[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will fasting destroy my gains? As far as I understand, it doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 18
File: Ramadan-Mubarak-1024x775.jpg (77 KB, 1024x775) Image search: [Google]
Ramadan-Mubarak-1024x775.jpg
77 KB, 1024x775
Will fasting destroy my gains?
As far as I understand, it doesn't matter, as long as i eat enough proteins/calories during night, but I am a bit worried about how not drinking water during daylight will affect me.
>>
No water? It's the most important part of fasting. It helps you feel better than shit during periods of no food
>>
>>37455062
you're basically doing IF. You definitely won't lose any strength, but your workouts will feel a little bit wonky if you don't eat beforehand.
>>
>>37455062

Allah (swt) will compensate whatever physical gains you lose with 100x the spiritual gains. Jazakallah khair
>>
>>37455095

this, intermittent fasting is fine as long as you eat enough.

meal timing is a myth.
>>
>>37455095
>>37455105
Meal timing is not an issue. Not drinking any water is.
>>
>>37455062
>>37455098
Why are you worried about your gains when that vest of yours is going to blow you to bits anyways, Ahmed?
>>
Daily reminder that Muhammed was a literal fucking pedophile and a terrorist
>>
>>37455062
>>37455238
>>
>>37455279
Your comment will deleted by pro Muslim cuck mods ;_;
>>
>>37455286
I don't care this place is a shithole anyways
>>
>>37455286
Well this is a Christian image board so ..
>>
>>37455252

well that's just stupid isn't it.
>>
apostasy or end yourself
>>
>>37455270
>>37455279
>>37455286

Daily reminder that all bigotry and intolerance has no place on /fit/, a board to discuss fitness. Your views are welcome on >>>/pol/
>>
>>37455314
funny how in islam (the religion of piece), apostasy *is* ending yourself.
>>
>>37455329
>critique a religion that openly celebrates pedophilia, terrorism, tyranny, oppression and ignorance
>bigotry

pick.fucking.one.
>>
>>37455352
He told you to fuck off to /pol/ senpai
>>
>>37455062
It'll have a negative impact on your performance for sure.Which of course will have an impact on your gains if you do it for too long (like a month in your case).Most Muslim athletes try not to compete in Ramadan and some time after Ramadan if they are fasting.
>>
>>37455370
I don't even browse /pol/ but you are walking around blindfolded with your hands over your ears if you don't see islam for the cancer that it is.
>>
>>37455062
>mudslimes start invading /fit/
Could all people just shut the fuck up about religion? Mudslimes, Poo in loos, cuckristians or kikes. Just fuck off, this board is about fitness and sodomy. You have no place here.
>>
>>37455329

Kill yourself faggot

I'm lifting for the race war
>>
I heard that Jesus is considered a prophet in Islam. Can someone explain to me why Muslims get upset when people draw Muhammad, but not Jesus?
>>
>>37455062
It will.
Like it or not, you won't be able to eat as much as you would have had you had the full 24 hours. But it is worth it, it helps discipline. And Akhira gains are more important than Dunya gains my good friend.

Sources:
Fellow Muslim, Ramadan Kareem brother <3
>>
>>37455396
Because that is universal haram. As Muslims, we understand that not everybody in the world is Muslim too BUT they must abide by some of our rules, not insulting Muhamad (peace and blessings be upon him) is one of those rules. So in those cases the rule was broken
>>
I'm planning on going to the gym like an hour before they close so I can eat pretty soon after I workout.
>>
>>37455409
>As Muslims, we understand that not everybody in the world is Muslim too BUT they must abide by some of our rules or else we'll kill them as instructed in the Quran
fixed that for you hombre
>>
>>37455409
That's fucking bullshit, though and you're a thin skinned faggot if you can't bare some infidels insulting your prophet. If he's oh so high and mighty and Allah is on his side, why won't the punish me for saying Mohammed is a sheep fucking pedo? Here I drew him for you:
O
/|\
/\
It's officially a Mohammed carricature, because I drew it in an attempt to mimic his dyel physique.
>>
Muslims will never make it lol

worst religion (more like crazy death cult) of all time

>inb4 numales claim that critisizing a religion makes me a racist

GO WESTERN WORLD! GO USA!
>>
>>37455487
>insulting a religion makes you racist
This is the one of the more retarded attempts at being PC. If you hate someone for being a bigot because their religion dictates it, how does that make me a bigot? It's like being called a racist for saying "I hate homophobes".
>>
>>37455487
>religion
Ideology or form of governance is more appropriate. Islam is so much more than religion. To say that it isn't is the same as saying that communism is purely an economic model.

