[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get into psychiatrist today due to a cancellation (next appointment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 2
File: seal.gif (2 MB, 452x170) Image search: [Google]
seal.gif
2 MB, 452x170
>get into psychiatrist today due to a cancellation (next appointment was in August)
>listens to me, tells me previous doc misdiagnosed me, gives me an antipsychotic called Latuda
>says it's pretty safe, says occasional people get diarrhea or nausea initially
>get home, research side effects and interactions from it
>Almost 75 different side effects, up to serious rare ones like rhabdomyolysis, renal failure, and parkinsons disease
>feeling discouraged, this med sounds worse than my mental illness almost
>then see "Elevated serum creatinine"

Will this medicine up my gains because of the creatine?
>>
Yes these things can fuck up gains.

I've been asthmatic for 28 years.

When I was on the harder asthma medication it gave me side effects such as fat storage moving to face and gut. Cortisolsteroids do that for some reason. Since coming off them the fat in my face and excessive storage of fat around my gut all dissipated, without any fatloss. Fucking crazy how the drugs effect fat storage placement like that,
>>
>>37473478
this guy gets it

I'm prescribed seroquel XR for hallucinations (not schizophrenia in nature) and I've learned that most psych meds make it very difficult to lose fat. unfortunately, mine also makes me feel unsatisfied unless i consume around 1000 calories per meal ;-;
>>
Nigga quit that Parma shit and get some L-Theanine. Local psychiatrist in my town prescribes that to his patients for anxiety and depression. 8.99 at your local GNC.
>>
>>37473391
The entire field of Psychiatry is bullshit along the lines of Sociology. Enjoy putting random drugs into your body for no real reason.
>>
>>37473478
>>37473687
Fug. I'm on a cut too.

>>37473727
Man, I've tried every hollistic solution there is, including L-Theanine and things like St. John's Wort. I wouldn't be popping these gains annihilators if I hadn't.
>>
>>37473755
This. Just go get some fresh fucking air you nu-male pussy.

The cure to depression is growing some fucking balls, and doing some fucking exercise.

I used to be depressed (It was so bad I didn't go clubbing for like a week), but I fucking cured it by going for a jog, and breathing some good air.

There's no fucking excuses.
>>
>>37473755
Yeah.

OP that psychiatrist doesn't give a fuck about you or the health consequences you may suffer for the rest of your life as a result of the drugs he puts you on. No one in their right fucking mind would tell someone to take a profit-driven psychoactive drug after talking to them for less than an hour. He gets kickbacks of some variety from the drug companies for poisoning you with their shit.
>>
>>37473811
i hope that you told your psychiatrist that you were taking st. john's worth since int interacts with a bunch of medications.
>>
>mfw I cant lift away the anxiety and depression

It usually helps. I had to skip today. I had to many painful interactions at work today. I saw a psychiatrist for the first time about a month ago and got some Atarax. Anyone have experience with it? It seems to even me out sometimes.
>>
>>37473391
> mental illness
Being raised by a TV with no male role model isnt a mental illness m8
>>
>>37473826
>It was so bad I didn't go clubbing for like a week

these fucking normies lmao
>>
>>37473826
this is LITERALLY dumber than something /pol/ would post
>>
>>37473391
Dude psychology is the ultimate woman's study bullshit, it means nothing and they have no idea what they are talking about half the time.
Happiness is subjective, and they are trying to objectively make you happy with medication.
The results are catastrophic as every human is completely different and if our chemical reactions are not precise it can cause horrible things to happen to the body.
>beyond the list of horrible side effects
there is a reason every mental health medication has depression as a side effect.

it doesn't work.
>>
>>37473391
what's wrong with your brain OP?
>>
>>37473391
Creatinine is not creatine. Creatine is a compound in your muscles that makes it faster for your muscles get energy. Creatinine is the product of creatine metabolism. It is basically crap that is left over after your muscles use up creatine. After that creatinine goes to your urine and you pee it out. So no, it will not up your gains. Even worse, the only two reasons I know for elevated creatinine levels is either poor kidney function (your kidneys can't move the creatinine from your blood to your urine fast enough) or degradation of muscles (when muscles break down, a lot of creatinine gets released into the blood). Source: Med Student.

