x1417
All food is dangerous
Missed workouts are the end of my world
Pants don't fit right anymore, especially through cuts and bulks
Alcohol isn't as fun when you're thinking of how it'll ruin your metabolism
Shirts are so tight that nipples show through
>>
>>37491605
For how long have you guys been lifting that you felt the need to do this?
>>
>>37491708
Are you not constantly building 5 lbs of muscle every week
>>
>>37491736
I don't know how to...

I'm weak towards milk and if I hav too much I vomit it out so I can't GOMAD like everyone else.
>>
>>37491605

My arms fall asleep pretty easily now.
>>
>>37491764
yeah i don't get that, i'll lay down or sit on the toilet and when i get up my arm or foot is asleep
>>
File: Constanza.jpg (117 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Constanza.jpg
117 KB, 1000x1000
>>37491605

> more $ for [...] supplements
>>
haemorrhoids

popping my shoulder out
>>
File: energy drink kid.png (429 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
energy drink kid.png
429 KB, 500x500
>>37491648
>2013+3
>drinking energy drinks
Why though?

>>37491661
Those are both good things.

>>37491764
Could be a flexibility issue or just muscles making it easier to pinch something.
>>
The fact that I now have to buy jean sizes 3 sized above my original size.

Squats make me look fucking disgusting in jeans because I look fat and the jeans I have to wear look baggy just to house my quads.

I miss wearing slim jeans and looking normal
>>
>>37491830
>Why though?
youre basically paying for the convenience to get caffeine from a gas station or wherever if you dont have some other way to get it
>>
>stronger assumptions and stereotypes as expectations from women (also a pro)
>dudes in the street want to fight me more
>need to take out more time from other activities to take care of my body recovering (meh kinda a con)
>people in general make more assumptions which can lead to negativity based a lot on my body
>>
>>37491867
it's kind of like taking cigarettes for the tobacco alone.
>>
>>37491867
But that caffeine comes packaged with a ton of sugar and such.

>>37491869
Men with above average upper body strength are more likely to hold sexist views than weaker or average men, and are also more likely to hold political opinions that align with their own economic interests than average or weaker men. In a lot of ways, people still reflexively form opinions as if the whole country were a village of a hundred people where weak men risk getting beaten for being greedy or henpecked for being unkind to women.
>>
>>37491661
I'm finding I have an odd sympathy for fatties. The capitalist way of life is a very difficult game you aren't prepared for. Food is especially dangerous fucking with the mind. And there is a plethora of junk everywhere you look, even the captchas have plates of tasty foods that trigger the mind to gorge on pizza.

So I am very understanding, the fatties must come to terms with their poor dietary choices and I'm always here to help them.
>>
>>37491661
same
>>
>>37491648
you sound like a paranoid retard who thinks people actually give a shit
>>
I find it hard to pee sitting down now because my quads constrict pissflow.
>>
>>37492342
It's pretty easy to tell when people think you're stupid. Like genuine shock at any mention of reading or working hard in school.
>>
>can't wear jeans anymore because my hamstrings are so large that i get a rash when they rub together after walking for a while, or my balls get pinched when sitting down
>get a headrush if I stand up too fast
>have to force myself to eat more because it's easy for me to slack off and just have a couple meals
>ankles are always kind of sore because I run on off days and am still not experienced enough at it
>self conscious after realizing that my dick shrinks to almost button size after a workout or swim so i'm embarrassed to change in the locker rooms
>>
File: 1442632773080.jpg (15 KB, 290x289) Image search: [Google]
1442632773080.jpg
15 KB, 290x289
>>37492372
T H I S

>tfw the toilet seat is too small because of my thick ass and thighs
>>
>>37492372
>SITTING on the toilet
>2016
>not squatting on top of it for maximum comfort/flexibility training and intestinal health
>>
>>37492502
>don't wear skinny, straight, or regular jeans. fix your skin as well.
>your diet and breathing habits
>consuming food a later priority in your hierarchy
>run on on days. after you lift. keep it a jog. speedwalk on days off or jog. fucking recover.
>caring about shrinkage when the body does that to protect itself
>caring about shrinkage and what other men think if they see your dick
>>
>>37492534
I get the headrush because my resting heart rate is so low. It's a thing if you have high aerobic endurance. Athletes are advised to sit up first then stand.
>>
>>37492372
I have to put my legs super wide so the dont squeeze my dick
>>
>>37492502
On the note of dick shrinkage, I was recently on a long haul flight and when I went to pee after being in the air for a few hours I noticed my dick had shrunk to a TINY size, like shockingly small. It returned to normal after we landed, guess the cabin pressure or something caused it?
>>
>>37491751
He was joking. Building 5 pounds of muscle in a week is impossible. Buy a bag of serious mass and mix it with water if you want to gain weight though
>>
>>37491902
is there science backing this? i don't even care, it makes sense with what I've seen

and lived ;_;
>>
>>37492505
as a skelly the first time this happened was one of my proudest moments
>>
>>37492731
Stereotypes exist for a reason
And you are probably much more of a stereotype than youd like to believe
>>
>>37492686
How many scoops should a 5'11 lad have every day?
>>
Got a few

>More self conscious about height
>Hate fat people
>Some body dysmorphia
>More narcissistic when there isn't much to be narcissistic about in the first place
>Always measuring up other guys
>Get quite agitated if I don't lift for a few days even when there's a good reason I'm not lifting
>Chronic low back pain at 22

That last one's the worst. Always work on mobility guys.
>>
>>37493043
>That last one's the worst. Always work on mobility guys.
what kind of mobility would you suggest?
>>
>>37491605

I used to suffer under the delusion that I ate a lot.