And that's one of the reasons why it is absolutely fine to criticise, ridicule and in general subject islam to the same level of scrutiny as any other ideology or form of governance.
>>
Does anyone here else dehumanize Muslims? Not even really on purpose, they just do so much crazy shit that my mind subconciously thinks "huh...I share a species with those "people"? nah son".

Not even racist because Ex-Muslims are some of the coolest people around. It's strictly followers of that evil religion.
>>
I'm a Muslim but I don't really mind any of those racist cartoons or anything. Free speech is a good thing and every religion gets made fun of.
No one should have a problem with people like me right?
>>
>>37455548
As individuals, Muslims are nice people
As a collective, they are contemptible.
>>
>>37455568
I have a problem with people like you because your religion is Anti-Western, Anti-Progress, Anti-Freedom, Anti-American, Anti-Semitic...

also insulting Islam is not racism you absolute fucking moron.
>>
File: 1425080848873.jpg (258 KB, 850x1220) Image search: [Google]
1425080848873.jpg
258 KB, 850x1220
>>37455548
I'll never make the mistake of dehumanizing individuals, but I'm a complete religious chauvanist: Islam is the worst piece of shit religion there is and its followers are victims of a delusion far greater than what can be speculated of followers of other religions.

And violence might have come from Christians, but it was in spite of Jesus' teachings. Violence is an intrinsic element of Islam and one is that is repeatedly, vehemently encouraged against other religious followers, even Abrahamic followers.

Fuck Islam. It's a religion that has no place in the world and, in truth, never has.
>>
>>37455383
This. A religion that includes something as sinister as 'jihad' should not be practiced. Today's liberalism is fucking the world up.
>tfw you'll never live in glorious England pre-war era
>tfw you'll never experience Australia while they had the White Australia Policy
I'm voting for the AFP this year. The small liberal voice in me is ashamed, but multiculturalism doesn't work.
>>
>>37455617
> And violence might have come from Christians, but it was in spite of Jesus' teachings. Violence is an intrinsic element of Islam and one is that is repeatedly, vehemently encouraged against other religious followers, even Abrahamic followers.

never knew self defense was a bad thing eh
>>
>>37455548

Ex Muslim here... It kind of pisses me off when people talk shit about Muslims since my family is still Muslim and they are perfectly nice people. Certainly much better people than I am. All the rape, pedophilia, terrorist shit represents maybe like .001% of Muslims in the US. When I used to go to the Masjid I hadn't met a single person who was into that shit, at least not openly. People really just followed the stereotypical religious beliefs (asking for forgiveness, no alcohol, praying, etc.) rather than the really extreme stuff like rape, pedophilia, honor killing, etc.

Maybe I just have a skewed perspective growing up a relatively affluent American community and interacting only with those Muslims, but I really don't understand everyone's hatred toward Muslims. I mean, at least focus on bigger problems to society like niggers...
>>
>>37455613
Why would you have a problem with something I believe that I'm not forcing down your throat?
Look up differences between Shia and Sunni. The fundamentalists are almost all Sunnis.

Also, are you just retarded or do you not have any reading comprehension. I never said anything about racism you mong.
>>
>>37455613
Anti-Western and Anti-American are because of USA not minding their own business and shitting up the middle east

Anti-Semitic ? Top kek, coming from a board that hates on Jews, that's rich

Anti-Freedom ? Aren't you people who like to call trans or shit like that as degenerates and what not ?

Anti-Progress ? tip top kek, go read your history books for once

I have no problem for you hating Islam, but at least just say you hate it like that instead of making up fake reasons
>>
File: 1455058478887.jpg (19 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1455058478887.jpg
19 KB, 640x640
>>37455633
>ex Muslim
>>
>>37455651

Yeah. I don't fuck with fairytale shit and don't have the self control to drop alcohol and pork.
>>
>>37455636
not the guy you're talking to but you said "racist cartoons". It's not racist.