>>37473826
Is this bait?

>>37473884
Sure, the whole public health system is a big scam. I bet you also wear a tin foil hat.
>>
>>37473826
>I used to be depressed (It was so bad I didn't go clubbing for like a week)

dude am i being baited
>>
>>37473974
>Cannot differentiate between psychology and psychiatry
>Thinks he can discredit the whole field of science with broad unfounded claims, even though he can't name the science correctly

kys
>>
>>37473826
I want to say how wrong you are, that the cure for depression is not
>grow some fucking balls

however..... My meds weren't working (for depression) and was still a crying fucking mess errrrday, all the fucking time. /fit/ gave me a great idea, every time I felt like crying, go run.

crying in the afternoon? Go run

crying at 3am? Go run

crying again at 8am? Go run again

So at my lowest, I was also the fittest. My lungs just couldn't stand running and crying at the same time. Being fit helped me a lot overcoming my depression.

so yeah, grow fucking balls
>>
>>37474093
Word of friendly advice, never post in a psychiatry/psychology thread seriously, you will get memed on
>>
>>37473826
>for like a week

I know this is bait but I've been constantly depressed since last halloween when my Dad found out I was fugging my 16yo stepsister (I'm 23) and tried to kill himself after I told him to fuck off with his "if you see her again I don't know you" bullshit. I've been getting better this past month since I the weather has improved and I've been going out driving and working on my cars and shit, but from that time until just after Christmas I was constantly trying to work up the balls to kill myself and had like 4 weeks off work unauthorised.

The struggle was real man, at one point I almost got myself over the line and was doing 135mph on the motorway looking for something solid to end my shit, but pussied out when I starting thinking of how fucked up my little sister would be if she found out her bro gave up on her and life in general. Depression is a fucking horrible beast, and what makes it worse is immature cunts like you who think a couple of days of comedown is enough to have an opinion on depression worth sharing.

You're partially right in saying going out and doing things will help but, broken clocks and all that.

>tfw I still haven't had a single day go by without my fucking stepsister invading my thoughts
>>
>>37474144
Some of us aren't living life on easy mode and actually have a job though, at which point the crying turns into restless sleeping and nightmares when we're not at work and severe antisocial tendencies when we are. Literally no energy to run in your spare time and complete inability to partake in any sort of escapism during work hours.
>>
>>37474335
Exactly,instead of wasting time crying go for a run. It will be a sleepless night anyway but at least you are not wasting it crying.
Mentioning you have a job is just another lame excuse as so many other people have jobs too.
>>
>>37473391

what were you diagnosed with?
>>
>>37474093
>the whole public health system is a big scam
Thing is, psychiatry and specially psychology are weak sciences. They are pretty much doctors who don't have real, hard facts to deal with, so their field is very, very subjective and up to debate.

The result is that even the best of the field are still shitters who have no idea of what they are doing.

Still, if a doctor is not going to bother to at least talk with you for a few longer sessions, then it's clear he doesn't want to actually treat you and just wants those nice $$$$ from the commissions. Which becomes specially important for psychiatry as no one is sure of anything to begin with, those extra sessions really help.
>>
>>37474431
Spoken like a true part timer

I work (work, not push paper or keyboards) 6:30 until 3 6 days a week and I'm fuckin knackered most days, there's no way I'd be able to work out like I do or even go for a run if I was still depressed, lethargic and deprived of sleep from waking up every 2 hours. Back then I would damn near collapse from exhaustion just doing my fucking job.
>>
>>37474497
>>37474431
I should add I'm not saying you're wrong, on my days off I would go out for a ride on the country lanes whenever my mood dropped and boy did it do the trick, but sometimes it is just not physically viable.
>>
>>37474298
Sounds hot. Wish I had your life man.
>>
>>37474298
>I was fugging my 16yo stepsister

how was it anon? I'm gonna need you to explain it to me with as much detail as you can, otherwise I can't diagnose you properly.
>>
>>37474633
>dubs

must be a real doctor
>>
>>37474497
Spoken like a true fatty.
>>
>>37473826
Yfw no clubbing for a week
>>
>>37473391
>taking medicinal Jew prescriptions

Just fuck my existence up, SENPAI.