This was a lie.

I'm constantly eating now and it's still hard to eat enough.
>>
>>37492806
Depends on your size. I'm 5'10, I take a scoop in the morning and another one after my workout or before bed. If you have money to blow you can do 4 scoops. That will be 3200 calories in a day just with the shake
>>
>>37493049
Depends on what you think is lacking I guess. I think you work on mobility to be able to achieve good form. So for example if you find that you're not able to get a good squat form, you might need to stretch your hammies and calves and so on.

In my case I had tight hip flexors which resulted in an anterior pelvic tilt and gave me this arched back look. This put a lot of stress on my lower back and with heavy squats in the equation, it was the perfect recipe for a back injury. I did ultimately work on stretching my hip flexors and strengthening my glutes to counter the pelvic tilt but unfortunately I let the problem go on for too long and now I'm stuck with this pain.

Honestly, I feel like a lot of people just jump straight to the weights without ever stretching. If I could go back in time I would not touch a bb without perfecting my mobility first.
>>
injuries

you just don't pick them up in everyday pleb life

always some niggling shit from doing cardio
>>
Everyone thinks I'm a meat head
>>
>>37491869

This whole post, except people challenge me less than when I was smaller
>>
File: static vs dynamic.png (440 KB, 814x348) Image search: [Google]
static vs dynamic.png
440 KB, 814x348
>>37493120

>tight hip flexors

stop
doing
crunches
>>
>>37493172
Never did crunches. Crunches don't actually cause tight hip flexors, if anything, they might be bad for your thoracic spine. An ab exercise that could tighten your hip flexors however is leg raises and it's variations. Look up the hip flexors' anatomy and it'll make sense. If you originally had a weak core, then the hip flexors will do the leg raising work instead of your abdominals, causing them to shorten.

Forgot to mention that no one should fall for the "compounds are enough for a strong core" meme. That's another thing that contributes to back pain. A strong core will counter the hip flexor effects. And you need some base strength in your core initially to be able to perform compounds correctly.
>>
>>37491697
kek
>>
>>37491957
Beta nu male as fuck. Fatties don't need more sympathy; they need a reality check. It's a fucking mental disease.
>>
>>37493277
Lift heavier compounds then
Nothing wrong with supplementing core but you build the shit out of obliques with proper form deadlifts.
>>
>>37493342
Would you say the same thing about an alcoholic?
>>
>>37492515

>squatting on top

NOPE! This is a terrible fucking idea. Toilet bowls aren't designed to take that kind of strain. You WILL eventually break the bowl and slash open your ass/abdomen on jagged porcelain chunks. Few, just get a squatty potty, or literally anything else that you can prop your feet on while you take a dump.
>>
Literally impossible to find pants.

I need khakis for work. I work in an office.

Levis makes athletic jeans. But athletic khakis or dress pants just don't exist.

I'm fuckin juicy and sub 12% bf but my quads are fucking massive. Can't fit into anything.

Kill me now.
>>
>>37491654

Blessed anon just taught me how to bulk
>>
>>37492544
Holy shit. Now that i think about it, my headrushes started when i started getting fit. Sometimes they're so hard i get completely blind for a few seconds
>>
File: A cosmic feel.jpg (337 KB, 2290x1014) Image search: [Google]
A cosmic feel.jpg
337 KB, 2290x1014
From a former fatty prospective (Now at 15% BF and joocy af)

>Had to throw out entire wardrobe. Went from a 38" waist to a 32"
>Old friends don't get it.
>You make girls feel insecure and spill spaghetti. This doesn't always work out in your favor. Girls are EXTREMELY emotionally driven, and if you make them feel insecure they won't invest.
>It costs time and money. 10 hours in the gym a week, gym memberships, and healthy food is surprisingly expensive.
>Ruined alcohol and social junkfood (beer and wings with the boys), etc
>People assume you're a dumb meat head. I'm not about to spit my credentials on a Nepalese Wood Carving board, but even if you have the background and the knowledge to prove them wrong you'll always be "a dumb jock".
>Guys just want to talk to you about working out.
>Personally, it causes drama. I've been great friends with this beautiful grill for a long time, started when I was a fatty. Now that I've made it, she flirts with me constantly, even in front of her bf (who is also a friend of mine). He called me up one night and straight up asked me if I was fucking his gf. Now I'm shunned by this group of friends because a taken woman found me attractive.

All in all - it's so worth it. There are negatives, but they don't mean shit when you stand in the mirror, and look at what you accomplished. Keep on lifting, brahs. We're all gonna make it.
>>
File: image.png (12 KB, 246x200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
12 KB, 246x200
>>37494627
How long did it take for you to make it brah? I just graduated HS and I'm at 5'10" 190lbs.

I'm currently cutting but haven't started lifting yet because I'm scared of the gym.
>>
>>37493420
I gave an alcoholic father. I have. Showed him no sympathy, showed him how his choices hurt those around him, and now he gets drunk once a month and never black out drunk instead of passing out every night of the week
>>
>>37494670
2 years of consistent lifting and diet. Honestly, you need to put out of your mind what other people think, and just do what you want to do. Right now you may be fat, but you clean up your diet, get on a solid routine, and stick with it, in 6 months I guarantee you won't look like the same person. Progress is slow, which is why most people give up. They want instantaneous results, and when they don't see it they shit the bed and go back to their old ways.
>>
>>37494705
I've been cutting since February and started at 225, so I am making progress, I just can't see it. Another thing is my anxiety, I'm afraid I'll walk into the gym and look like an idiot.
>>
>>37491605
Where can i get a sweater like that
>>
>>37494422
ware a dress than dont care what others say aslong as you know you a man
>>
>>37494730
I'm 6'1", and started lifting when I was about 215 at probably %25+ bf, now I'm at 180 at 15% bf.

