[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rane of Motion Deadlift Program
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: dl.jpg (76 KB, 500x640) Image search: [Google]
dl.jpg
76 KB, 500x640
What are your thoughts on this program? I bought it from an online coach who is pretty reputable and well known. Could this work for naturals?

1. 3" range of motion rack pulls: 100lbs over your current conservative max
deadlift x 1 set to failure
Progression: Start off with a 3" range of motion and lower the pins 2" every
workout. Use straps and pause on the pins between reps. Once you
can only manage 1 rep on rack pulls with 100lbs over your max you can
drop the weight by 50lbs and maintain weight until you can only manage to
do 3 reps with that weight before dropping an additional 50lbs.
NOTE: You may need to stand on something every other
workout if you cant make small adjustments to your power
rack height.
2. Deadlift stance box squat: 1 set of 15 reps to failure adding xxx* (refer to the
bottom of the program for suggested weight jumps) per workout as long as you
can hit at least 5-6 reps
3. 1" deficit deadlift: 1 set of 15 reps to failure adding xxx** per workout (pause
your reps on the floor)
Progression instructions:
1: Once you hit 10 reps then remove the deadlift stance box squats and
continue to add xxx** per workout until you fail to hit at least 8 reps.
2: When you are down to 8 reps take away the deficit and continue to add
xxx** per workout until you can only manage 6 reps.
3: Once you are down to 6 reps then you will skip doing the rack pulls first
in the workout and deadlift first in the workout. Continue to add xxx** per
workout until you are down to a 3 rep max from the floor.
4: Once you are down to a 3 rep max take 1 full week off after your last
workout and max out.
4. Overhand barbell yates rows: 1 set of 15-20 reps to failure, add 10lbs per
workout until you can no longer hit at least 6 reps.

There is more but I don't want to give it all out. Mostly just added posterior chain, abs, and upper back volume work.
>>
It should say range of motion btw.
>>
>>37456152

The PROM program from leeman is OK. the volume was too much for me to handle in combination with normal lifting (training takes around 3.5-4 hours)
>>
>>37456152
Magnusson-Ortmayer is a very good dl programme put together by Benni Magnusson (PL deadlift record holder) and Travis Ortmayer (one of the best stone lifters around, multiple times WSM competitor)
>>
>>37456167
I am thinking of running it, but everyone who I have ever seen run it ends up quitting by like week 5. I think it is a good method but I am not sure how it would work for naturals seeing as what I listed is roughly half the program. And that's just one day. It isn't so much a matter of not being able to do the work, but a matter of recovering for it. Unless you only train one day a week, I don't see how anyone could make progress with that high of volume. But maybe I am wrong. Btw I am a 500x2 deadlifter, and am wondering if this could really get me up to 600 in a matter of months like he says
>>
>>37456202

I ran it on monday, did light push on tuesday, wednesday off, thursday SQ and friday heavy push. i made impressive rack pull PR's but did not get normal prs. (i deadlifted 465 at the time)
>>
>>37456202
you could probably do it natty, but you'd need a hell of a work capacity and to be dreamer bulking. It seems like the deadlift version of Smolov
>>
>>37456233
Did your back get bigger? What about your deadlift? Or was your rack pull all that went up?
>>
>>37456248
haven't really noticed changes to be honest, the period is too short. my rack pull and rows went up. squat and deadlift didnt change
>>
>>37456238

From experience i can say it feels like smolov put together on 1 day.

you do 17/18 excercises if i recall, after you did your deadlifts and squats you already get tired.
>>
>>37456152
>>37456202

Also not kidding, bring easy to digest food with you, i ate halfway through (when i was doing the dumbell rows)
>>
will rack pulls bend a texas deadlift bar assuming I use 600-650lbs and dont slam the bar on the rack like some kind of autistic cunt? Just wondering. Because if it will bend it, I will just use a shitty gym bar.
>>
>>37456358

Use a shitty bar, i did not slam and bent a "700kg" bar
>>
also, I know he says rack pulls, but would block pulls be more effective assuming you have the equipment? Because I know that rack pulls tend to feel different from a deadlift whereas block pulls are a lot more similar
>>
>>37456406

i doubt it will impact it much, but blocks always feel better. just keep in mind to start really high.
>>
>>37456432
thanks
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.