Stay natty dude, trust me.
>>
>>37474633
Yeah it was wicked at the time and she has a crackin arse but not worth losing my old man over. Smashed her mate a few times too. Sorta cucked my stepsister when I took her mate upstairs and railed her in the room directly above, she was loud. I came back down to a forlorn looking 16yo who got even more forlorn when her mate followed on wobbly legs a minute later. I had a chuckle and told not to invite her mate to my house if she doesn't want that kind of shit to happen but she wasn't impressed and made her mate sit on the other couch for the rest of the night so she could lie accross me all jelly and protective.

But can we not it's bringing back too many memories.
>>
>>37473811
>poppin pills instead of doing actual behavioral therapy

Why is everything in the US so degenerate?
>>
>>37474298
You know what man, good for you. Don't let these other guys shit talk you or give into this LOLINCEST meme shit. I legit feel bad for you

To be honest as a nurse student, just take the medicine, if any serious issues arise, alert your doctors and or pharmacist. Side effects no matter how big or small, or even not related have to be publushed even if only one person felt them. Trust me, the possible help is worth the chance.

I hope no matter what you choose, it's not death. Wish we could stay in contact but yea. She's lucky to have a bro like you not end it all over feelings. Good for you man.

Hope this reaches you in time.
>>
>>37474740

you're an idiot, what if he has schizophrenia or bipolar disorder? medication for those mental illnesses actually helps a lot and it's probs worth the potential side effects.
>>
>>37473974
2 words in and you blew it.
>>
>>37474771
>no threesome

son, I am disappoint
>>
>>37474890
DUDE PSYCHOLOGY LMAO
>>
>>37473391
Most lbehind the counter meds, including psych meds have a ton of possible side effects. If you're really concerned tyen ask your doc if you'll need blood tests at any point. I need them on occasion because I'm on some mood stabilizers and antipsychotics but it's cool and I'm much better for it.
>>
>>37474093
nigga you're talking about a field who thought it was reasonable to sever people's frontal lobes (which is most of what makes human an actual person) to make them stop acting out. the entire public health system is not a scam, but psychiatry is as definitely at the shit end of the spectrum

Ever heard of the Rossehan experiment?

>The first part involved the use of healthy associates or "pseudopatients" (three women and five men, including Rosenhan himself) who briefly feigned auditory hallucinations in an attempt to gain admission to 12 different psychiatric hospitals in five different states in various locations in the United States. All were admitted and diagnosed with psychiatric disorders. After admission, the pseudopatients acted normally and told staff that they felt fine and had no longer experienced any additional hallucinations. All were forced to admit to having a mental illness and agree to take antipsychotic drugs as a condition of their release.

>The second part of his study involved an offended hospital administration challenging Rosenhan to send pseudopatients to its facility, whom its staff would then detect. Rosenhan agreed and in the following weeks out of 193 new patients the staff identified 41 as potential pseudopatients, with 19 of these receiving suspicion from at least one psychiatrist and one other staff member. In fact, Rosenhan had sent no one to the hospital.
>>
>>37473755
This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard....psychiatry isn't anything like sociology. Psychiatrists have 10+ years of education, they go to medical school. You don't think there's any actual science behind the medication they prescribe? Do you know anything about how medication works? Have you studied the brain and the chemical and electrical processes in it? They're not just throwing candy at you, jesus christ.

OP, drugs always have potential side effects but you yourself used the word "rare". You can go on the Internet and read hundreds of bad reviews, but that's only out of the millions who gave been prescribed. Plus people with bad shit to say about anything are always the ones who say something. They distort it.

Your doctor sounds like he could know what he's talking about if he's able to deduce a misdiagnosis.