I've been lifting for 2 years and I still take my phone with me to do form checks.
Go in there with a beginners routine, read up on the form, and just stick with it.
>>
>>37494730
So what? There will always be beginners in a gym. It's normal to see people kind of lost. And it's normal for those people to ask others and at worst get a 'sorry im not really sure myself'

Youll be surprised how hard it is for people to be douchebags when they are alone.
Most people are cool. They go there to do their workout, not look at others.
And everyone has been a newbie once. When i see newbies, all i can think is: "go you, mate. You're gonna make it"
>>
>>37491697
N-no homo r-right guys?
>>
>>37491605
I don't buy new clothes so know all my clothes make look like skelly
>>
Found out they weren't man boobs
They were actual boobs
>>
>>37494627
Might as well cuck him at this point tbqh familad. Everyone thinks you have already anyway
>>
>>37491605
this shit so much
>shredding fat
>go down several jean sizes
>start building mass
>can't fit legs into them anymore
>>
>>37492502
On tje running part where boots to build better ankles
>>
Started as a skinnyfat verging on fatfat (5'8, 180lbs and no muscle)

CONS
> basically lost a bunch of friends because they were insecure
> time and money investment (moreso time than anything else)
> still into underground music/art, but now everyone in them thinks I'm a stupid meathead
> can't go out drinking as often

all in all - totally worth it. I feel better than I've ever felt in my life - used to get crippling migraines, and lifting's cured that
>>
>>37491605
Pros
>My back feels great
>I finally can see my v cut
>Get a compliment from a fat girl a work who said damm anon has a nice body
>I always hates being fat so not feeling like a fat ass is great
>I get to make fun of people paying up the nose for shit fad diets saying look at me it worked and I didn't have to pay a dime
cons
>Non of my clothes fit me
>Body dismorphia In the morning i am like damm who is this sexy looking mutherfucker later on the day dyel as fuck
>My mom complains that I am skelly even though I am ottermode.
>Lost a friend because she was fat and I kept making fun of her shit body
>I can't eat what I want when I want I can eat what ever I want just not in the morning because intermediate fasting
>>
>>37492731
I's more that it's just how people are.

Like... if you get a womanly woman who fits every single requirement that society imposed on her, do you think she's gonna give a rat's ass about changing those requirements?

Manly men also don't give a fuck about what's required of them because they just... fit.

It's weak males and ugly females who are in an uproar about gender roles and stuff. People who fit just don't care, because it all works in their favor.
>>
>>37494916
Do you think I should look into getting a personal trainer, or just use a guide like SL?
>>
>>37496234
A pt can show you how to perform lifts in good form. Might be a worthwhile investment to get a couple of sessions.
>>
>>37491864
stretchy chinos man. it's the shit.
>>
File: 1305092167466.jpg (23 KB, 362x372) Image search: [Google]
1305092167466.jpg
23 KB, 362x372
>>37493637
>mfw reading this while taking a shit
>>
>>37491605

I'm in wardrobe limbo where I've got a closet full of rags but don't want to buy anything nice just yet because I'm ~15lbs out from my goal weight. Bought a bunch of cheapo "transition" clothes off the Kohl's clearance rack, but they aren't very flattering/fitting anymore either.
>>
>>37491661
This.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 480x388) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 480x388
/fit/ do you have any stories of people being jealous or mad (etc.) over you being fit?
>>
File: 1460702338237.jpg (62 KB, 500x670) Image search: [Google]
1460702338237.jpg
62 KB, 500x670
>>37491605
I feel as though being stronk and big rather than aesthetic and cute really has a countercultural vibe. When I'm rediculously stronk I find that people are far more antisocial to me. It's by design to be that way. Society wants more cute betas rather than stronk alphas.
>>
>>37491638
>addicted to memes

so much this.
I mean I can hold back the memes irl but fuck when Iam online I cant turn off my meme game.
>>
File: Snapchat-1194288422147378399.jpg (276 KB, 1080x1776) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1194288422147378399.jpg
276 KB, 1080x1776
>staying current with fashion and general clothing/style trends is more difficult with atypical body composition
>cost of living definitely a lot higher
>having my body become part of my identity (i.e. being known as the muscled up guy at the office, family reunion, etc.)
>have a much higher public profile when I'm naturally introverted and would rather not like an audience everywhere I go
>mild back pain, sciatica, and joint problems from powerlifting
>>
>>37497486
I feel the higher public profile and it becoming part of identity
>>
New wardrobe was the worst for me so far
>start a new job so needed new clothes
>46" waist FML
>Start getting fit
>at 38" waist clothes are basically like togas, so buy new wardrobe at 38" after 5 months
>keep at it
>32" waist after 9 months; another new wardrobe
>all this shit from clearance racks, still spent more on clothing than ever before. Needed new jeans (thrift stores), go thru shoes so much faster now cause exercising.