>>37455633
between 25 and 50% of *young* muslims in europe and the US have favourable views towards sharia law. That is a problem.
>>
>>37455647
>anti-progressive
You just need to look at the middle-east, syria, iraq. Haha fuck it's so clear that Islam is backwards.
Just look at how progressive Jewish Iran is compared to their muslim neighbours
It's fucking so clear that Islam is a fucked up religion.
>>
>>37455618
>This. A religion that includes something as sinister as 'jihad' should not be practiced. Today's liberalism is fucking the world up

And yet when my liberal athiest friends and I say this, you still go "FUCKING STUPID LIBERULS, TAKING GOD AWAY FROM THE WORLD"
>>
>>37455658

What about just in the US? Europe a shithole and their Muslims are straight up middle eastern immigrants. It is not a surprise that they have the Muslims that support rape, pedophilia, honor killing, etc.
>>
>>37455568
Nah, I mind you. There's plenty of horrible shit in the bible that people in western society do not live by today. The only thing I ask of muslims is to ignore the bashit crazy stuff from the quoran.
>>
File: 7XubtJx.jpg (66 KB, 627x663) Image search: [Google]
7XubtJx.jpg
66 KB, 627x663
>>37455633

Sand people are the worst kind of people

Get rid of the mentality, leave sand behind and become human
>>
>>37455626
Fuck off, Islam encourages violence against non-believers, which is dumb.
>>
File: arian race.jpg (249 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
arian race.jpg
249 KB, 480x480
>>37455062
Donal Trump will destroy your gains you feisty little whore.
>>
>>37455678
In the U.S. it's 25%. In europe it's worse of course, topping out at 50% in france.
>>
>>37455664
So basically, when the Islamic civilization was at its zenith, they were still anti-progress ? While Europeans were living like rats ?

This is simply a matter of history repeating itself, has nothing to do with religion itself

Arabs were nothing more than a bunch of thieves and merchants before Islam

Islam came, they started their own civilization and were much more progressive compared to any civilization during their time

I would agree with you if muslims never experienced progress once in their history, but we all know that's not the case
>>
>>37455697

What the fuck? I guess if that's really the case, then I retract my statements and Muslims are all scum. But I highly doubt that is an accurate figure.
>>
>>37455675
I wasn't very clear. I meant that liberals (left-wing) are for multiculturalism and being tolerant of all religions, even if they have violent undertones.
>>
>>37455655
Fairytale shit i understand, but booze and pork should be easy considering you're on /fit/
>>
>>37455693
All of those verses are in response to Arabs tribe back then harassing the prophet, ordering him to self defend

The most violent verses happened when Muhamad was in a dangerous situation where he had no choice but to counter attack too

And in terms of violence, the Bible and Torah are ten times worse than the Quran, yet nobody is accusing them of being violent
>>
>>37455698

If islam is so progressive why did the progress stop?

The west ran circles around them once we caught up, but they just stopped
>>
>>37455698
not the guy you're talking to but where islam (and any religion for that matter) was 1100 years ago is absolutely fucking irrelevant. "Hurr sure muslims in the east are basically blowing themselves to shit and muslims in the west are massive welfare queens BUT 1000 years ago they figured out some math shit so take that"

Totally irrelevant.
>>
>>37455703
It's from Pew research, which is non-partisan.
>>
>>37455715
>And in terms of violence, the Bible and Torah are ten times worse than the Quran, yet nobody is accusing them of being violent
The difference is that for christians the violence STAYS in the books and aren't practiced.

Try a real argument next time.
>>
>>37455691
Are these opinions actually inclusive the lower they go? If true, that would mean 500 mio. muslims have pretty tame views.
>>
>>37455711

Gotta indulge in the liquid jew for the social gains every now and then

>>37455738

Well bend me over and slap my exposed nutsack, I guess most Muslims really are human trash
>>
>>37455751
Yep. 584 million muslims would have you killed for leaving islam. Religion of peace though brah violent minority brah feel the bern
>>
>>37455726
That has nothing to do with Islam itself, there are highs and lows in history, some civilizations flourish and prosper while others become shit or disappear

The thing in the Middle East is that the Western interference, especially destroying the Ottoman empire and Sykes Picot agreement created seeds of trouble there