And you haven't even said what you're diagnosed with. If he's giving you an anti psychotic then I highly doubt all you have is depression. Depression probably comes along with it sure. Lot of people with more serious disorders think they can go without the medication, and then they end up truly going off the deep end and/or killing themselves.

Stop being such a fuck and just TRY to listen to your doctor with a fucking PhD. You might be surprised at how much he can help.
>>
>>37473391
Hello OP. I'm sorry to hear that you're ill. It seems as though this is your first anti-psychotic. Anti-psychotic drugs are, in general, very safe even in massive overdose. They are, however, very powerful drugs. This means they are very effective at treating immediately threatening symptoms, such as hallucinations or manic/mixed states. On the other hand, you are likely to experience some significantly negative side effects. Drowsiness and sedation is almost universal, and is the most challenging to overcome. Gastrointestinal problems are also common with Latuda. Other side effects are either temporary or rare.

What is relevant in the long term, as well as to your gains, is that antipsychotics have significant effects on your metabolism. Weight gain, elevated cholesterol and blood sugar are common, and can become a problem over the long term. It is still your first prescription though, so it will most probably change dramatically in the coming months.

It's a new diagnosis as well. It is understandably scary, and you don't have to force yourself to come to terms with it immediately.

>>37474093
Med student is right. Elevated creatinine in this case is relevant as an indicator of poor kidney function. Your psychiatrist may test for this after 6 months of treatment. It is also common to test ALT/AST for liver function.

>>37473727
>>37473755
>>37473826
>>37473884
>>37473974
>>37474830
You are all, literally, retarded.

>>37474830
Lurasidone is only approved for schizophrenia and bipolar, so yes,
>>
Why would you ever ask 4chan about psychiatric issues? Did you think that people would make insightful and helpful posts to better guide you in your life?
>>
>>37474797
Cheers for the kind words famalam. I think I'm on a one track path back to notmality now but it's a bit of a challenge keeping my memories and thoughts dragging me down again.

>still have a glimmer of hope left that I can one day reuinite with her and we can go on road trips and to concerts and holidays again
>pipe dreams ;_;

You're a decent lad mate, nothin but love for ya
>>
>>37473391
Why don't you just pull your head out of your own ass? Way cheaper and positive side effects.
>>
>>37473687
>>37474947
Hello. I am on valproate, lamotrigine and seroquel

Seroquel weight gain wasn't too bad for me. At least it wasn't fucking Zyprexa, shit made kids gain 10kg in a week.

All you fucks don't realise that this is someone dealing with a serious mental illness, which you don't "make up" or "snap out of", and who needs and asks for help. What you little faggots want is to have your pussy "It's not real! It's not real!" "Dude, it's all a scam anyway!" convenient bullshit confirmed so you don't have to face the uncomfortable reality that people can, in actual fact, suffer from tangible mental illness. I know the concept of an illness without a visible cough is difficult for you cunts to wrap your heads around, but at least put in a bit of effort and try not to be so fucking selfish, at least for the sake of someone who's suffering.
>>
>>37473887
I haven't used it in years, I'm good.

>>37474093
Damn, I'd kinda hoped I might get some muscle growth as a side effect.

>>37475040
Wow, thanks man. I actually feel a lot less worried about taking these now. Will weight gain still be an issue if I track my intake or is the weight gain water retention?

And for that guy who was wondering, I have bipolar. Was misdiagnosed as major depressive disorder.
>>
>>37475130
I was diagnosed with depression and GAD abd got put on loads of pills. Stopped takin em one day an got pissed at the weekend instead. Got some clunge and snapped out of all my problems right then and there.
>>
>>37475164
Weight gain is mainly due to appetite, and to a lesser degree metabolic dysregulation. I'm afraid it won't be simple water retention. This is only really a side effect of Lithium; lithium salts are very taxing on the kidneys.

As far as I know, lurasidone isn't known for weight gain. For a /fit/izen, the appetite should definitely be manageable, although it might help if you want to bulk in the near future

If you're switching from MDD to BD, I'm guessing there was a bit of a manic/mixed "adventure" in the recent past. Hope it wasn't too much of a wreck.

