[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: hippo_preview.jpg (90 KB, 450x590) Image search: [Google]
hippo_preview.jpg
90 KB, 450x590
last ones full

i always wondered: is it better to deadlift 3x5 or even 5x5 at ~70% 1RPM or just go for it 100% 1x5?

lets say for hypertrophy
>>
Is doing a volume intense split (brosplit) or higher frequency split (full body) better for natty lifters wanting to gain mass?
>>
>>37482672
you're asking the wrong question. the questions you should ask are "how much work do I need to do to disrupt homeostasis?" and "how long do I need to recover from that work?". that's the fundamentals of designing a routine.

>>37482827
the latter, at least until you get to advanced levels.
>>
At what point to use mixed-grip for deadlifts (if ever)? Can't get to/past 225lbs just because the bar keeps rolling. Can do it fine mixed tho
>>
>>37483037
first thing to do is get chalk. if you need more help then do hook grip. if that doesn't work then either go mixed or get straps.
>>
>>37483068
No chalk in my gym, it's small af. Should I just move on to trying hook grip? I kinda wanna stick with overhand since i have bitch forearms
>>
>>37483120
>No chalk in my gym
why are you so helpless?

you need to bring your own chalk.
>>
>>37483131
lol not helpless, just in a place where getting chalk isn't possibility for a few months. (Third world country, no delivery/post near, no shops that sell, moving soon). But that's neither here nor there. gonna go with hook till i can get my hands on chalk.
>>
>>37482672
It is normal to grow hair on the shaft of your penis while on minoxidil?

>inb4 stop masturbating with it
>>
you should deadlift at 0rpm since you dont want the bar spinning
>>
>>37483037
>At what point to use mixed-grip for deadlifts
you use mixed grip at the time you stop caring about your biceps tendon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw
>>
im underweight so i've been eating like crazy and doing starting strength, and now even though im still technically underweight im flabby with no skelly abs

should i just keep going until im at a health weight and then recomp? im basically a flabby stick now
>>
>>37483171
Kek
>>
File: bgf).jpg (99 KB, 1109x614) Image search: [Google]
bgf).jpg
99 KB, 1109x614
>>37482672
Repostan

Cutting. Im aiming for 1300 kcal a day
5,7 and 156 lbs

I have never been at 1300 kcal/day. Am I gonna die or ill be fine?
>>
>>37483367
>doing starting strength
>flabby with no skelly abs
how about u go on a real routine like PPL?
SS is only for people who want strength gains,not aesthetics.
>>
>>37483468
>I have never been at 1300 kcal/day. Am I gonna die or ill be fine?
oh my god americans
>>
Can I get a form check sorry for shitty video
https://youtu.be/iEYCgtl-c3Y
>>
>>37483573
you have a little bit of a buttwink and your knees travel too far forward.everything else looks fine.nice glute activation at the end too.
>>
>>37483606
Thanks
>>
I am recovering from a knee injury at work, and I was given the go-ahead to squat and do that type of stuff again, taking it easy of course.

My question is what type of squat is the easiest on the knees? I was assuming low-bar, but that is just an assumption.

Was thinking about giving front squats a shot, good or bad idea?
>>
I just started lifting recently, Im 135, 5'9"

I was curling 30lb dumbells and 25lb ones.

also doing the thing where you lean on a bench and pull a weight up to your chest, i was also bending my wrist when doing that to try and work forearms too.

I have no idea what im doing,

But after i was done lifting my whole right arm started to feel cold and slightly numb, and its still like that today

What the hell did I do?
my arm has no pain, it can move in every direction, but it feels cold and numb
>>
I'm just starting from skelly body (190cm/6.2ft - 65kg/143lb)
After doing 3/4 GOMAD during 4 weeks i gain 5kg/11lbs, I have not done any physical exercise.
I want to start doing some exercice, should i wait till i gaing more weight? Should i start with bodyweight before i try going to the gym? I look and feel very weak.
>>
>>37483556
Im sorry little african child, is that a no?
I really dont want to die
>>
Based on the past two weeks of experimenting and seeing what I can handle, I've come up with a 2 days on/1 off plan. Tell me what you think.

Day 1:
Incline Bench Press 3x5 for strength
Rack pull 3x3 for strength
Dips 30 total reps
Face pulls 3x20
Slight incline db bench 3x8-10
Chest supported db row 3x10-12

Day 2:
Split squats 3x5 for strength
Ohp 3x5 strength
Goblet squats 3x8
Seated heavy lateral raises 3x5 or so
Smith squats 3x15
Lateral raises 3x10

I might super set the stuff after strength movements. This is built around a knee injury that acts up frequently. It's what I can comfortably do and still push my limits with, I think.
>>
>>37483749
should probably get it checked out.
>>
Can someone help a brotha out and post infographs of a typical /fit/ diet?
>>
>>37482672
OP im not sure that posting a picture of your mom on a QTDDTOT is a good idea.
>>
>>37484004
should i at least give it another day?
>>
File: 1465311334847.jpg (40 KB, 726x381) Image search: [Google]
1465311334847.jpg
40 KB, 726x381
I don't want this to get worse. It's been going on for about a week.

I've gotten a deep pain in my left kneecap that is usually activated by stairs and running, but not so much by walking.

I run a mile before and after my lifts.

I just want to suck it up and keep running, it's not unbearable, but is it anything to be concerned about based on anyone's experience?

I slapped some tiger balm on it an hour ago and it's doing alright, but I'm supposed to run in 4 hours.
>>
>>37483681
Low bar to depth, be extra aware of knee tracking and don't do leg extensions.
My patella likes to wonder and "dislocate" if I do high bar and extensions.
>>
>>37484062
yo, I'm >>37484054

should I lay off the leg extensions for a while?
>>
>>37483749
somone halp,
shit keeps getting more numb, i dont want to piss a fortune on a doc if its not serious
>>
File: May Cutting.png (3 MB, 1975x1500) Image search: [Google]
May Cutting.png
3 MB, 1975x1500
Where do I go from here?
I want strength and abs.
Should I stop cutting?
I'm gonna start SS soon but I feel like I still have too much bellyfat and stuff.
>>
>>37484337
definitely start gaining weight

i can see your abs, its not belly fat
it's a lack of muscle and shit posture
>>
>>37484103
Personally, I'd say forever. Any other quad focused exercise is better and easier on the knees. Lunge, front squat, cycling, whatever.
>>
>>37483158
Pls answer
>>
>>37484337
Start doing vacuums in between sets when you work out. You're turning into a fucking ninja turtle.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (2 MB, 1921x2559) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
2 MB, 1921x2559
How much tuna is too much tuna?
I love this stuff.
>>
>>37484672
le mercury

But it has tons of broteins, and really low calorie, absolutely based food.
>>
File: cb2.jpg (89 KB, 427x579) Image search: [Google]
cb2.jpg
89 KB, 427x579
PLEASE ADVISE!!