US had its fair share of blame by supporting regimes and destroying depending on its strategic goals (supporting Sadam, and then killing him)

Also the current regimes there are despotic and corrupted as fuck

The middle east is a shit place not because of religion itself, but because of multitude of factors that include the weakness of arabs themselves and how conceited they became + western interference to some extent

Basically it's such a mess that I doubt it can be solved anytime soon
>>
>>37455751
are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>37455772

This. Economic turmoil allowed authoritarian governments to rise to power.
>>
>>37455772

But muslim civilization hasn't flourished for like 1000 years

There are reasons for that

hint: it's muslims

>>37455751

Uh.. not sure what you mean

Someone who believes in death for leaving islam also believes in the other things
>>
>>37455062
Yes, it will.
>>
>>37455748
Again, when you read a verse you need to also know the context in which it was said

Your average muslim doesn't know about that, so when he hears kill infidels he'll do that literally

The Quran and Islam also say to not kill elderly, children, treat prisoners of war well, do not cut trees and what not during war... Do ISIS do that ?

Your average muslim is ignorant as fuck, due to feelings of injustice from oppressive regimes and feeling of being powerless, they end up being easy prey for extremists and fucktards like that
>>
>>37455698
In the 20th century the west and some parts of the east (japan, china, russia) saw the most accelerated progress and growth (economical, finacial, social) relative to any other time in human history. In other words, non-muslim states experienced greater progress compared to those that are muslim. If any time in our past demonstrates which civilisation is the most advanced/progressive, it is the 20th century. Islamic countries TODAY are as backwards as they were in the 1500s. Sure their economies have improved, but social progress is non-existant. Women are still treated like shit and people are still getting beheaded over in muslim countries.

Islam is backwards as fuck and the evidence is there.
>>
File: 1463506790938.gif (284 KB, 108x147) Image search: [Google]
1463506790938.gif
284 KB, 108x147
>>37455715
>stone bitches
>lashes for sluts
>Die if you leave
>Main prophet literal pedophile
>Verses of violence aren't specific to the tribes in the quran but are blanket statements.
>Kill gays
Then they actually go and do it all
>inb4 the "its all metaphor for how much Allah hates the practice" meme
>>
Honestly if there one is thing I hate about Muslims it is that they are anti-semitic. Israel is the crux of human society and the place for almost all scientific, economic, and philosophical advancement. Israel will no doubt be a superpower within the century. Mark my words.
>>
>>37455797
>Someone who believes in death for leaving islam also believes in the other things
Pretty sure thats what he meant
>>
>>37455383
>>37455618
This. Fuck islam.
>>
>>37455800
I know what you're saying and I know that this is in fact the case, the the Quran is more nuanced than most people believe, but the bottom line is that it doesn't really matter what something *is*, it's what people *believe* that it is. So if the majority of muslims are ignorant and believes that infidels should be killed... then that's what islam becomes.
>>
>>37455797
That's absolutely wrong, Ottoman empire alone was from 1299 to 1923, with its decline starting in 18th century, and that's just the Ottoman empire

The Ummayad Caliphate was so prosperous, that at some point poverty did not exist anymore and were feeding animals and what not because they had so much food and money available

The Abbaside Caliphate was stronger and more advanced than any European nation at that time

These three dynasties span for more than 1000 years
>>
>>37455823

This... The future of the world lies in Israel. We have ushered in a new era in which Jews are not persecuted because people are afraid of knowledge and advancement. Not only will Israel's progress accelerate in the next century, but so will the progress of all of humankind.
>>
>>37455771
>>37455782
>1.62 bio. muslims alltogether
>1.1 bio. have batshits crazy ideas about how sharia should rule, you should be killed for adultery and should be killed for leaving islam.
>0.52 bio. believe the wife should always obey the husband or have non-mentionable crazy traits
That's why I asked if those things are actually incluse because that means no one among the 520 million out side of the category "sharia should rule" have any bashit insane opinions about how others should live their lives.
>>
>>37455823
>>37455842

These anons know what's up. If there's one thing Jewish people can take pride in, it's how advanced their culture and society is.
>>
>>37455797
refer to >>37455854
>>
>>37455837
I totally agree with you on this point

>>37455813
I would say the Islamic/Arab countries today are worse than before Islam

Did you know that during the Ummayad Caliphate for example, there was no trace of poverty anymore ?