Everyone has to face the APs at some point. It's a love-hate thing. Basically the sedation sucks... a lot. You'll know what I mean. You'll also sleep for days (maybe it's time to get bulking). You'll probably be a bit out of it during the day as well. But -- and it's a big, big but -- when shit is totally fucked, you don't know what to do, and it looks like it's all over for you and they're coming to take you away (they might actually take you away. It's not as bad as it sounds, really), anti-psychotics will literally fix anything that's going wrong in your head. You'll eventually find a decent treatment plan that doesn't require "heroic doses" of olanzapine, but if it comes to it... break glass in case of emergency and you'll probably make it out alive.

Once you're admitted to the ward with psychosis, you've reached bottom. Anti-psychotics saved my ass that day. To be honest, I might be the only one here qualified to tell you if they're actually a scam or not. They're not.
>>
The biggest problem with all of these anti-psychiatry threads is that they ignore therapy. As much as anti-anxiety meds have really helped me, they're nothing compared to evidence based psychotherapy, CBT and DBT. They taught me skills to be able to deal with my emotions, as much as meds have helped me overcome them. So: don't just take meds expecting a miracle. Go into some real therapy, learn some skills to deal with your depression. The meds help, sure, but they're only part of the treatment.

Remember, you're worth living for. I've rarely believed it, but whoever, whatever you are, you are worth it. Give yourself a chance.
>>
>>37475399
I've had very little appetite the past few weeks (one meal a day, or one every other day) so more appetite couldn't really hurt. I'm cutting right now but just starving myself isn't really what I had in mind.

>If you're switching from MDD to BD, I'm guessing there was a bit of a manic/mixed "adventure" in the recent past. Hope it wasn't too much of a wreck.

Actually no. The doc said specifically that I'm more of an in between of bipolar and depression, because I have too baby atypical symptoms to be just depressed, but I also don't have the excited mania episodes either. He just heard all my symptoms and history, as well as how ineffective treatment has been in the past, and said I lean towards bipolar.

That's reassuring to hear you speak so well of antipsychotics. I haven't had any "call the asylum" episodes, but my depression has been rapidly worsening the past few weeks to the point that I'm barely functioning and thinking about suicide every waking moment. I'd take the antipsychotics regardless if they got me out of this, but hearing somebody with some experience makes it less frightening.
>>
>>37475493
Thanks man. I've been in and out of therapy for fifteen years and I attribute the fact that I've been able to function so long with such a serious and untreated mental illness to the skills I learned from it. It never fixed my problems, but I'm actually working on supplementing the meds with therapy now to maximize the help.

Thanks man. I really appreciate it.
>>
>>37475536
I've been going through a tough time lately, a couple suicide attempts, and therapy has really helped pull me out of the pits. Skills are useful, as is really solid work on your deep seated issues. Keep working, I'm here for you bro.
>>
>>37475508
>one meal a day, or one every other day

EAT, SLEEP, ROUTINE. These are the three things you need to keep yourself mentally healthy. You need to do this meds or no meds. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Force yourself to eat. At least make your minimum calories. Try and sleep in some sort of day/night pattern.

>barely functioning
>thinking about suicide every waking moment
Please, please tell me that you told your psychiatrist all of this.

That's severe depression. Your medication adherence will have to be PERFECT. Same time, every day. Read the Prescribing Information ("PI", available online). Lurasidone MUST be taken with at least 350 calories (1500 kJ) of food.

If you experience any further deterioration in your mood, especially concrete plans or preparation for suicide, call your psychiatrist immediately. "It's an emergency". You need to prepare, practically as well as mentally, for the possibility that you will need to be admitted to hospital. Admit yourself if you have to.

I have seen people brought back from the dead in there.