I started strolling out of Auschwitz a little under a year ago, but got trapped in Snap City for the past 4 months.
The goblins stole my gains and sent me back again. I'm now almost ready to return to the Iron Temple to search
for the long lost gains, wrist has been feeling good for 5 days straight.
I believe it's wise to wait another 2 weeks before returning, but I need advice on diet and creatine.

Should I start bulking again asap? I don't care about summer and shit, I just gotta get outta the entire Auschwitz region.
And the creatine, should I load it so that the loading is done the day I return to the weights?

Please help me make it fa/m

> pic is body b4 snap city
>>
>>37484672
More than 2 cans a day, 6 days a week, for a period of 104 weeks or more, something like that. It takes a lot of tuna to do serious harm, and no deviation from eating the tuna.
>>
>>37483894

You shouldn't do the same muscle groups two days in a row, try to split it differently.
The issue here is your shoulders, they could get fuked fast
>>
>>37484440
What's a vacuum?
And is Ninja turtle bad?
>>
how important are carbs/sugars/fats?

i'm on a clean bulk and i just try and hit protein and calories, while eating healthy. does the other stuff really matter that much?
>>
>>37484746
You should stay ~500 calories above maintance to ensure the best muscle growth.

You sound really insecure if you cant even figure out how to eat on your own. Eat as much as you want to. Getting too fat? Eat less. Not making gains? Eat more.
>>
>>37484911
fats good
carbs bad
>>
Is 70kg bench and 35kg ohp bad or good for 1 month? Or average?
>>
>>37484974
Good.
>>
>>37484787
Good point maybe if I change these lifts around to a ppl type deal ?
>>
>>37484974
That completly depends on how your body was when you started. If you have been playing sports and shit your entire life, it might not be very good. It is all about PROGRESS. Have you increased a lot?

Also, you should not compare yourself to other people, but only to your past self.
>>
>>37485019

Cool, thanks

>>37485041

Completely sedentary

Started with bar on both lifts
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (144 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
144 KB, 1280x720
>>37484440
>not wanting to enter Raphael mode
You'll never truly leave humanity behind.
>>
>>37484337
Do you have a desk job?
As you can see in the picture, you belly is protuding
You have to stretch your hip flexors (google) because they pull your hips forward.
Also google glute briges because you probably have weak glutes which contribute to the problem
Do that every day
>>
File: approval_dude.png (16 KB, 94x94) Image search: [Google]
approval_dude.png
16 KB, 94x94
>>37485063
Post routine and diet, please.
Do you sleep much?
Do you use supplements?
I've been plateauing on 50 kg bench and 30 kg OHP for a month now.
>>
>>37485086
Eat more and bench more, you really think supplements will help you if you stall on 50kg bench?
>>
>>37485086
>50 kg bench and 30 kg OHP
>plateauing

Friend, that isn't a "plateau". That is you paying zero attention to your diet and/or having tried to come up with your own terrible routine rather than following a cookie cutter program.

When you're closing in on 2x bodyweight bench press and stalling, then you can talk about plateaus.
>>
>>37485078
>hip flexors
Thanks man! Yea, desk job and my posture is shit.
>>
Managed to fix my back pain while squatting.

Had my toes out like a tard, shifted to toes forward and it seems to have completely solved the fucking problem.
>>
>>37485140
The sticky has some nice stretches too. Do them and you will avoid injuries. Trust me i've been there. also if you have a bit of backpain/ a sore backfrom standing for long periods of time, stretching hip flexors will help
>>
>>37485086

It's nothing special, I try to sleep 8 hours a day, get some bcaas and protein powder, stick to 2000 calories

ABC type routine with one compound per day and then accessories, try to focus on shoulders because I love OHP
>>
>>37483796
>being this fat
>>
My weight gain has stalled. I was going up 1-2 pounds a week from skelly mode and now I've been at 140 for two weeks. Still eating 2600-2700 cals a day but it's doing nothing.

What happened?
>>
>>37485277
Your TDEE increased. Go up to 2700-2800 a day.
That or it's just coincidence and your weight will fly up all of a sudden.
>>
>>37484746
Fuck you and your meme spouting horse shit

>i know the secret code words
>>
What is a good app to track my lifts?
>>
>>37485526
notepad
>>
>>37483158
i have hair 3 inches up my shaft when erect, I think it's just genetics.
>feels bad man
also not on minoxidil but thinking of trying it
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 440x660) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 440x660
Been reading about Keto diet cuz I see it mentioned here so often, it was all sounding pretty good until I read it can make gaining strength/muscle mass difficult. Is this true? If this is true is the point of keto simply burning fat more efficiently? Can I do keto and keep getting these noob gains? Doing PPL btw. Thanks brahs
>>
>>37485545
i have hair on my foreskin

full natty.

get on my level.
>>
>>37485726
keto isn't even more efficient at fat loss... it is a meme.

http://nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-7075-3-7

good for cardio, so is lifting. though
>>
in the book the muscle and strength pyramide by eric helms there is example hypertrophy routine with deadlifts for 4x4-6. isnt it too much volume for DLs?
>>
>>37485726
keto doesn't burn fat more efficiently. yes, if you switch to a diet that's mainly fat and protein you will use fat and protein for energy. this does not mean you lose more body fat. it's true that you burn more fat on keto, but you also eat more fat. in the end, what decides how much weight you lose is the numbers calories you eat. a 500 kcal deficit on keto will result in the same fat loss as a 500kcal deficit on a regular diet.
>>
why do i look way bigger right after a workout but the day after most of the progress seems gone? Or is this just psychological
>>
What do cutfags usually eat for breakfast?
>>
>>37485839
If Eric Helms tells you to do it, you do it.