When you study history and especially that period, muslims enjoyed such levels of progress and prosperity that most of them do not enjoy currently, that's how bad the situation is right now
>>
File: sandpeople.png (413 KB, 1134x943) Image search: [Google]
sandpeople.png
413 KB, 1134x943
>>37455062
Don't forget to be nice to all Muslims, pointing out facts and statistics is racist.
>>
Is anyone else constantly amazed by what Israel seems to pull off? I mean, holy shit, they probably have the most advanced society in all of mankind. Anyone ever been to Israel before? It's fucking crazy, man.
>>
File: 1463507426519.jpg (78 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1463507426519.jpg
78 KB, 640x640
>>37455813
I can't tell if you're baiting or not but in the late 19th cent and early 20th cent middle eastern countries were avg and not complete shitholes. The rise of insanely fundamentalist Islam was the reason for those massive declines, among otehr things like coups, proxy wars n shit. Islam is as shit as every religion when applied fundamentally.

>>37455823
>>37455842
>>37455856
>shilling this hard
>>
>>37455887

Shilling? What do you mean? It might seem like shilling if you haven't been to Israel, the cradle of mankind, before.
>>
>>37455827

Okay

>>37455854

No, that means about 230 million muslims have tame views, wife should obey man would include definitely have batshit opinions of how others should live their lives.. ie their views

>>37455839

Okay, I was wrong

but, is there any other part of the world that declined so harshly as the ME? Pretty sure most nations have been improving ever since then
>>
>>37455887
I do think that regardless of western intervention, the middle east would be to some extent a shitty place

But the western intervention and proxy wars made it ten times worse
>>
>>37455901
>No, that means about 230 million muslims have tame views, wife should obey man would include definitely have batshit opinions of how others should live their lives.. ie their views
I dunno. Despite all the feminism in the western world and what the TV tries to tell you about modern women. Them listening to their husbands is not a bad idea at all. It's an opinion I personally hold. Doesn't mean I'll force other people to live like that.
>>
>>37455880
mods are doing gods work
keep /pol/ out of /fit/
>>
>>37455887

>The rise of insanely fundamentalist Islam was the reason for those massive declines

When did insanley fundamentalist christianity make a modern society decline in the 19th or 20th century?

When did a fundamentalist christian chop the head off of an non-believer in this modern era?
I could keep going and going.
Islam is an insidious religion and if you believe otherwise you're blind.
>>
File: femenism is over.png (365 KB, 646x1021) Image search: [Google]
femenism is over.png
365 KB, 646x1021
>>37455905
>But the western intervention and proxy wars made it ten times worse
without western intervention it was never ending war throughout the middle east and africa
>>
>>37455901
No, the Middle East suffered from such a decline that it is really bad

Although Europe during the Middle Age are quite close, but the decline of the ME was harsh

The thing with Europe is that there was no proxy wars happening as it is happening the Middle East

Libya for example is fucked up thanks to France literally killing Gaddafi, while years before that they were acting as friends and shit. Not saying the libyan regime was good, but they had some perks and enjoyed peace and what not, and look how it is now

Basically, the western intervention and imperialism made the decline of the ME happen so fast compared to previous civilizations before

Again, it's a normal thing that every country is looking for its own interests, you're definitely not guilty of that but know that our governments have some responsibility of what's happening there

It is only legit for muslims to view US as an enemy considering the amount of shit it's doing there, I mean I find it fair and understandable
>>
>>37455941
oh fuck that picture enrages me so much fuuuuck I have to go for a short walk now to calm down
>>
>>37455941
War would not have started without western intervention

What war are you talking about when the whole Middle East was under Ottoman rule ? No war would've happened to if western world didn't support the creating of Israel

Iran vs Iraq would not have happened if the US didn't feel threatned by Khomeini and decided to use Saddam to wage against him