Other stuff:
>guilt for eating above target calories (1500/day is tough for a recovering fatty)
>knee pain replaced by shoulder/elbow pain cause getting old (30 yr old)
>daughter complains that she misses "softer" old me, I'm too bony, etc...
>wife complains that I'm not around enough (working out) or as much fun to be around (not interested in eating and watching TV much anymore)
>body dismorphia
>several new peculiar annoyances
>browse /fit/ a lot more

I don't ever want to go back though...
>>
File: 4L_v1QRSjyZ.gif (342 KB, 153x113) Image search: [Google]
4L_v1QRSjyZ.gif
342 KB, 153x113
>>37492657
>be microdick
>move to Death Valley
>suddenly 7 inches flaccid
>>
>>37497618
> go thru shoes so much faster now cause exercising.
what are you on about? i run track & field 3 times a week and i only buy shoes every 8 months.
>>
>>37497618
>wife complains that I'm not around
HAHA YOU ARE ABOUT TO GET KEKED
>>
>>37491638
Are you me? I have about 5 panic attacks a day. One is a good day for me. Just shop online its way fuckin cheaper.
>>
>>37497660
laughed irl
>>
File: IMG_0101.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0101.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>spending ca 150€ a month on gyms and supps
>harder to find suitable meals and places for eating out with friends
>strangers profile me based on my body now, surprised when they find out I'm a nerd
>look better and am also taller than my friend who has been in shape for a while. Been getting negative vibes from him for a while. I think I'm making him feel insecure because my gains and height (it might be because I became good friends with his gf too)
>piriformis
>damaged tendons and finger pain from bouldering
>hands fucked up and calloused, can't use fingerprint sensor to unlock my iphone
>>
>Can't stop flexing my lats every minute or so to check they're still there
>>
>>37497805
>damaged tendons and finger pain from bouldering
>muh height
>talk to my friends gf
u're probably fat (and ex obese) and insecure af about it.
you're also an idiot if you spend 150 euros a month on supplements and gym membership since the only supplements one might need is whey,creatine and maybe bcaa.
>>
>>37491605
>can't enjoy food anymore
>I'm a lazy bitch, but now I hate myself for not getting shit done
>am now self-conscious about my height
>sad cuz I've missed out so much being unhealthy, sick and fat
>despise and verbally abuse anyone I see destroying their bodies, especially when they do so with shitty food or drugs

at 12% bf it'll get better, right?
>>
>>37491901
Useless analogy senpai
>>
>>37491605
Currently injured and slowly working back to my full load, I wound up with a bilateral sprain roller blading so one major con is my compulsion to be physical at any provided opportunity.
Aside from that, my normal load of 20 hours/week of training, plus cooking, sleeping, and school leaves almost no free time. I'm antisocial though, so my normal day is just:
>exercise
>eat
>school
>eat
>studying/programming
>train
>eat
>more studying and programming
>sleep

At least my nighttime workouts are martial arts and I interact with some people there.
>>
File: 1462205048340.png (285 KB, 629x608) Image search: [Google]
1462205048340.png
285 KB, 629x608
>when you consider eating less food than required a cheat day instead of eating more
>>
>>37497870
>muh height
I'm not that tall (181), but my friend is a manlet.
>u're probably fat (and ex obese) and insecure af about it.
No. I've been skinny all my life, skinnyfat at worst. I'm ottermode and very happy with my body atm.
>you're also an idiot if you spend 150 euros a month on supplements and gym membership since the only supplements one might need is whey,creatine and maybe bcaa.
~100€ on two gyms, ca 25 on whey and the rest on misc stuff like creatine, isotonic drinks and occasional meal replacement bar when I'm having a busy day
>talk to my friends gf
She's bro tier and not really my type anyway.

Why so negative?
>>
>>37491638
>clothes shopping panics me

I used to have this. I would get nervous and feel rushed and sweat like crazy in the changing rooms and impulse buy shit that didn't fit because I was sperging out on the store workers because they're usually pretty grills.

Then I realized those grills are there specifically to help you, so whenever they ask, I have them do all the work for me.
>>
File: NODEFINITION.png (2 MB, 848x958) Image search: [Google]
NODEFINITION.png
2 MB, 848x958
Only started in Nov last year, started taking it seriously at the start of the year.

Get told by my 6"2 friend who is lean AF I am fat as fuck and it makes me self conscious
>>
>>37491705
Missed workout anxiety is very real. I actually feel my cortisol levels rising along with my heartbeat.
>>
>>37494670
Just go.
Guys don't look at you because that would make them gay and girls can't see you in your current state. No one gives a fuck you exist in their gym.
That feeling passes after the first times and then you'll be one of them. Good luck
>>
>>37498005
You are very fat.
It's ok, so am i.
>>
>>37498030
piggy piggy oink oink.
>>
>>37494670
Just go to the gym, nobody gives a shit about you. Nobody cared when I was a lanklet, nobody cares now when I'm ripped. Everyone in the gym is fucked in the head in their own way.
>>
File: 1465251540661.png (119 KB, 205x221) Image search: [Google]
1465251540661.png
119 KB, 205x221
>>37494730
Join the hoodie+headphones master race famalam
>>
>>37494834
basd
>>
>>37498005
Nothing a few month of cutting couldn't take care of. If it makes you so self deprecating, you should perform a cut before continuing with your bulk. You're just going to hate your slightly swoler and fatter self if you continue
>>
File: 1462914519173.jpg (67 KB, 1671x1667) Image search: [Google]
1462914519173.jpg
67 KB, 1671x1667
>>37498005
Join the fatty club.