Anyway, please understand that all these beginner's programs that include 1x5 deadlifts all revolve around high frequent low-bar squatting. If that weren't the case, the deadlift wouldn't be trained like that.
You can never assess something isolated from the context.
>>
>start cut, weigh 180
>day one, 178.8, figure it is mostly water weight, which is kinda weird as i am not restricting sodium or carb intake
>day two, 176.8
>day three, 175.4
>day four 176.4
at this point i was 180 with a days worth of food and water in me, i figured i was cutting too fast, and since i worked the fuck out this day, i figured i would eat at maintenance (2,500kcal, feel like i hit this right on the mark, even if i missed there is ZERO chance i was off by more than 500kcal) set a chin-up pr, worked the fuck out pretty much to my max capacity
>weigh in today at 182
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

after shitting and pissing i am down to 180...

almost a week worth of cutting down the drain..

how did i fuck up so horrendously?
c-can i still get visible abs in 8 weeks? (was shooting for 20lb cut, so 2.5lb a week)
>>
>>37485943
okay. that template looks solid. thanks
>>
>>37485865

It's the "pump." Blood build-up and lactic acid in the muscles gets flushed as the day goes on.

Protip: 20 push-ups or so will bring the "pump" back for a little while if you're going out in short sleeves or topless at the beach.
>>
>>37485910
water, sometimes plain seltzer water.

do you not know the glory of intermittent fasting?
>>
>>37485963
If this is your first time cutting maybe you shouldn't try something like having an 8 week deadline for 20 fucking pounds. It's bound to be a disaster.
>>
Anyone recommend compression shorts, that aren't just "base layer"?

I home gym so I don't care about looking ridiculous.
>>
>>37485910

I eat a protein pudding that I buy from the store, costs like 2 bucks, contains 20g of protein and 144calories with 200g total pudding
>>
>>37485910

3-4 eggs.
or
a small bowl of oats (40-50g)
or
just coffee
>>
>>37485910
Cottage cheese or 0% Greek Yogurt

With fresh fruit.
>>
>>37483367
You're eating too much. If you're looking for aesthetics I'd replace power clean with row and add some good brosplit exercises to the end of your workout. Like incline press, decline press, dips, pull ups or pulldowns, curls etc
>>
>>37486025
not first time cutting.
not first time doing rapid fat loss

former 265 fatty, down to a lean 180.... i just want muh lower abs....

i just don't get how eating at maintenance would ostensibly cause a gain in weight....
>>
>>37485780
So if one is going for overall health & muscle gain what diet would you guys recommend?
>>
>>37486091
Shortterm weight fluctuations are unreliable as fuck. You can't fully control how much water is in your body. It's cool that you weight yourself daily, but try to calculate the average weight over time rather than make decision from whatever number shows up on the scale the given morning.
>>
>>37485910
40g bread, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, a fruit, and 200ml of low fat milk with coffee. Also lots of water

Its like 250-300 kcal
>>
>>37486031
fellow homegym here.

i recommend nude lifting. for everything except oly lifts.
>>
>>37485910
Milk300ml, oats 50g, raisins 25g and almonds 15g.
522 calories- running at 2300 calories a day
>>
I know you do fasted cardio on yohimbine
But what if I lift for 90-120min before I do cardio?
>>
>>37486134
Not him, but is it really possible to have 6 pounds worth of water weight in one sitting like that?
>>
Do I really have to eat 1,5 grams of protein per lbs of body weight every day when cutting as the sticky suggests?
Other sources would have me believe that 1 gram per lbs body weight is the absolute max to consume in any circumstance.
>>
>>37486134
thanks, i might stress myself out for no reason from time to time.

it is just i figured i had spiked my insulin enough to control for cortisol, plus i had a couple glasses of wine (like 240kcal worth) to dehydrate me a little...

goddamn it i need the superpower to control my internal water reserves....

i will relax and keep cutting while hoping for the best
>>
>>37486102
nonrestrictive dieting and intermittent fasting...
>>
>>37486195
no.
you feel healthier and more sated eating close to .8g/lb, which is more than the maximum your body requires anyways
>>
>>37485910
Dicks
>>
File: blurred.jpg (409 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
blurred.jpg
409 KB, 1024x768
>>37486417

>Feminine Penis

FTFY
>>
Just started SS. My body is pretty sore, but is it okay to swim on rest days? I feel like the water will be good for my body.
>>
Are weighted crunches, planks and russian twists with light weight all I need for abs/obliques outside DL and squats?
>>
Two questions:

1.) Is it better to go with 5x5 or 3x10 for building muscle?

2.) I'm a fat fuck and I want to jog on the treadmill for my cardio but everytime I do, my left ankle tends to start hurting a bit while my right calf tenses up. Should I talk to a doctor about it or is this probably from a sedentary lifestyle and being overweight and should go away as I lose weight (250lbs 6ft tall)?
>>
>>37486751
Your body will naturally feel sore if this is your first time lifting/getting back into lifting after a long period of time. After a few weeks you'll be fine. Swimming and stretching should definitely help.

Wanted to get a tub of ON 100% whey gold standard, but I ended up settling for an all whey gold from allmax. Did I fuck up or are they similar enough?
>>
>>37485910
I wouldn't know anon, I'm not circumsised :^)
>>
I weigh and track all my food and cardio on mfp. Let's say I can eat 1900 cals per day to lose 1.5 lb/wk. I burn 360 with cardio. I eat for the day but end up goofing and eating two donuts that I tracked and also still left me about 50 cals under my goal. How bad am I fucked?
>>
>>37483156
>not digging up your own chalk
dude do you even want to be natty?
>>
is it stupid/advisable to do upright front rows (http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidLateral/BBUprightRow.html) on the same day as OHP?

just discovered them and think they are great.
trying to work them into my routine. what fits?!
>>
File: 1463519490724-fit.jpg (3 MB, 3297x4340) Image search: [Google]
1463519490724-fit.jpg
3 MB, 3297x4340
How do I get a big ass?
Is the answer just squats and dl?
>>
>>37487083
Make sure your grip is just outside of shoulder width. proper form overhead press but slightly wider
>>
>>37484054
Probably fucked up ur knee. Pain Is the body's way of telling you somethings wrong fuckhead. Seems like you're overdoing it with the running.
>>
>>37484048
sheesh
>>
File: img_150820.jpg (19 KB, 441x280) Image search: [Google]
img_150820.jpg
19 KB, 441x280
have i found the holy grail, that is sour milk cheese?

100g have
30(!)g protein
120 calories
0g fat
0g carbs
3g salt though

now, many will say it tastes like shit, BUT!
just put it in a pan, let it melt until crispy - tastes like any other melted cheese. but without remorse that is.
i grate it on everything now

am i retarded or is this the goat food? inb4 both
>>
For the sticky's SS daily accessories, do I do:

Weighted situps, 5 seconds going down slowly, then back up.
Hyperextensions normal reps (not following the 5 second thing for situps).