Syria is a field of a proxy war, same as Iraq and Yemen and Libya
>>
>>37455329
Shut the fuck up and go spot your girlfriends bull so he can get out of the gym and go satisfy her again.
>>
>>37455937
They did that before, just because they didn't do it in the 20th century doesn't mean it never happened
>>
File: fastandlift.png (115 KB, 1348x685) Image search: [Google]
fastandlift.png
115 KB, 1348x685
Look man, a lot of people on /fit/ are just /pol/tards who come here out of hopes to get gains by looking at others with them and get pissed when someone does something to better themselves. Ignore their bullshit cause they haven't left their parents basements yet and never interact with anyone different than them out of fear of having to make an effort aside from a keyboard. This image should help though
>>
>>37455383
Deus Vult, brother.
>>
>>37455419
Top kek
>>
File: Ve799Mj.png (429 KB, 537x570) Image search: [Google]
Ve799Mj.png
429 KB, 537x570
>>37455941
>without western intervention it was never ending war throughout the middle east and africa
>Eating this much propoganda up

>>37455937
>When did insanley fundamentalist christianity make a modern society decline in the 19th or 20th century?
I mean there is a huge gap between the ages of thoes 2 religions anon, plus the church is a stronger power of consolidating what is acceptable religious practice at any given age, something islam lacks. I dont like islam but you can't just throw blanket statements while ignoring context/factors.
>>
>>37455926

Unfortunately the damage is done and most western men are as idiotic as the women

So it would be mostly pointless, just enjoy the ride into the darkness

or just hope for technology to save us before the third world kill us all
>>
File: 1460875473195.jpg (313 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1460875473195.jpg
313 KB, 1280x1280
>tfw the gym is half-empty thank to that ramadan thing
I wish it lasted all year round, my gym has never been so clean.
>>
>>37455993
Sure *we* may all be basement dwellers but if you don't think most westerns, and ESPECIALLY europeans feel the same way as us and are also tired of this bullshit PC nonsense and tired of not calling a spade a spade you're gonna get caught on the blind side mate. Oh and I can't speak for the others but personally I don't browse /pol/, I'm not one for conspiracies.
>>
>>37455933
They wanted to bring their religion into a fitness board.
>>
>>37456016
>>37455990

The fact that violent acts are still being done by a religion IN THIS MODERN DAY is a sign that Islam is a shit. I don't understand how you can not see this.
I'm probably replying to muslims, so i can understand your blindness, but fuck me. How much evidence does there have to be.
>>
>>37456089
This.
>>
>>37456016
>>37455974

>propoganda
You are right, war was invented by the white man. Africa was a peaceful utopia before the evil Albinos came out of their caves and stole black technology!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Before_Civilization

oh...
>>
>>37456068
>implying just cause I'm against being a prick to someone cause of how they pray mean I'm not also tired of this overly PC culture
>thinking I'm unaware of western culture and assuming I don't live there
your assumptions only further strengthen the point that you're a know nothing basement dwelling manlet who browses /fit/ with no intentions of actual health upgrades or gains
>>
>>37456117
Yeah we all are critiquing muslims right now because of how they pray. That's the only thing we're critiquing them on. Are you seriously fucking stupid?
>>
>>37456161
hey, you are the one who hates the new Ghost Busters just because it has women in the lead roles!
>>
>>37456161
you're right, let me sum up the whole argument
>bleh some do bad things (ignoring the fact many muslims get killed by extremists as well and make up a majority of the victims of terror)
>bleh they're all backwards extremists(ignoring until extremism took hold thanks to other nations poring money into it for their own proxy wars and for their own selfish gains was actually pretty modern and normal. and most citizens are against the extremist view but live in fear)
>muh ignorance towards actual people and just hearing bad news stories (you just cherry picking what fuels your own pissed off views that allow you to avoid social real world interaction)
>>
>>37456089
I grew up a pretty devout muslim and i read a fuckton about it but left because religions are bat shit fucking crazy Islam especially, so i consider myself somewhat more educated on the topic than u prob are. The issue however is that you are tunnel visioning way to hard and are looking for an easy and concise final answer when people and their beliefs aren't that simple.
If you discount the force that the papacy was in shaping the religion to be palatable for the avg person and ignore the fact that islam's leading clergy has much less sway considering how detailed islam is in most things leaving little room for interpretation then I'm jealous of how life is so black and white for you.