Even the fat guys tell me I'm fat
>>
>>37497805
>harder to find suitable meals and places for eating out with friends
god i hate this so much. and im no cook at home either. i hate my town
>>
>>37497986
>ottermode
>25 euros per month for protein
guess how i know you're a DYEL.
>>
>>37497704
Always remember: the one who cares less in the relationship is the one who wins it in the end.
>>
>>37498141
I don't understand. Is it too much? Too little?
>>
File: 1425613966152.jpg (315 KB, 1200x1145) Image search: [Google]
1425613966152.jpg
315 KB, 1200x1145
>Had to throw out/donate old wardrobe
>Travelling to Asia sucks since I have family in Japan because everything is so small and cramped
>People on the street assume you are dumb
>Opinion of girls change as I don't find girls who don't workout attractive anymore
>Cooking food takes up a decent chunk of time
>Can't drink or eat junkfood without feeling like shit anymore
>>
I'm still a recovering fatty(6'3 from 315 to 230) and struggle now with just eating at all. I have enough discipline that i havent allowed myself a single cheat meal in months.

Currently on vacation and almost had a single tiny donut, stopped myself, and have been obsessing about how weak I was to pick up some 90 calorie bullshit jn the first place.
>>
>>37491682
You know they come in more than one size
>>
>>37491605
Food that tastes really good makes you feel shitty for eating it. Kinda like saving money for something important like a car but then splurging and buying something stupid, leaving you that much further away from your goals.
>>
>>37492544
>>37494537

For real? Before I started getting fit I had them way more often and way more "severe". I've passed out and fallen right on my face, but it stopped after I started lifting
>>
>still not any more competent at lifting anything that isn't weights
>friends always ask me to carry/push things for them
>expect me to lift twice as much as anyone else
>still have the coordination of a dweeb
>>
>>37498298
Keep goin lad
>>
>can't eat junk without feeling guilty
I guess it's not much of a con since it's healthy
>will never be big enough because of body dismorphia
>>
>>37491605
I'm at more of a negative disposition with our of shape women and beta men. I feel like in looked at like way more of a douche bag now than I ever used to.

IE in positions dominated by women and spiteful faggots they will hold you back for promotions and raises in the workplace. She women will call you privileged just because you look like you'll be more inclined to disagree with them before you even open your mouth, despite not knowing any of your hardships and all that gay shit

On the flip side I'm mired way more by women who aren't batshit crazy. We all know when a beta faggot dislikes you or having some sort of physique is because they're jelly
>>
>>37491638
Just shop online fampai.
>>
Shaving your armpits gets more awkward because of your pecs and lats :/
>>
>>37499719
Get a body buzzy and just trim senpai. Dont need to go all the way down unless you're a faggot trap.
>>
>hard to find dress shirts, neck too big, too wide and being lean in the stomach area make it hard
>underwear rips fast, even after I switched to XL, was a medium before
>always food on my mind
>have to help out all the ladies at work with heavy duty stuff
>doing a basic movement can turn into a sweaty time, like when i het ready for work in the morning i'll be taking my time and i start to sweat and get thirsty
>hard to find a jacket
>constant showers, sometimes twice a day
>>
>>37499892
I can relate to this.

Nothing at proper waist size also fits my thighs.
>>
File: 1462478329425.jpg (9 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
1462478329425.jpg
9 KB, 257x196
>>37500064
I find it kind of funny that the two groups of people who seem to have the most problems with clothes are the super fit and the morbidly obese
>>
>>37493172

Handstands dont really work anything bro.

I can hold one with a straight body for over 2 minutes and it doesnt even wear me down. If you stack your bones right with a straight body its almost effortless.

Still very fun to do and most normies are impressed as fuck by it.
>>
File: no escape.jpg (66 KB, 239x315) Image search: [Google]
no escape.jpg
66 KB, 239x315
>>37491605
>be fit but still retarded fat loser on the inside
>>
Now I find skinnyfat people disgusting and fat people unbearable.

Do you know how hard it is to date when you'll only date women who eat healthy AND exercise regularly?
>>
>falling asleep/not waking up and missing my workout because the gym is closed or I have to go to work
>I can feel my clothes shrinking with each passing day

I like my clothes more form fitting, but now they're getting too tight for comfort. Fuck.
>>
>>37497896
no, it was warranted. Take pills or coffee.

Do you even want to feel like the world is burning?
>>
File: 1464309111741_1_.png (314 KB, 382x384) Image search: [Google]
1464309111741_1_.png
314 KB, 382x384
>hey anon have some [insert shit food here]!
>nah im good
>buttblastedandconfusednormies.gif
>>
File: fitmeirl.jpg (9 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
fitmeirl.jpg
9 KB, 400x300
>used to be 5'7 manlet 120lbs
>ffs 2 months
>now am 5'7 manlet ~135lbs
Feels good to not have to wear a belt
But now all my clothes I've had since middle school don't fit anymore
>>
>>37491654

This. Realizing how just AWFUL for you some of my favorite foods are is really depressing. Not even talking sugary desserts and soda, just normal routine food.
>>
>>37491605
>See people constantly checking my chest and biceps

I can't een imagine how often girls with big tits must notice this
>>
>>37495870
>Body dismorphia In the morning i am like damm who is this sexy looking mutherfucker later on the day dyel as fuck
Oh god this is literally me. I have no idea why its dependant. ALthough in my case it might have to do with having a full stomach/ being in a fasted state as i am about 20% bf
>>
>>37494670
there is no need to worry you are actualy too small to be seen without a microscope
>>
>>37498247
>that pic
did she died?
>>
>>37491823

A bottle of psyllium caps is like $4 at Walgreen's.

100 caps. Take 2-3 a day and they will go away within 2 months or so. Also works well for keeping people who get milk shits from getting milk shits. (Guess it also goes for protein shits too).