I was confused by the phrasing of the part.
>>
>>37483367

you didnt give a timeframe or your strenght progression
>>
How bad are squats with toes really far out (~45°)?
That's the only way I can perform high bar squats thanks to my long femurs.
Is that fine or am I setting myself up to explode my knees?
>>
>>37485201

so you've benched 4 times (ABC for a month) and increased your bench by 60kg?
>>
>>37487110
why do all instructions advise a grip slightly LESS than shoulder width?
>>
As a skelly doing SS, is it more important to be able to finish all 5 reps or is it more important to keep the weight high?

For example, if my new 5 rep max squat is 160, and I can only do 4 reps on my second set, should I reduce weight for my third set or maintain the weight and just do as many as possible? Which is more conducive to progress?
>>
I'm losing fat for the first time and have been counting my calories with good success.

I now started exercising and looked into the protein suggestions in the sticky.

To be honest, I have no idea how I'm supposed to eat that much protein. I already eat pretty meat heavy, but with a goal of 140 g of protein I'd have to eat around 600g of chicken each day. Am I really supposed to do that?
>>
>>37487373
I bet it's expensive. But it also seems pretty cool.
>>
>>37487585
seconding this question, i'm a college poorfag and have been struggling to find good protein and calorie dense foods that won't fucking kill me if i make a habit of eating them
>>
File: 1434488250988.jpg (483 KB, 1080x1872) Image search: [Google]
1434488250988.jpg
483 KB, 1080x1872
Been lifting for about 3 weeks.

Doing SL 5x5

Started at 186 @ ~21% BF

increasing weight by 5lb except DL which is by 10lb each session

Started with bar on all lifts but BB Row and DL.
current stats(lb)
Squat: 90
OHP: 65
Bench: 65
BB Row: 85
DL: 125

I've been tracking macros and cals using myfitnesspal and have been on point macro wise every single day, eating approx 1lb protein per pound of bodyweight.

Question:
I started cutting because I wanted to lower my BF% and get rid of my love-handles and small gut, it's coming along, was planning on staying on the cut for another month. I feel within the next week or 2 the weight is going to become challenging and I may miss reps if I don't eat more. Should I just eat maintenance instead of at a deficit and ignore my BF% until I get stronger lifts and cut when I'm comfortable with the weight I'm lifting? Or should I continue the cut until I start missing reps?

T-thanks /fit/
>>
What does "high test woman" even mean?
>>
>>37487717
Fat.
>>
If I start an early intermediate program a little early, is that bad?
>>
>>37487585
>>37487610

Try Animal's "Big on a Budget" series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8pC1l_FegM&list=PL0H2Ew9jrOTW2-5iO6DfjwPHfk90w0l03
>>
>>37487584

if you successfully did one set you should prob keep same weight and reattempt next time for full sets

desu it's a good idea experiment yourself and not be dependent on others for advice on wishy washy areas like this. you might feel like after a couple incomplete sets that you want to lower weight and do an additional full set of 5 afterwards. different approaches like this can help if you feel stuck a couple days in a row.
>>
>>37487696

what's your height
>>
>>37482672
Should I start doing cable crossovers instead of dbb chest flys and inc bench?
>>
>>37482672
Alright I'm doing boxing and powerlifting

how do I work out around this?

I'm doing the compounds and a few acessories

Atm i'm doing 3 sets
1x20 with light weight(I perform this really fast)
1x12 with light weight but bit more( perform fast/explosive too)
1x5 with max load

is this ok? I'm doing that scheme on compounds only, dunno how to work with acessories, guess I should keep them 3x8-12?
>>
>>37487591
1€/100g where i live (austria)
>>
>>37487886

just to append to this: this seems to imply youre tall in which case stalling should not be acceptable. youre weak as fuck

for perspective im at the end of week3 SS and ive gone 135 -> 200lbs on deadlift because i add ed 20 15 15 15 each time. doubt that is possible on cut. seems inefficient to not exploit noob gains in as short of time period as possible imo
>>
>>37487886
6'3
>>
>>37487717
>Gynoid fat refers to the body fat that forms around the hips, breasts and thighs. Gynoid fat in women is used to provide nourishment for offspring, and is often referred to as 'reproductive fat'. This is because it contains long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), which are important in the development of foetuses. [...] it is also regarded as a physically attractive feature and serves additionally as an indication towards a woman's reproductive potential for mates.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynoid_fat_distribution
>>
>>37487969
So far Deadlifts are not challenging at all at 125, I don't expect those to get challenging anytime soon. The only lifts I'm worried about are OHP and Row which are starting to go from easy to requiring effort. Bench and Squat are easy. I don't have a very strong back or shoulders. My lower body is pretty strong though.
>>
I'm running 5/3/1 and want to improve my The Press. Should I downgrade my bench to an accessory lift and have 2 The Press days a week or should I add lighter accessory The Press(ing) to my bench day?
>>
are db flies even worth it?
>>
>>37486186
If I really tried, I could get a change in body weight 10-15 lbs within 24 hours, by manipulating carbs, sodium, hydration, and the amount of shit in my gut.
>>
>>37486178
bump
>>
>>37488014
my perspective is a little biased i guess cause I did ss in 2011 from the same position im in now. I suggest if a lift is really easy to just throw on more weight. DL in particular this makes sense cause when youre below 135 the bar isnt even the right height. just be responsible

ohp stalls pretty early if you cant get access to 2.5lb increments. i already did trying to go 80->85. it becomes a problem if you stall 2 days in a row tho. eat more if that happens
>>
>>37487964
Thanks Brudi, will try it. That's even better than gut und günstig Kuh-Feta, perhaps even better than Magerquark.
>>
How bad is it to split your workout up or does it really have no ill effect on muscle/strength growth?

I have most equipment at my house to handle all of the big movements plus some isolated and accessory movements except things that require machines like face pulls, lat pulldowns, tricep push down, etc.