>>37456105
> never ending war throughout the middle east and africa
>Africa was a peaceful utopia
>thinks you're only allowed to have one extreme or the other
Man america's education system really did a number on you familam
>>
File: 1462906862798.png (111 KB, 300x333) Image search: [Google]
1462906862798.png
111 KB, 300x333
>>37456105
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Before_Civilization
>thinks talking about pre civilization matters when talking about 20-18th cent time frame.
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>37456244
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Before_Civilization

Research has show that in parts of Africa 60% of male deaths were due to warfare

87% of American tribes went to war every year, and torture and mutilation of captured enemies was commonplace

Tribal cultures are almost always warlike, research clearly shows that. and unless you have some kind of evidence that the middle east and Africa were less prone to war pre colonialism you are talking out your arse
>>
>>37456291
So we can only talk about colonialism and later when claiming that westerners caused mass unrest in africa and the middle east, we aren't allowed to bring up the time before the west interfered in Africa and the ME?
>>
>>37456232
>bleh some do bad things
A bit more than "some" mate
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/12/07/muslims-and-islam-key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/

>(ignoring the fact many muslims get killed by extremists as well and make up a majority of the victims of terror)
how does this disprove our points? You're agreeing that islam has a terrorism problem. Just because it's mostly directed towards other muslims doesn't make it any less serious you knob

>bleh they're all backwards extremists
I don't see how you impersonating/ridiculing my statement makes it any less true. You have no argument here (what a shock). Again see the source.

>(ignoring until extremism took hold thanks to other nations poring money into it for their own proxy wars and for their own selfish gains was actually pretty modern and normal. and most citizens are against the extremist view but live in fear)
So for those 1000 years or so before the invasions by other nations, when sharia law was in practice, the muslim world was "modern" and "normal"? Tell me which part about stoning a 13 year old girl for glancing at a man twice is considered normal to you?

>muh ignorance towards actual people and just hearing bad news stories
right so all those terrorist attacks and the constant barrage of shit from the islam world that the media hits you with is somehow negated by "good" news stories about some muslim saving the life of some christian that one time. I'm sorry but news stories about muslims doing good things do not negate the bad things they do. Logic and ethics don't work that way.
>>
>>37456244

>islam's leading clergy has much less sway considering how detailed islam is in most things leaving little room for interpretation

That's my point. Haha holy shit. This is exactly why Islam is shit, though.
People are killing each other in this modern age and the Imams can't do anything because their sacred book is too 'rigid'.
Don't feel sorry for me, muhammed. Feel sorry for all those muslims in the middle east being sucked into such a hateful religion and killing fellow humans because he's of a different kind of muslim.
>>
>>37456305
>>37456323
> we aren't allowed to bring up the time before the west interfered in Africa and the ME?
We aren't allowed to bring up times when nation states/empires were in contact and traded with them peacefully and didnt fuck shit up. because they were relatively stable. We are talking about stable to unstable and why.

Or maybe you're right and the real timeline for the middle eastern and northern african area is this:
>pre-civilization
>colonialism
>now
(excluding cent/southern africa cause they are actual subhuman apes)
Ignoring the entire time frames when ethiopia, mali, ancient and slightly less ancient egypt, indus valley, ottoman empire, islamic/arabic empire where in power allowing for a more controlled and less (neverending war) region.
Are you actually autistic senpai btw or are you pretending.
>>
>>37456442
Actually his research found that societies that traded were more likely to go to war with each other, trade leads to war.
>>
>>37456434
>When did insanley fundamentalist christianity make a modern society decline in the 19th or 20th century?
>When did a fundamentalist christian chop the head off of an non-believer in this modern era?
The point is that all religions have the capacity to be completely autistic but mostly Islamic countries are now more fundamental and zealot-like than they were 150-200 years ago but the western influences among other things cause the level of religious zeal to tip way over to the crazy but muslim's as a whole need to shift their paradigm back and they most likely will given time and a lack of western backed coups. Islam is shit but it's not as insanely more shit compared to other religions as you're spoonfed mind thinks it is.

>That's my point
Ya sure it was you're past text really shows you understand islam and the complexities of it good shit m8.

