[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there literally any point in lifting if you can't get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: KKbgy7m.jpg (48 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
KKbgy7m.jpg
48 KB, 300x300
Is there literally any point in lifting if you can't get your bodyfat below 15%?

Disclaimer: By "cant" i mean that you just don't have the will-power to stay at a caloric deficit consistently to get a low bodyfat, not some magical muh genetics meme.

Because I am one of those people. I just can't fucking do it brahs. I've been lifting for 4 fucking years and I still struggle getting under 20% bodyfat.
>>
I'm only asking this because i've realized after 4 years no matter how good I perform in the gym, no matter how strong I get, no matter how much volume I do. No matter what style of training or routine I do.....if I don't eat a calorie deficit I just will never lose the fucking fat.

It's fucking demoralizing desu.

Lifting makes me hungry all the time as well. I actually feel like I was leaner before I began lifting 4 years ago.
>>
>>37490354
Depends on your goals. You can look pretty good at 15% if you have enough muscle and the correct proportions. I'm guessing you're a lot fatter if you "struggle" to get under 20%, that shit is easy as fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 692x461) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 692x461
Pic related is the leanest I've ever been.

That was after 3 whole years lifting.

I just don't have the genetics for getting amazing results from lifting. Maybe you're the same?

Most of us have shit genetics anyway, there's a reason why people like zyzz stick out. If everyone could obtain zyzz like body then zyzz wouldn't even be special.
>>
>>37490354
>want something
>cant do it
>whine on an image board
>>
Strongfat is beastly
>>
>>37490354
switch to new goal, dingus
lifting isnt just about aesthetics
>>
>>37490459
Are you trying to take a dump on the floor?
>>
File: kimboisdead.jpg (18 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
kimboisdead.jpg
18 KB, 200x300
Goal body, looks around ~15% to me
>>
>>37490354
stop smoking weed fggt
>>
>>37490459

Zyzz did roids. Anyone on roids can get a decent body if you arent retarded.

You looked pretty decent my friend. I'd stick with it. Most heavy weight ufc fighters look like that and would whoop anyone on this board.
>>
>>37490825
>lifting isnt just about aesthetics
but it is if you are not powerlifting
>>
>>37490354
I hit a goddamn wall when I was on keto for about a month with no fucking progress. I kept eating less and even doing weekly 24hr fasts while doing cardio. Fucking nothing. Gave up, feel a bit better desu at least I can eat somewhat normal again while getting stronger.

But,

I will always look better with my shirt on.
>>
>>37490354
>to stay at a caloric deficit consistently
When I cut I like to do it over a long period of time with a lot of breaks, both for mental relief but also due to the simple fact that weight loss always seems to slow down if you keep eating at a decifit for long.

So instead of cutting for 10 weeks for example, I'll start much sooner but only do a couple of weeks at a time followed by a week or two of maintenance, and then back to cutting again.

Slow and steady wins the race.
>>
>>37490354
willpower is everything, and it is a fundamental part of genetic advantage too. You need to train it desu
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.