Was thinking of hitting what I can before work and then using the gym during my lunch/down time to hit the shit I missed.
>>
Got a girl coming over tomorrow to my place, we've been on few days and just been kissing, how do I make sure I fuck her and get my cardio that way (keeping it fit related)
>>
>be a fat fuck
>self-loathing reaches critical levels
>rather than kill myself, decide to accept it and become fit for my own health
>start strong lifts 5v5 and C25K
>didn't realise the bar is 20kg by itself, thought it was 10
>2 days of rest, with solid sleep, rest and good diet afterwards, still sore as fuck
>the process of standing and sitting hurts a lot
>google affects of ibuprofen on DOMS
>found a research paper
>Ibuprofen blocks the production of pain receptors after 48 hours
>Has a very little affect on White Blood Cell levels 48hrs post-exercise, despite Ibuprofen being a well known anti-inflammatory drug
>Ibuprofen group had Creatine Kinase begin to reduce after 24hrs in their blood.
>CK is the enzyme that catalyses creatine reactions for tissue growth
>Reduced CK could mean less tissue damage
>But could also mean less tissue repair
>i.e. less gains
>Paper also stats that conflicting conclusions were drawn from similar papers, and that Ibuprofen had no affect on CK levels

Do I just bear the pain for the risk of losing gains? I know the pain is temporary once I start going regularly, but as of now its preventing the regularity of my exercise routine
>>
>>37488500
Remember that she also wants to fuck you.
>>
where can i buy some nice knee sleeves. I'm still fat so i need a pair that are are about 22-24'
>>
>>37488531
depends on whether or not youre just a pussy and have never been sore before, or youre feeling actual "i cant do this exercise" pain
>>
>>37487957
>>37487957
>>37487957
need help

I'm training every day except for sunday, if im not lifting I'm having box and vice versa
>>
I just started SL 5x5 and my goal is to get bigger and stronger
Is getting strong and fat an realistic goal? Like not cutting ever and always getting bigger and stronger and bulking at all times? I don't want to cut again (ex-fatty). And even though I don't eat junk food at all , I like the idea of not needing to go into cut after cut and jeopardizing my lifts just to get 'prettier'
>>
if you're 6'2''

what's the ideal weight you'd bulk up to before you even decide on cutting?

Just curious b/c my friend is perma bulking and he's hovering around 6'3'' // 220lbs. dude is jacked as fuk and he even told me that it's the trade off for being tall.

You either suck it up and bulk forever/look big or look average in a shirt.
>>
>>37488531
its only bad like the first week and stops completely after the 2nd

if the pain is unbearable just skip until you can again. be a big boy and be honest with yourself that you dont fall out of your new habit though
>>
>>37488579
plenty of my friends have given up cutting just to look good.

life is 10000x better when lifting is just a hobby, rather than an obsession with macros/routines.

Lift
Eat
Enjoy beers and amazing food
Dont worry about macros
aka
The Dream Life
>>
>>37488541
I know I just wanna do more than just take my pants of and look her in the eyes after making out for a while, which some friends swear by but yeah.
>>
>>37488560
>>37488588
I've been sore before, but I don't think its ever been like this. Then again, everything seems fine once you've been through it.

I think I'm just going to bear with it for now. Today marked the 48 hour period so I should be over the hill tomorrow.

More than anything, getting fit is a mental struggle, which I've attempted before but always gave up early on. This time I feel more determined, and I actually spoke to people at the gym and didn't spaghetti everywhere. I wasn't socialising, but just asking small questions about stuff. I was mainly worried that this set back will make me give up again but I feel like that's not the case anymore.

Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>37488661
its totally normal. i was totally sedentary and couldnt squat the my second day. im on week3 now no pain at all ever
>>
can someone recommend some exercises to fix bitch wrists please
>>
>>37488661
Just bear with it, I had a motorcycle accident and was out for 2 months and the soreness was really big

also now I'm lifting and doing boxing again(tfw knee is finally better despite losing some "feel" which means I fucked up some nerves) and I'm feeling really REALLY tired and sore all over my body, especially shoulders and legs but before I had no problem.

it goes away with time m8, it happens because your body isnt used to it
>>
How do you guys deal with a shit gym day?

>failed to progress at squats (couldn't get last couple reps)
>failed to progress on bench press (couldn't get last rep)
>regressed on pendlay rows to work on form
>taking weight off bar and manage to crush my finger, start dripping blood everywhere
>doing pull-ups on a bar mounted close to wall, manage to smash my knees into the wall because I had some forward momentum when I let go of the bar

I had some good linear progression up to this point but today just feels like a wasted day. Think I'll take some extra days off this week and see if that helps.
>>
>>37488739
Sounds like you made tons of progress. Don't get hung up on numbers
>>
>>37488697
being as how there's no muscle on wrists, there are none
>>
>>37488601
Abs are also nice anon
You can also drink and eat once youre at low bf
>>
>>37488797
is there anything i can do to atleast make them stronger? thats more important as im doing boxing and i want to condition them so i dont fuck them up later
>>
What's the weight for 10-12%bf to someone that is 177cm tall and has good muscle mass?

I'm at 74.4kg and can see my first two upper abs, the other two are bit visible if I push out stomach but I seem to have shitty fat genetics, feels like all my fat is store on my love handles and a bit on lower abdomen
>>
>>37488825
Conditioning should be taught to you by your coach, unless by "I'm doing boxing," you mean "I'm punching the bag in my gym every day."
>>
>>37488851
He told me to do pushups on my fist instead of on my palms - that was fucking my shit up.... why would i be here if i already had what i needed?
>>
any video that breaks down power cleans? I have a hard time doing them without one of my shoulders hurting, I think it's the left one. I really need to get explosive power

also, what are some good shoulder exercises for stretching and maintaining good health?

would glady appreciate help.
>>
>>37488851
also im actually doing muay thai, but the boxing aspect is fucking my wrists up.... would hand/forearm exercises help stabilize my wrists? thats all im after, im not trying to get bigger wrists
>>
>>37488896
You have your answer. though.
>>37488909
Do power snatches instead, there's a pretty in-depth video on Omar's channel.
Also look up "shoulder dislocates"
>>
>>37487555

Nah, 8 times

My routine wasn't set in stone until recently

and it would be 50kg + bar
>>
>>37488970
>>37488957
>>
>>37488957
Pushups on fist will help stabilize your wrists.
That said, muay thai absolutely ruins the joints of even healthy strong people, so perhaps reconsider.
>>
Can someone explain the daily accessories for SS? The bit about 5-second situps. And do I do the same thing with hyperextensions?
>>
>>37489011
thanks man, i guess i was overloading them then.

My stance on muay thai is that if i prepare myself properly, i have nothing to worry about (youd be suprised how ignorant a lot of the people are at my gym; their very lazy about their training and dont study too hard about anything). Im trying to apply what i learn on fit and on the web to my training, so that i dont end up with fucked up joints.
>>
doing SL with 3x5. Beginner progress is good. Up to 100lb bench on 5th day. I sense it will be slightly more difficult from here. Is it ok to do dumbell press instead? or rather, can I transition between them?