>>37456488
>Actually his research
You mean the research talking about pre-civilization tribes of mostly nomadic hunter-gathers? Cause that's surprisingly applicable to civilizations on the scale of ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia, dont know why i didnt make that connection anon thnx.
>>
>>37456555

>but the western influences among other things cause the level of religious zeal to tip way over to the crazy

Haha you call me brain washed and spoon fed, yet you believe this. You're a former muslim, so of course you're going to be biased. I am and was never religious. My views are very unbiased and objectively, Islam is backwards and violent. If islam wasn't a violent, insidious religion then ISIS would not have flourished in the power vacuum left by the 'West'. Islam is inherently bad.
>>
>>37456442
>literally any of those countries
>peaceful
>ever

Egypt has had constant wars for over 5000 years over that land...
>>
File: terrorism.jpg (221 KB, 852x805) Image search: [Google]
terrorism.jpg
221 KB, 852x805
>>
File: 1441055682396.jpg (58 KB, 408x632) Image search: [Google]
1441055682396.jpg
58 KB, 408x632
>>37456725
>kike terrorism outnumbers neonazi
>>
Don't you have some infidels to behead or goats to fuck? Why are you on /fit/?
>>
>>37455062
Christian here, for lent I did insubstantiate fasts 3 24 hr days a week, take BCAA during the day if you feel spiritually comfortable, it won't kill the hunger, but it will stop your muscles from consuming themselves, as for hydration just drink 2 litres at suhur. If I may ask why are you worried about your body? Ramadan will compromise your physical gains, but isn't the point to focus on getting closer to who God is spiritually, disregarding the physical body?
>>
>>37456873
>Ramadan will compromise your physical gains, but isn't the point to focus on getting closer to who God is spiritually, disregarding the physical body?

Fucking this. It's like people these days miss the entire point of spirituality and just use religion like a fashion statement.
>>
>>37455342
The same goes for Christianity fyi
>>
File: 1442889562616.gif (646 KB, 512x481) Image search: [Google]
1442889562616.gif
646 KB, 512x481
>western egalitarians unironically defending such a totalitarian ideology as islam

It's like I'm living in some Orwellian nightmare.
>>
>>37456923
Second
>>
>>37456899
hmm that's funny when I opted out of the church they chased me with cookies and coffee after the sunday preacher and friday night christian rock band practice. I can't remember getting 100 lashes and then being stoned to death.
>>
>>37456609
>You're a former muslim, so of course you're going to be biased.
Man I think you're actually brain dead or b8'ing, The whole point is I am biased against it and have a better understanding about it to justify my views.
>. I am and was never religious. My views are very unbiased
Again that isn't how bias works, you can never be religious and be biased against it. Also being unbiased and objective is pretty easy when you dont have any information on the topic or brain power to see past the most basic surface lvl shit.
Lets take the ISIS example, western backed coups and proxy wars between the west+russia and Saudi/iran in syria and lybia cause a power vacuum. The people fighting for this power was ISIS and the Free Syrian Army (FSA) but the line between them is kind of blurry. ISIS came about as an opportunistic reaction in an attempt to use the aid given to them when majority of them were a part of the FSA. Now if there was no destabilization in the region those countries and no foreign weapons being brought in to fund the rebellions those countries would remain as stable dictatorships/governments with minimal religious autism because the ppl in the country under their rule are less zealot-like. Shits more complicated then just islam is literally the worst even though islam is bad. there are functioning islamic countries and autistic Islamic countries and it seems that the west has been involved in are the more fucked ones, Saudi (oil trade), Iran/Iraq (coups/war to secure cheaper oil), Syria, Libya, Egypt.

>>37456620
peaceful != pacifist
I dont think you understand how much time FIVE THOUSAND YEARS is, aside from the ching chongs I dont think any empire has existed anywhere near that long at that level of strength. I'm willing to bet money that the ratio of wars to years is much less then most other nation states/empires.
>>
>>37455062
>not drinking water
>divine commandment

Sorry m8 but your religion needs to be reformed...

have you never heard Christians are redeemed by the Death of Jesus and nothing we can do will make us any more pleasing to God than to believe his sacrifice delivers us from Sin and the punishment for it?
>>
>>37456923
third
>>
>>37457119
>have you never heard Christians are redeemed by the Death of Jesus and nothing we can do will make us any more pleasing to God than to believe his sacrifice delivers us from Sin and the punishment for it?
only if you believe in protestant heresy
>>
>>37457119
>Death of Jesus
I thought you guys sacrificing the wrong guy named Judas?
>>
>>37455477
>Mohammed's dyel physique

fucking kek
>>
>>37455062
go kill yourself fking muslim trash
Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.