Source: used to think I was lactose intolerant and had hemis. Fiber caps cleared both up for me.
>>
>>37491605
Does anyone have any more of these pictures?
>>
>>37494756

Fags "R" Us or Dick's
>>
File: 1457134255352.jpg (299 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1457134255352.jpg
299 KB, 1080x720
>>37501081
>>
>>37495034
... That's my worst fear
>>
>>37491605
>talk about gym all the time
>feel the need to interject when people say diet things that are wrong af
>get double upset when im hungover because i think about all the calories
>spend forever in store comparing macro ratios
>had to spend like $600 on new clothes in the past 3 months
>>
>>37493117

>[Muffled c'mon in the distance]
>>
>>37501741
keked hard
>>
I used to be a fat bitch. Used to be 180 lbs, now I'm 110 with some muscle definition.
>family assumes I'm anorexic
>family encourages me to be fat because "men like curves"
>I'm a size zero and it's hard to find clothes that fit
>I get stared at by a lot of people (I guess it's a pro because it's because they think I'm attractive)
>Had to donate 90% of my wardrobe.
>Grocery shopping is hard because I end up buying more than I need.
>Most junk food makes me sick.
>People think I'm a douche for buying the occasional protein bar or energy drink.
>>
And going out in public places where ugly/fat people normally are (ex. walmart or krogers) gives me this rush of excitement, self confidence, narcisism... I don't like it. I'm turning into a narcisist when it comes to my appearance. I try to tell myself not to think that way but part of me likes it.
>>
>family and friends put me down
>say im too big or i look fat
>get angry that I eat chicken and rice in containers
>get mad when I tell them I already ate before coming to their home
>the reason i eat before going to their house is to not have them feel bad about me eating my chicken instead
>fuk
>>
File: 1464981487240.jpg (46 KB, 540x438) Image search: [Google]
1464981487240.jpg
46 KB, 540x438
>>37491864
This, i used to wear skinny jeans as well but they're too tight for me now
>>
>>37501671
Love these. Thanks
>>
>>37502053
How much calories are you consuming? If you're feeling starving for even a day then you're most likely to put on weight again cause you should never be feeling that way if you ate right. I used to be anorexic and I know this for a fact
>>
>people who haven't seen me in a few years don't recognize me.
>>
>>37502433
>implying that's in anyway bad
>>
>>37502417
I eat 1,100 a day, I'm 5ft and 18 years old and should be eating about 1,100-1,300 to maintain. When I exercise I eat 1,500
>>
>>37502417
Also I've stayed lean for almost a year now. I've got a pretty decent routine.
>>
>>37502092
Don't take that shit anon, you're improving yourself and they're jealous, instead of fixing themselves they're going to try and attack you.

Fucking hell I hate people like that.
>>
>>37502455
>I eat 1,100 a day
Yeah no. How about you focus on rehabilitating your metabolism so you can eat more AND be leaner and aesthetic. Eat more and lift. When I was natty and worked out I ate 2200 to maintain, I used to believe that I had to eat 800 to maintain but it was only a matter of eating more and building muscle. No wonder your parents tell you to eat... they don't want you to be fat, they want you to be healthy and not feeling starved.
>>
>>37502520
My family are all white-trash landwhales.
They're all easily 200-400 lbs plus.
I'm a tiny female.

My body doesn't require too much.
>>
>>37502520
So wait, you're telling me if I eat more my metabolism will allow me to eat more and say lean?

How does this work? Not trying to be a bitch I'm genuinley curious and want advice.
>>
>>37502483
But answer this to yourself. Are you starving? Don't you want to have a body that is even more leaner than what you are right now and burns more calories? Eating is something that you will be doing for REST OF YOUR LIFE. Trust me on this, if you ate more and hit the iron so hard you WILL have leaner body and will be able to eat a steak or two without the fear of getting fat.
>>
>>37502455
How much do you weigh? What is your tdee?
>>
My face didn't get any skinnier

I swear, one of the biggest things that /fit/ forgets about getting swole is that your face DOES NOT FUCKING CHANGE

also, I have less attention from girls since I'm 5'8, and I always hear girls say stuff like "he's compensating" or "I like tall lanky guys"

Getting fit ruined my dating life. At least I managed to bag a couple 4/10s when I was skinny. Women do not like buff manlets.

Get that in your had, lads. DO NOT GET SWOLE IF YOU ARE A MANLET
>>
>>37502599
I'm 110. 5ft. 18 years old. I have a semi-athletic body, some muscle definition. Nothing special.

Also idk what tdee means pls educate me.
>>
>>37502582
I'm not starving, at the end of the day I feel like if I ate right and spent my calories well I'm pretty full.

Tbh thank you for this advice though, deffinetley gonna eat more protein and start more weight-related exercise instead of mostly cardio.
>>
>>37502619
TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) is the amount of calories that your body will burn in a 24-hour period. It factors in your sleep, work, exercise, and normal daily activity.