I don't feel safe going above 100 without a spotter.
>>
>>37489234
Failing with dumbells is more likely to cuck your shoulders.
Just bench without clips, so if you can't get it off your chest, you can just tilt to the side and it'll slide off.
>>
>>37489565
Alright. That absolutely makes sense, it seems like the dumbell stuff is way more advanced. I tried it once with the dumbells and it was scary to do the rolling launch. Even starting with the weights on my legs were difficult. Then pressing it up, holding them awkwardly, I knew something was wrong.

The bench is scary too, I don't even have to explain it to you guys. I was struggling to put it up even at 100. Sliding off seems good, but I feel like my gym needs to grease the barbells because the plates are hard as fuck to take off, and put on.
>>
>>37489628
If all else fails, nearly everyone in any given gym is willing to stop what they're doing to help spot you.
We all worry about guillotining ourselves sometimes.
>>
>>37483171
fucking underrated
>>
Hey does anyone have that pic of Mark Rippetoe being controlled by the Jews? I need it for a project.

If I remember correctly, the Ben Garrison jew character was controlling Mark Rippetoe with puppet strings while he spotted a chubby dude doing The Pressâ„¢. I think the chubby guy might have had spirals for eyes and said something like "thank you, Mr. Rippetowitz".
>>
>>37485526
fitnotes
>>
Are there alternative lifts for squats and deadlifts? Also, I'm going to start biking daily soon, so should I even bother doing legs at the gym?
>>
>>37489966
>Are there alternative lifts for squats and deadlifts?
Squat and deadlift variations.
Otherwise no.
>I'm going to start biking daily soon, so should I even bother doing legs at the gym?
If your only goal is vague "fitness," nope.
>>
Hi

I've decided to bulk up from the start three weeks ago, 2700-2800 calories a day as confirmed by macronutrientcalculator.com. I want to avoid wasting any time so I'd like for somebody to comment on my results.

I started at 163.2 pounds 15.8% bodyfat, am now at 164 pounds with 14.8% bodyfat. I use a (high quality) sale at home to measure bodyfat, but it is quite consistent from day to day. Weight however is always a pound up or down.

Accoding to the math i lost 1.5 lbs of fat, and gained 2.3 pounds of muscle over the past three weeks. Additionally, strength gains are real but those could be noob gains as i understand it. I eat clean and 30/20/50 macro split. I've started taking creatine so some of this weight gain is likely to be water.

Should I adapt my diet or keep going on this course ?
>>
>>37489966
hip thrust
>>
>>37482672
Starting to cut and just started gettin /fit/. how and where the fuck do i get a trustworthy TDEE ? I was going by scoobys cal calculator but then the MyFitnessPal app fucked my shit up and says I need to add on like 400 cals... wtf brehs?
>>
>scale says I've lost 10 pounds
>look exactly the same
What the fuck? Shouldn't 10 pounds be a pretty noticeable difference?
>>
>>37482672
I did 65 bench presses at 100 lbs and 10 at 90 lbs, how do I figure out my one rep max?

Also is this crazy? everyone I talk to seems to do way less reps...
>>
>>37482672
So today I found out my friend works out. He went to the bench press so he could do bicep curls at it with the bar, and didn't even bother to re-rack his weights. What should I do /fit/?
>>
File: enemy of islam.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
enemy of islam.gif
2 MB, 320x180
Is it possible to reach otter mode with a single exercise?
>>
aside from hammer curls, what can/should i do for forearm and grip strength? i have trouble with deadlifting and pullups and stuff because my grip cucks me before the actual muscles being worked do
>>
>6'2
>was 230lbs
>now 180lbs

How do I lose the bitch tits? Stomach looks slim enough, but it feels like my tits push out past it. Starting benching a few days ago, but I feel the burn only in the biceps, and not my pectoral area. What should I be doing instead?
>>
Is $300 for a membership at a gym too expensive for 3 months?
>>
>>37491281
Try dumbbell press incline decline and flat making your wrist go past the peak of your pec
>>
What's the diameter where the weights are of those standard 45lb barbells on the squat rack at the gym and where can I find the cheapest 1.25lbs microplates for them?
>>
>>37491233

Swimming
>>
>>37491370
Yes. What the fuck?
>>
is SL a meme routine?
>>
>>37491419
2inch or "olympic"

http://www.amazon.com/44SPORT-Olympic-Fractional-Plates-Weights/dp/B01CO7J5XY?ie=UTF8&keywords=olympic%20plate&qid=1465447928&ref_=sr_1_24&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-24

everyone gouges the price on 1.25 plates
>>
>>37491270
Farmer's walks.
>>37491370
Yes. Gym memberships shouldn't really be more than $30/month unless you're doing really specialized stuff like strongman training.
>>37491500
No.
>>
k, this might be the dumbest question i've ever asked on here

when you bench, a rep is when you go down to the chest and then back up yeah?
>>
>>37491747
Yes
>>
Woke up today looking much leaner than I've ever looked but I weigh 2 lbs heavier. Why? I'd have expected to drop some water weight or something to look so lean.
>>
I started SS in the middle of may and after a week I got sick with a high fever for 2 weeks. I went from 72kg to 67kg in that time. I decided to reset my SS progress and start over again.

When I started again I got a bit overzealous with my squat and my form shit the bed for the last 2 reps of my working sets. The next workout I increased the weight by 2.5kg and same shit.

It's kind of depressing to drop weight during SS but technically I never achieved it if I can't maintain form throughout the workout, right? I just feel like a total failure for failing to keep up with the program on the 2nd work day..

I feel like I know the answer already, but I need to lower the load next workout, right?
>>
probably won't get a useful reply but worth a shot, just don't expect most people on here to know much about my situation.

basically my life may have just changed drastically in about 24 hours. I might be offered a position as a full time cop. I'd like to know if I should be doing anything other than what I do currently. I'm pretty DYEL but I do workout...

pull-ups and chin-ups
push-ups
curls
lat raises
shoulder press

run 5k

I alternate the days I lift and run and don't really have a day off. been doing this for 5 months and have lost 50lbs since January and can do (at least) 100 push-ups in 5 sets, 50 chins/pulls in 5 sets. and I do 13 reps on the isolation/presses. the 5k is basically my off day/cardio excuse to keep my blood moving. although I do work on getting my times lower.

i also work 2 physical jobs that totals 70 hours week. however if I'm offered this position id like to quit one and get a gym membership to train for the academy.

my question is, in the roughly two months I have before the academy what should I be focusing on? I know running is number one but would I benefit from doing compound lifts? or is my most body weight routine ideal or "good enough?"

thanks in advance
>>
>>37492287

Maybe. It depends on how bad your form is.