>>37475493
You're right, you're right. My psychiatrist has been hounding me forever to go to some psychotherapy and CBT. They are indeed effective and part of a holistic treatment programme. This is especially important for anxiety-spectrum disorders, as you can't really take benzos for the rest of your life.
>>
>>37475743
I'm trying. Ate 500 kcal at lunch and still feel like vomiting six hours later. I'll force something in to take the meds, but I don't know if I can anywhere near my tdee of 3200. I'll shoot for 1500 cal right now though, maybe I can do three 500 cal meals. Sleep has been good, but too much. Sleeping ten to twelve hours a night, plus naps on the weekend when I just can't keep going.

>Please, please tell me that you told your psychiatrist all of this.

I mentioned that I was suicidal and barely functioning but not those exact words I used earlier.

I'll definitely use my psychiatrist/the hospital if I actually take steps to kill myself, thanks. I don't think I'm that bad yet, but with how badly I've been spiraling is a real possibility.
>>
>>37475508
I wouldn't be too frightened. I still call
quetiapine "Seroquel" even though there are generics out, which is unusual for me. But Seroquel was, and still is, tinged with that musky scent of my first clumsy, sticky attempts to handle something for which I couldn't not possibly be prepared at the time. The mixed terror and lust of having an excuse to be wildly out of your own control.

The manic part of me romanticises it just a little

>>37475813
1500 should be fine for the medication. Maybe your appetite will pick up. Hopefully you'll feel better soon and it won't be such a struggle. Hopefully life won't be such a struggle.

When's your next appointment?
>>
>>37474497
Lol nice excuse "waaah I work hard im tired why should I hit the gym, all these fit guys are just part timers"
>>
>>37474497
literally just a pile of excuses

keep crying then. stay dyel and miserable, you deserve it
>>
>>37474298
Lol your dads a bitch and a cuck he married a women with a child tht isnt hes and when you fuck it he threatens suicide pathetic you tried to kill yourself too and failed them genes run deep K E K
>>
>>37475961
Alright, I'll go into it with an open mind. I never had the manic episodes, but they seem to be quite something.

We'll I've been weirdly craving a Chinese buffet despite not wanting to eat anything so I'm going to head to one and see if I can't get some food in me. I'm hoping it won't be such a struggle soon too. Currently I dread living.

June 25th. The doc was a bro and offered to see me on a Saturday so I could come in sooner.
>>
>>37475015
Holy shit.
Literally my worst nightmare is to be mistaken mentally ill then stuck in a place like that and force fed psychotropics which would ironically make me crazy
>>
>>37473391
>Latuda
FUCK. THAT. SHIT. NOPE.
>>
>>37476101

half the cunts that are depressed don't do anything to improve their situation, i don't even bother giving advice to them anymore because they seem to have an excuse to get out of doing every single piece of advice i ever give them.
>>
>>37476263
Did you have a bad experience with it?
>>
>>37476296
Are you the guy that trolls/bitches every single depression thread?
>>
>>37474771

more please anon
>>
>>37473391
I took an antipsychotic for about three weeks and it did help with my obsessive thoughts but my dick didn't work the entire time from the very first dose and on top of that i lost my sex drive and now nine months later it still isn't back.
>>
Idk man, I lactated on Latuda, but I am a female with weird hormones so never know. I think antipsychs are overprescribed for the side effects. My mental health improved drastically when I completely ditched psych and started exercising more but do you. I know abilify made me jittery and lethargic which was hard to stay healthy with.
>>
>>37476253
don't piss off anyone powerful. It's the perfect way to make someone go away forever and basically torture them forever. Think anyone will believe you if you say "I'm not crazy, I just know a secret about the Vice President so he had me locked away!'? Just reinforces their beliefs about you. No parole, no time limit like prison, no appeal, forced drugs, live with all crazy people and everyone around you convinced you're crazy. It's real fucked up. And I bet pretty good money this has been done to more than one perfectly sane person before as a punishment or containment method (or both)
>>
>>37477280
Glad to hear from someone who's been through it. Thank you.
>>
>>37477219
What antipsychotic did you take that killed your dick?
>>
>>37475130
Exactly. These mofos seem to believe in the " germ theory of disease" but not the "brain has chemicals in it theory of mental illness"