Basically calculate your TDEE and figure out how many calories you need to MAINTAIN your current weight and eat sensibly below that.
>>
File: 1111111.png (876 KB, 955x504) Image search: [Google]
1111111.png
876 KB, 955x504
>>37502579
>if I eat more my metabolism will allow me to eat more and say lean?
Exactly.
Calories equals muscle, muscle equals faster metabolism. You will be feeling so much more better. I'm not natty anymore and my body right now would be a poor example for this but when I was natty, I stopped eating 800cal and bumped it up to 2000 and lifted weight until I was sore. You will expect weight gain, but you know what, don't base your weight gain as an indication that you're getting fat... because that weight gain could be muscle, you need it for your metabolism. I used to be 90lbs but I was way more skinny fat because I had no muscle to burn the stubborn fat away. Pic is from couple of years ago when I stopped eating 800 and bumped it up to 2000. I was 125lbs. My weight stayed the exact same for like almost 2 years while eating 2000 because I was still hitting the gym and lifting weights (didn't have visible muscle back then but lifting helps a lot). If you wanted to be even more leaner than that pic then you just have to add cardio and modify your macros without changing your caloric intake (Or you can eat only 100 cal less from your TDEE and lose weight slowly without getting hungry)
>>
>>37502545
DETROIT
E
T
R
O
I
T
>>
>>37502611

you lost weight everywhere on your body except your face? the fuck kind of genetics are those??
>>
>>37493277
>May sound counter intuitive, but what really helped my lower back pain was strengthening my psoas and iliacus.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PCNfbmATAs
Start at 3:10 or watch the whole thing, it just explains that the psoas' main job is actually spine stabilization. An unstable spine will eventually cause back pain, which i had for years.
>>
>>37502639
You're welcome, I also didn't intend to be a bitch here, I used to go through similar shit and not being able to eat food was hell for me. I'm happy to hear that you're gonna eat more protein, food is not the enemy. pic related it's me now..., like I said I'm not natty right now so my diet advice that works for me will not work for you but what I wanna say here is that right now I'm 132lbs, and lean as shit. meaning, weight really doesn't mean anything. in terms of checking how lean you are, you could be 150lbs and be lean. So try not to be too obsessive about your weight..., focus on building muscle, eat clean and ignore the scale to track your body fat.
>>
>>37491638
Try uniqlo senpai, it's bretty cheap and good quality for the price. I'm your height, and small shirts are getting tighter now after gaining a bunch of weight so I just ordered medium and they should be here tomorrow
>>
File: 1456556629345.jpg (49 KB, 912x684) Image search: [Google]
1456556629345.jpg
49 KB, 912x684
>>37491605
>even more of an asshole now
>narcissistic to the point i fap looking at myself in the mirror
>>
>>37491605
>became gay
Still wondering how the fuck am I going to solve this. My grandpa is the typical fascist and those are the vallues he passed to the family, if I come out of the closet they will never look me in the eyes again.
Im young but there will be a time where im expected to have a family and children and when that time comes I have no way out bros.
>>
People assume that since I'm strong physically I must be strong mentally.

Not even close. I mentally shut down constantly and I just go through periods of regret and self hate
>>
>>37503160
I realized I was guy when I was 12. Here's my plan. Befriend a single lesbian and convince her to have my child. We will raise the kid together until it starts to realize we aren't connected romantically. We will then "break up" but remain friends and by this I mean still live together for the kid.
>>
>>37503292
*gay
>>
>>37492544
>>37494537
Do cardio, you idiots!
>>
>>37503071
>>even more of an asshole now
you stop that

>>narcissistic to the point i fap looking at myself in the mirror
bizarre but not wrong
>>
>>37491661

This.

The more in shape I have gotten the more I look on fatties with disgust.

I think for me it was because I was just like, "damn this shit wasn't that hard, just workout 3 or 4 times a week and don't eat like a cow. How damn hard is that"
>>
>>37494675
Wow that's amazing. All the alcoholics I've ever known pretty much refuse to acknowledge it as even an issue, no matter how many people they alienate.
>>
>>37493043

> Chronic low back pain

you can fix that with the right stretching exercises and a massage therapist.

You should probably eliminate squats and other excersises that put any weight on the lower back muscles.
>>
File: 1451535069819.png (9 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1451535069819.png
9 KB, 205x246
>>37491605
>slowly get fit
>have to buy new clothes because current ones are getting tight
>have zero fucking sense of fashion
>decide it's not worth dealing with the pressure to look good
>no longer fit
>>
>>37492502
you just sound fat
tbqh most of these posts sound like the poster just got fatter.
probably some muscle but mostly fat.
>>
>>37503495
>too lazy to buy clothes

not gonna make it
>>
File: 1277552707220.jpg (7 KB, 251x245) Image search: [Google]
1277552707220.jpg
7 KB, 251x245
>>37491605

>fart all the goddam time
>like all the fucking time
>all day
>>
>squatting past bodyweight
Enjoy looking like shit in clothes
>>
>>37503592
I'm not too lazy to buy clothes anon
I just have no idea what to buy and no idea what to wear together
>>
>>37499892
You're buying clothing that is too cheap or something is wrong with your washer/dryer
>>
>>37502611
You probably just have a weird face man
>>
>so many people got mean
>developed idgaf attitude due to people being mean
>pictures on shirts are stretched on the chest area and regular everywhere else
>people talking to me more
>friends who dont lift always saying they can lift more than me on x workout or run faster than me for x distance/time
>>
>become attractive enough to attract girls
>finally get a gf, an affable quirky gf.
>the relationship ends after two months
>crippling depression

I thought I was a rock emotionally ad could not fall in "love" even if I liked someone. I wish I were a robot again sometimes.
>>
>>37502092
I can relate... they assume youre suffering if you show them that you're still eating that good ol chicken and rice with broccoli.
>>
>>37503653
Keep it simple and dark. Solid for tshirts and pick between what type of dresshirt you should get(not the flamboyant stuff) and jeans are the easiest. Shoes are preference as long as they arnt teenager or kiddy shoes youll do just fine.
>lift 200lbs? Easy peezy
>buy simple clothes? Slow dafuq down too much for muh autism
>never fonna make it
>>
>>37499892
>hard to find dress shirts, neck too big,
collar extensions
>>
>>37493043
this is literally me minus the back pain
>>
File: i didn't ask for this.png (858 KB, 1025x746) Image search: [Google]
i didn't ask for this.png
858 KB, 1025x746
>>37501029
No
>>
>>37492502
Make sure all your running is at an easy pace where you could easily hold a conversation. Especially since you are heavy for a runner. Your tendons and connective tissue will thank you for this. Youll be alot less likely to get injured. Running is not a good activity for people over 23 bmi. Too high risk of injury unless they have years of base conditioning. Cycling or swimming is much more suitable. but if you insist on running make sure its all easy stuff.
>>
I get 90% of my clothes from carboot sales and medium and the odd large are popular clothes people get rid of so I have a shit tonne of good label clothes that cost 50p - £7 on shit that retails for £160.