How did you determine your starting weight?
>>
>>37492303

Most police forces will have their physical requirements for the academy put up somewhere. Find out what they are and where you stand, then re-arrange your workouts to fit that.
>>
>>37492332
yeah I just wasn't sure if lifting weights would improve my body weight reps more than doing the actual exercises.

such as benching is more beneficial to push-ups than actual push-ups. was just curious.
>>
>>37492358

Sometimes benching is, but it depends a lot on how good you are at doing pushups, how heavy you are, stuff like that. Usually it isn't.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 544x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 544x700
Does anyone have that beginner // proficient // advance lifting list recommendation? It was multi colored, I misplaced it.
>>
>>37492314
I did it by the book

I started with weight=bar=20kg and did 5x3.
Then I did weight+=5kg for 5x1 until I felt as though the next iteration would ruin my form (which it did, I guess I was a bit hotheaded and overestimated my strength because I had done it prior to my illness). I ended up at 50kg working sets and did 52.5kg the next workout. I can tell my form was off because my knees were noticeably wobbling and I lacked stability
>>
>>37492385
thanks. I think I might hit the gym as I said to at least start a routine because if I get this job I'll have free access to their gym. regardless I'm gonna continue doing body weight shit
>>
File: 1438795817703.jpg (139 KB, 570x800) Image search: [Google]
1438795817703.jpg
139 KB, 570x800
>>37487373
>cheese
>no fat
ha
>>
Hey got a question

>Started lifting about 6 months ago as skellymode
>started on stronglifts 5x5 and I've been doing that, and it's working okay but the progress is kind of slow i think becuase I started epically skinny and not fat like most people
>do research on 5x5
>people talking about the CNS and saying "you aren'y going get bigger like you would on a bodybuidling program becuase you are learning to use muscles you already have"
>well i'm a skeleton I don't have any fucking muscles and all the muscles I built were from 5x5.

should I switch programs?

is there a problem with just doing 5x5 and then doing 5x12 or something with a lower weight after, if I have time, for building muscle?

I want to look like a human being and not a skinny fag so the mass matters to me
>>
>>37491370
Yeah. Are they charging you like 200 dollars for an initiation fee? Sometimes with short term memberships they charge huge fees up front just to sign up.
>>
>>37492663
It is as simple as this: If you life weight with progressive overloading (putting more kgson the bar everytime) then you will, WITHOUT A DOUBT grow bigger muscles. 5x5 is fine for getting bigger. The only factor you should consider is, what do you like doing.
>>
As a skinnyfat beginner, can I still do cardio when I'm already at a mid-high calorie deficit (25%) or will this just put me in starvation mode?
>>
Quick I need help. My routine involves OHP 3x a week and lots of delt work. I don't bench or care about it and can't anyway in my gym.

I realised my chest is basically not there, what can I do?

Will doing something like ring dips make my chest bigger if I do them on rest days for a couple sets? And won't affect my OHP?
>>
>>37493299

"squeezing" exercises really help in building a big chest, so, if performed strictly, dips can help

flies are really king though. really strict, really slow, shoulders back (like you're trying to hold a tennis ball between your shoulder blades) and feel that squeeze
>>
What do I do if got diarrhea? I decided to have jalapeños with my chicken this morning and I got the shits. Should I eat more or just not eat for the rest of the day while my stomach settles?
>>
Is it okay to do squats if you don't have weightlifting shoes and you have flat feet? I had a torn meniscus and I'm doing better now after physio, but the recovery time plus being a lazy cunt took a lot of time, so back to being a fat fuck now. I'm planning on starting stronglifts, but after the tear and finding out that I have ultra flat feet, I'm kind of afraid of squats now.
>>
>>37493549
Should I eat more than I usually eat to make up for the lost calories?*
>>
Is 5xF(goal is 20) Sit Ups a good core workout and warm up? I do it every time I workout as my first exercise.
>>
>>37483158
what do you use the minoxidil for?

minoxidil stimulates existing follicles, so my best guess is youre imagining things..
>>
How do I make my bitch left thumb stronger
Played volleyball and fucked my thumb up on an easy pass

My left hand has been so fucking retarded all my life from the wrist down to my thumb what the fuck can I do
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 1011x1031) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 1011x1031
>>37483468
Post a picture

This is me at 5'8" 135 pounds 13-14% bodyfat

iPhone 5s for proportion
>>
Hey /fit/

I'm having such an incredibly difficult time eating less.

I fucking love eating and drinking everything, fastfood, homecooked meals, restaurant dishes.

Currently weighing in at 72 KG and I really want to shed an another 3 but I just fail.

How do I stop my desire for food?
>>
>>37493850
by having willpower. every time you feel the urge to binge you should feel ashamed for being such a weak willed pansy. seriously. feel ashamed of yourself.

other than that drink more water
>>
I need to start working out again but i'm always tired and unmotivated.

Is c4 still one of the best pre-workout powders?
>>
When do I take the ECA stack? Is there any negative effects I should look out for when I start taking it?
>>
File: 1465421233603.jpg (478 KB, 1541x844) Image search: [Google]
1465421233603.jpg
478 KB, 1541x844
Is this a meme and im starting SS next week to get away from skinny fat will this help with my noob gains?
>>
File: 1443218797560.jpg (98 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1443218797560.jpg
98 KB, 640x640
>>37482672
Not really a /fit/ question, but I need some advice.
My best friend, whom I've known for 11 years now, is moving to another country and we won't be able to see each other very frequently, if at all for a long time. I'm wondering what would be a good parting gift.
We're both somewhat turbo-autism, but we share many of the same interests, and in general have good taste in things. So what's a generally tasteful thing I could give him?
I was thinking maybe a watch but that feels somewhat overdone.
>I thought I had been broken beyond being able to feel, but thinking about us separating makes me want to cry. Nevertheless I am happy for him to pursue his own work, and am extremely proud of how far both of us have come.
>>
>>37483187
the bicep tendon risk from mixed is about the same as the risk of thumb damage from hook grip
i.e marginal
>>
Bu-ump
>>
>Squats are killing my knees.
>Everything I read online about joints seems like outright buzzfeed levels of dubiosity.

