[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get job in alaska >no gym within 20km >no fitness stores
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: latest[1].jpg (6 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
6 KB, 200x194
>get job in alaska
>no gym within 20km
>no fitness stores at all
>have the choice of either paying an extra $250 just to fucking ship a decent rack or buy chinese garbage thats going to kill me on fitnessavenue
how the FUCK do people manage it in rural shitholes like this
>>
you got job in Alaska, either its a good pay&benefits and you can afford a squatrack or you dun goofed
>>
>>37473250
Pretty much this. If you goofed leave Alaska asap.
>>
>>37473250
this

do you want gains or not op
>>
Why not rent a UHaul pickup and buy a decent rack in one of the major coastal cities?
>>
AKbro here. Alaska club is a rip off. There's some cheap local gyms in anchorage. If you're in Fairbanks or elsewhere idk what to tell you.

Do push-ups and buy a pull-up bar.
>>
>manage in rural

By getting a home gym.

I don't see why you people have such a hard time figuring this out. A home gym is literally a power rack, adjustable bench, plates and some accessory equipment.

It's not expensive if you actually work, hell I bought my gym when I was on NEETbux and i bought a rogue rack and bumpers which is all expensive shit compared to buying some generic rack and generic plates.

The only issue I could see there ever being with a home gym is space.
>>
A home gym is not expensive
Unless your job in alaska is at mcdonalds or some shit.faM
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (33 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
33 KB, 396x385
I know your pain OP, I had a bizzare deployment in Gibraltar as an archaeologists assistant digging up some world war 2 crap for a year, not a single gym in the fucking country and literally impossible to import a package larger than a suitcase, the only heavy lifting i managed to do was hucking tractor tires around a field.
>>
>>37473291
>>37473335
with shipping here and shipping it back when i leave or selling it when i leave plus retarded canadian import tariffs even if im buying from america, i'm paying at the fucking minimum twice as much as it would cost in a first world state for a rack and plates.
and yeah obviously i'm making the kind of money where i can afford it, but with stupid expenses like that it kind of defeats the purpose of going to a hellhole to make lots of money in the first place.
>>37473277
im in haines
kill me
>>
>>37473465
>but with stupid expenses like that it kind of defeats the purpose of going to a hellhole
The numbers sound nice until you start doing the math. I have friends always asking me to relocate for work in San Francisco and I won't do it unless they offer me $250k minimum. I'd easily make $140k+ there with my current skill set and result, but it's not worth it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.