You guys should look into that if you're poor as shit and can't afford new clothes. Lot of stuff still has labels in but you do have to fight with the Pols and Gypsies
>>
>>37502579
Somewhat. It's why fat asses have a higher maintenance.
>>
Having to listen to normies talk about food, or even worse diets, is just so fucking triggering now that i've become fit. I cant count the times when people tried to make fun of me for eating /fit food and portions.
Listening to someone talk about hiw theyll just eat an apple in the morning, a banana at noon and a peach in the evening triggers the fuck out of me. If one more person asks me if i really think i should eat that much meat im gonna go berserk REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also normies feel intimidated and i have to completely ignore any talk about physical activity at work or everybody gets super defensive and passiv-aggressively justifies why they are living sedentary. I. DONT. CARE. You were the one talking about your hiking trip with your kids.

So basically being fit is awesome, being fit around normies sucks
>>
>>37494422
Docker's Alpha Khaki's Tapered Slim if you can find them. Larger around the thighs, tapered down to the ankle. My squat ass generates a lot of female attention. Gl
>>
File: 1465184773831.jpg (25 KB, 480x375) Image search: [Google]
1465184773831.jpg
25 KB, 480x375
>>37491605
>could probably get any guy I wanted now I'm on my way to becoming a qt fit grill
>only want him
Why won't he love me, guys? I lost all this weight because of him
>>
>pros
>biggest dumps in my life, feels good to take a gigantic dumb on a weekend morning

>cons
>terrible to hurry to work, just for being stopped by your pooping needs
>>
>>37491605
mm

minus wardrobe issue
>>
>>37491638
>laugh at manlets doing stuff even though i'm 5'7
>>
>>37491605
The memes... There were two skellies in the gym yesterday who were quarter squatting baby weight and my mind was all the tfw
>>
>insecure about my height despite being on the tall side of average
>considerably more attractive, considerably more self conscious
>>
>>37497233
Society wants more betas so single moms can have a provider. Before women hit the wall they want alpha like you anon.
>>
>>37504771
What's this even from?
>>
>>37505974
Eh, if you're a girl youll have no lack of options
>>
>>37491605
I'm self conscious of my firm musculr butt
>>
>>37505974
I know the feel, /fit/sister. It's simple - you want him because he doesn't want you, and in reverse he doesn't want you because you want him so bad - you're scaring him away.

Realize that's he's just a dude who doesn't like you, and that should be enough reason not to give him your time of day anymore.

Moving on will be the best for someone who doesn't love you.
>>
Cons:
>People get really upset and angry when they see how much weight I've lost.
>They try telling me how to diet when they themselves are fat and I'm not.
>They assume I cheated/stopped eating altogether and refuse to believe that I lost weight because of dedication, exercise, and watching what I put in my goddamn mouth.
>Fatties scoff at me or interject about how they ran 10k in a minute (or some absurd impossible thing like that)
>I crave the attention from fatties and get a rush of confidence when they give me envious looks and it makes me guilty.
Pros:
>Clothes shopping is fun because I've gotten to a point where I can pull off almost any outfit I want.
>I spend much less on groceries than I used to.
>Confidence is slowly building up as I get more muscle definition.
>>
>>37502455
>>37502520
wtf I eat 2800 to maintain and I'm fairly dyel.
>inb4 4000 calories in 2 years
>>
>>37503643
fucking this.
>>
>>37498386
I suppose you dont know the struggle of having wide shoulders and big chest than?
>>
File: 1464379749932.png (5 KB, 258x248) Image search: [Google]
1464379749932.png
5 KB, 258x248
>people constantly bring up fitness as a topic around me but I feel bad if I talk about my success with it
>people say they wish they looked like me so they wouldn't feel fat not realizing you'll always feel like that fat kid no matter how shredded you get
>women that used to actively dislike me are now friendly towards me and act like I forgot the reason I didn't like them either
All the clothes I wear that don't fit like a tent make it look like I'm showing off even though a dad bod in the same type of shirt would look like hot garbage
>watching my mother and sister make terrible food choices and get fat
That last one is the worst.

Basically I'm still the same autistic introvert I always was but now people find me attractive and think I don't know what it's like to struggle with weight....
>>
>>37491654
Buy your own wings
Bake instead of fry
Make your own sauce without all the sugar
???
Profit
>>
>>37491708
About a year
>>
>>37502731
Are you a boy or a girl? Honest question.
>>
>>37491605

>arent even anywhere near "making it" territory and would be visciously shitposted if I posted pics
>no pants will ever fit my body

y
>>
Not fit but losing wt a bit.
Pants no longer fit without me having to pull them up.
When I manage the will to abstain from booze people give me wierd looks.
When my skelly friend orders a burger and I get the salad the waitress looks flabbergasted every time
Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.