Less weight? Skip volume for a few days? Stay off for a few days? Fuck my knees and power through it? Buy some compression knee wraps?
>>
>>37493850
>72
Thank skeleton
>>
I want to do leg lunges but I'm afraid I'll look gay.. Pls halp
>>
Should I foam roll before or after cardio (basketball)? I've had shin splints, and rolling has helped a lot, but I'm not sure whether to do it before or after or both.
>>
Red pill me on granola bars /fit/
Are they good or bad?
>>
>>37494749
try wearing the right shoes
>>
>>37494667
Just do it. Don't care what other people think. I do barbell exercises with baby plates
>>
>>37493563
Get insoles

>>37493600
Not if you're gonna do compounds. You're gonna need your core fresh for squats, deads, and ohps, so tiring it out beforehand is retarded.

>>37493953
just get some caffeine pills and grow a pair

>>37494667
who fucking cares what others think. If you want to do them, just fucking do them.

>>37494162
iktf bro. I've moved away from my best mate too, and it sucks.
>feels somewhat overdone
You know what he likes and doesn't like. If you think he'll like the watch, get if for him. However, considering you're both austism and have the same taste in things, perhaps get him something related to your mutual interests or something only you two will get. That makes it more memorable IMO.
>>
I got one.
Recently started running to prepare for Rugby.
I workout tomorrow and I am going to do Power cleans, Squats, and Snatch grip deadlifts (among other things). will going for a 2 km run tonight affect my legs' ability tomorrow?

>>37490560
>how and where the fuck do i get a trustworthy TDEE ?
watch the scale more and micromanage what you eat. its a pretty foolproof tdee calculator.

>>37490919
If you are in the 17-13% bf range, it is hard to see changes.
progress is progress.

>>37491072
if bait, then fuck you.
If not bait, then you are doing too many reps. 100 is retarded. read the sticky.

>>37491115
Fuck his brother. If he doesnt have a brother, then fuck his dad.
/nohomo
>>37492741
starvation mode isnt real. you can do cardio, youll just lose weight more quickly. Although as a skinnyfat I would advise you to bulk first. that just my 2 cents though.

>>37493563
>Is it okay to do squats if you don't have weightlifting shoes and you have flat feet?
it is probably better that you dont use weightlifting shoes...as long as you hit depth

>>37493600
>Is 5xF(goal is 20) Sit Ups a good core workout and warm up? I do it every time I workout as my first exercise.
no, cause a fatigued core will affect your squats, deadlifts etc.
do core after, and do hanging leg raises instead

>>37493850
drink coffee or use other stimulants.
You need to want to lose that three pounds more than you currently do.

>>37493953
How about you man the fuck up and motivate yourself. Nobody feels like working out every time. Sitting and watching netflix would be easier like 90% of the time, but its not about whats easy...

>>37494128
You can do it if you want. although, as a newbie you should bulk and take advantage of the explosion of strength.

>>37494667
Everyone at the gym is a closet homosexual anyway. Do your lunges.
>>
>>37494767
I have the right shoes and I have insoles. I just want my calves/shins to not fuck up again.
>>
>>37494799
>>37494791
Oh look, /fit/ hasn't changed at all.
>>
>>37494831
>waahhhh I didn't get the answer I wanted
Either listen to what is said or stop wasting everyone's time, cumrag
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 994x756) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 994x756
How do I get over my fear of the gym? I have social anxiety and low self esteem from me being fat my whole life. I'm afraid that I'll walk in there and not know what I'm doing.
>>
>>37494831
Oh look, another tripfag who is never gonna make it
>>
>>37494846
I workout at my college gym with Chads and Stacies. I'm 27, skinnyfat, and barely lifting any heavy weights. You just gotta ignore everybody and do your own thang nigga

Tho I must admit I do spill some spaghetti if the gym is too crowded
>>
>>37494846
Understand you're not important enough for people to waste their valuable time, that they're using to work out, to pay attention to you.

Remind yourself that its just a learning exercise being there and try figure out what you wanna be doing while there, before you go, so you arent standing around lost allowing the anxiety to kick up a gear.

People will look at you, people look at everyone even you do it, its harmless.

You want to not be fat more than you want to run away. Force yourself.

Every now n then take a slow, deep breath and remind that little anxious voice ' not today fucko, I'm busy'
>>
>>37494846
>read sticky
>prepare your shit
>go to gym
>lift
>go home
EZPZ
No-one will give half a fuck about a noobie/fatass unless you're embarrassing yourself. Bring your phone and listen to some music if that calms you down.
>>
>>37494844
>ask about preworkout
>don't get suggestions on preworkout
Yet you'll (/fit/) have a steroid general but i need to man up?
>>
>>37494791
>>37494799
Thanks for the replies brehs, but one more question. I do have special insoles but I only have regular running shoes to use them with. From what I've read, it's apparently not ideal to do leg exercises with regular running shoes, so do I go barefoot, or will I be okay with the shoes as long as I maintain proper form and hit depth?
>>
File: squat_form_2.webm (584 KB, 204x320) Image search: [Google]
squat_form_2.webm
584 KB, 204x320
please r8 my squat form

I think my lower back is still too rounded
>>
>>37494927
I also have flat feet, and my problem when squatting without insoles is that my knees buckle inwards, causing pain.
See if you can get some cheap Chucks/Vans/knockoff with minimal cushioning and flat soles.

>>37494923
>caffeine is not a viable preworkout
Also, yes, you do need to man up
>>
>>37494923
you led off with a statement about how you are unmotivated, so we told you to motivate yourself.
If you wanted to ask about C4, then just ask about C4. personally, never taken it. Im sure it will give you energy and motivation though, preworkout is basically meth

>>37494927
>From what I've read, it's apparently not ideal to do leg exercises with regular running shoes, so do I go barefoot, or will I be okay with the shoes as long as I maintain proper form and hit depth?

What you've read is true, its not ideal to squat or deadlift in running shoes as running shoes typically compress and decrease stability-which is not good with a heavy load on your spine.
If you have to wear the insoles, then get better shoes (e.g. weightlifting shoes/ chucks), if you can get by without wearing insoles, then you could just skip the shoes altogether.
>>
>>37494943
Pretty bad.
Yes, your back is rounding at the bottom, but you're also bending your upper body forward right at the beginning. The bar is therefore coming down over your knees, so you're fucking up both your knees and lower back. Deload and focus on lowering yourself by creasing your hips first and squeezing your abs tightly enough to stay upright throughout the whole movement.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.