[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ankle injury >doctor tells me no squats until RoM is fully
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
>ankle injury
>doctor tells me no squats until RoM is fully restored
>up to two months
>two. months.
>open to alternative ideas so I don't lose my gains

Any ideas, I was thinking leg press + leg curl maybe?
>>
Leg press would mess with your ankle too i'd think. Best bet is to look up what people did with a similar injury. I'd think leg curls + leg extension is your upper leg, i dunno about calves
>>
>>37455179

get creative with cables. You know all those meme exercises you see those instagram girls doing with cables? They are actually pretty good if you use a decent amount of weight and do them like you would cables flies. By that I mean get a really really deep full and slow stretch to tear the muscle.

I injured my back a few years back and haven't squatted or deadlifted since then. My legs are the bigger and more developed than they ever have been. Although I incorporate leg press, for awhile I did a lot of cable work, kick backs, glute ham raise, and wall L sits.

Don't listen to people that tell you about "muh functional strength" either. After doing this for about 2 years, I felt like my back was feeling better for a few months ago I tried deadlifting again. By the second workout I outdid my old PR by 30 pounds back when I was really pushing hard to progress. So I incorporated squats again, same shit. My third workout I was doing sets of 10 with 225 and I literally felt NO strain on my legs, like it was baby weight. The problem was that I felt nervous about my back and it felt "off". I decided it was pointless to risk it and went back to my safe routine.

point is, ego lifting is retarded and while squats and deadlifts are great exercises it isn't the only way to develop your strength.

And to anyone who's going to shit talk my form for fucking up my back, I have scoliosis and it was compounded by getting abused in the military
>>
>>37455551
This, my back got ducked up from the military and I hardly do deadlifts or squats anymore on the off chance that something REALLY fucks up
>>
>>37455551
OP Here. Holy shit, thanks man. After reading about Dorian Yates cutting out squats years before he won his Mr. Olympia's already had me ready to hang them up. Whats your normal leg cable routine, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, don't street skate when you're young, kids. You destroy your ankles and knees, and they're prone to injuries later. Stick to bowl and vert.
>>
>>37455179
lunges
>>
>>37455179
I fucked up my quad meaning I can't even do leg extensions/squats/leg press etc. even the bar rising up along it on deadlifts was agony.

I just said fuck it, now I train 4x a week, chest/tris followed by back/bis repeating twice a week. Feel like a curl bro but fuck it, what're you gonna do. Another month and I'll be all healed up doc says. On the plus side I'm looking a lot more aesthetic with these shoulder gains.

Godspeed friend
>>
>>37455688
>tfw hurt my knee and golfers elbow on my left arm

I look like a one armed curl bro with big calves
JUST fuck up my life
>>
>>37455727
If it makes you feel better, all this benching has fucked up my shoulder bro now I'm getting close to being unable to do half my workouts. Soon I shall be a lat monster only
>>
>>37455179
What was your injury? I hurt my ankle two days ago and not being able to walk normally is driving me crazy.
>>
>>37455551

225 pounds is baby weight.
>>
>>37455770
I already had a good bit of ankle/knee injuries, but my foot went into a hole in a friends frontyard the rest of my body kept moving. To the ground. Got insanely bad inflamed and swollen.
>>
File: gffdsafsa.jpg (56 KB, 638x850) Image search: [Google]
gffdsafsa.jpg
56 KB, 638x850
>>37455624

you're going to have to play around with the movements and look like a retard for a bit. It's a little hard to explain but i'll try..

for quad I put the ankle/calve strap on and face away from the machine, keep a very slight bend in the knee and move my leg forward and really focus on the quad engaging

for hamstring/glute I put the strap on, lay down with my head close to the machine and keep my leg mostly straight, while slowly bringing it to the floor. This gets really intense once you get the hang of it, my leg literally trembles and shakes by the end of the set. This also corrected a huge imbalance that most lifters have of underdeveloped hamstrings, because I have very small hips and narrow stance my glutes/lower back did more work during deadlifts. I also foolishly fell for the high bar squat meme for too long.

Really depends how I felt after those, I usually throw in some extensions and glute ham raises for good measure. It's also very important to do proper core work if you aren't deadlift/squatting and lower back. Personally I prefer those crunch machines if your gym has them on leg day, and on chest day I do very very deep and heavy pull overs helps your core as a secondary muscle group.

Also, if you want to really be sure your legs are toasted after your workout do wall a few sets of wall sits until it feels like your legs are jello. If you can manage leg press with your ankle, lifting heavy doesn't seem to help me too much. Doing 2-3 second pause holds, and sometimes even 10 second holds really helped me.
i'm probably gona get roasted no matter what since this is /fit/, but so you know i'm not completely bullshitting you this is me when I was 10 pounds lighter last year (with a chest pump/cold legs). Can't be asked to take a new picture, but still this is about 6 months after a bad back injury to give you some reference. I'm happy with it though, because I prefer the classical proportions of arnolds days.
>>
>>37455806

why are you repeating me? but still, I bow down to you as I, a mere mortal, will never compare to the freakbeast of the anonymous internet poster. I have no doubt of your 2,000 pound total, and shredded 280 pound full natty physique. I know you look at us manlets in disgust from your towering 7 foot stature. One day I hope to offer you 72 virgins as tribute to your sheer superiority to myself. Please have mercy on us genetic failures.
>>
Leg curl and extension machines are probably your best bet. Don't try to cheat your recovery. It'll just make the wait longer when you fuck up even harder.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.