And I've had experience with 2/3 of those one of which I'm still on and its helped me a great deal. Glad to hear that the stuff works forks for you.
>>
Will benzos ruin my gains?
>>
>>37477871
I took Risperidone I'd read a lot of bad things but the obsessive thoughts were so bad i needed something to help. The fear of getting a movement disorder was too much do i stopped
>>37479206 i take benzos maybe twice a week and sometimes they are the only reason i can lift
>>
>>37473826

you're an idiot
>>
>>37473391

elevated serum creatinine is associated with rhabdomyolysis.
>>
>>37473478
>When I was on the harder asthma medication it gave me side effects such as fat storage moving to f

Dude, you were built for clen.
It's ashtma medicine for horses.
>>
>>37479206
just don't get hooked mate

only take em when you really need em
>>
>>37479817

this

benzos aren't intended as a running medication to keep your anxiety down over periods of time, it's meant to temporarily unfuck your shit when you're doing very very badly and can't get on without it
>>
>>37479817

Too late. About 14 years now and I take them every time I need to go to bed. RIP being /fit/
>>
>>37474782
people always want a magic pill instead of putting in the hard work
>>
>>37475130
No one with a brain will say you can snap out of a mental illness, but anyone with a decent brain will tell you meds don't work.

Psychiatry has no tests, no diagnostic tools for determining why you are experiencing your problems. BUT, they continue to ramble about the 'theory of imbalances' which may be perfectly true, but it isn't proven.

Also, the pharm industry doesn't research new meds. They change the structure of the ones they know, go through the same trials with the same weak results (barely better than placebo), and sell it to people too dumb to realize.

These meds also fuck up your hormonal system, cause gyno, fuck up your liver and brain (antipsychotics shorten your lifespan with 20 years) so why the fuck people take them is beyond me.

To tackle a mental illness you have to work for it, everyday. But people are lazy and continue to believe their own lies.
>>
>>37479871
Look at benzos: in the 80's psychiatry said it was a 'miracle drug' and 'wasnt addictive'.

Turns out kicking heroin was easier, lol.
>>
>>37477104
No, he's right.

The people telling you to man up are mostly people that went through the same shit as you, but they realized they could only do one thing (even in the worst situations): be a fucking man.

Once you realize this, youll be set for life
>>
>>37479945
As long as you don't go crazy with them then you won't get addicted to them. I take half of a 5mg Valium when i feel like i need it which is maybe twice a week and I've been on them for about six months and can go weeks without taking anything as long as the thoughts don't get to bad.
>>
>>37473391
> All these numales believing that """Depression""" is actually a real thing
>>
>>37480051
depression doesn't /doesn't/ real, my friend. it's just not this big spooky thing that only a """doctor""" can help you with by giving you a special potion
>>
>>37480051

either trolling or /pol/-tard, either way you're human trash desu
>>
Psychiatry isn't a science at all. 10 different psychiatrists will diagnose 10 different things and give you 10 different meds. Never take anything they give you.

Research your condition, find out what works for people, go to a new psychiatrist, and say that is what your old psychiatrist prescribed and it worked.
>>
>>37480223
you were going so well until you reached that incorrect conclusion. research your condition and then heal yourself through diet, and physical and mental exercise. not go to the charlatans you already know are full of shit
>>
>>37473826
>I used to be depressed (It was so bad I didn't go clubbing for like a week)
Haaahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>37475015
>you're talking about a field who thought it was reasonable to sever people's frontal lobes (which is most of what makes human an actual person) to make them stop acting out

They stopped doing that once they figured that shit out
It's almost as if it progresses the more new information they have... Like a science or something
>>
>>37475049
Half of the userbase has psychiatric issues so maybe they're looking from insider's knowledge
>>
>>37479764
Looks like I'm never taking Risperidone. Sorry you had to take that man.
>>
>>37479957
Nice samefag defense. If you're bad enough to need antipsychotics then you're not muscling through anything, it's just not possible.
>>
>>37473974
T. Retard
>>
>>37476125
stay mad bitchmade nigga
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.