[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there really hope at this point?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1455354347796.png (40 KB, 393x400) Image search: [Google]
1455354347796.png
40 KB, 393x400
My bmi is 37. I'm only gaining more and more weight and at this rate I'm gonna become morbidly obese pretty soon.
I've tried various diets, but I always ended up losing like 10 kg and then gaining it all again + extra 2-4 kg.
I literally can't exercise. I can't run for more than a few meters and then my lungs feel like their on fucking fire.
My parents are both fat and grew me to be the fat fuck I am. I have a severe case of inferiority complex and I suffer from social anxiety so going to the gym only gets me anxious and depressed because people stare at me and laugh.
Is there any hope, or am I completely beyond redemption ?
>>
intermittent fasting is the only answer
>>
go on walks, don't drink anything but water/unsweetened coffee or tea
count your calories

or you could start smoking shard, that shit'll slim you down in no time
>>
>>37454802
Literally just count calories you fat piece of shit
Don't want to? OK
If it has sugar in it, don't eat it
If it's mostly carbs (pasta, bread, etc) dont eat it
If you're hungry, good, means you're losing weight

Now read the sticky or get the fuck out
>>
File: 1456589214662.jpg (45 KB, 562x434) Image search: [Google]
1456589214662.jpg
45 KB, 562x434
>>37454802
>Making all these excuse about your situation.
>>
>>37454879

The sticky relies on lifting weights.
OP stated that he can't go to the gym, retard.
>>
>>37454802
If this is not bait, then do the following:

Start cutting out any sugary drinks. Try drinking water only. If you can't stand it first, then switch to low calorie / no calorie coke or whatever shit. Then gradually switch it up to water.

Start walking. No, you don't need to run. Just walk. Pop some music in, and walk, as fast as you are able without giving up. Do this every fucking day.

Then you could try changing your diet as well. Try cutting out anything that is not "natural". Try eating fruits, meat, rice / beans, ANY fucking vegetable.

Then, this is like a 0.0005% chance that you get this far, then you can start counting calories maybe half a year later.

Do you have what it takes, or you already gave up? Who gives two fuck they are laughing at you? You are doing what you can to improve, if they laugh at you exercising / walking or whatever, it just means they are inferior to you.

I wish I had this advice when I started, but I realised it along the way.

Go.. and do it. For the both of us.
>>
>>37454918

This is not bait, really.
I can probably somehow do everything you said, but I can't count calories. I tried that and that doesn't work on me.
If I eat just 2 fruits or something once everyday, they'll be okay?
>>
>>37454902
Sorry, I don't take bullshit excuses into account
Op can buy a barbell and dumbbells with a bunch of plates, that's enough for a beginner and will cost him roughly 200$
Which is a very modest price for a ticket out of obesity

I'm only mean because I know on my own skin how easy it actually is to lose weight, even though it seems hard. I was BMI 41.
>>
>>37454945
>Can't count calories
Then enjoy being fat
>>
>>37454945
Never gonna make it
>>
>>37454802
Lift and get on a restrictive diet like keto or 80 10 10 vegan

Do you like vidya? Progressing on lifts you've been stalling on is like finally beating a boss in Castlevania or Dark Souls or something
>>
>>37454802

stop drinking calories, the only drink you are allowed to drink is water.

Eat unprocessed foods

Walk 1 hour per day.
>>
>>37454802
>I've tried various diets, but I always ended up losing like 10 kg and then gaining it all again + extra 2-4 kg.

Stop dieting.
dieting is something someone does for 3 months.
losing weight isn't about eating healthy for a bit and then going back to "normal food", it is about counting calories and changing your intake as your body changes.
Once you have lost the weight, you can't just jack in the diet and expect to stay where you are, you have to eat as close to your maintenance calories as possible from that point on.

>>37454945
>but I can't count calories.

You know what, neither can I. I sometimes use complex recipes, and working out totals and dividing it into exact portions is something I just can not be bothered doing, because I'm fucking lazy like that.
But it doesn't mean you can't approximate.
Hell, a lot of food has the fucking numbers printed on the packets, you could eat nothing but McDonalds if you use their website to work out how many calories you're eating, pretty sure they'll even tally it up for you.

But here's the good news, getting your diet in check is the most important part to not being a fat fuck, exercise is just supplementary to that, and allows you to be healthy on top of that.
>>
go vegetarian
>>
File: 64 KB.jpg (66 KB, 684x853) Image search: [Google]
64 KB.jpg
66 KB, 684x853
>>37454802

Do it by steps. Those steps have to be permanent changes.

Step 0 (mandatory): exercise
Step 1: no sugar water or sweets
Step 2: no white bread
Step 3: nothing deep-fried
Step 4: no flesh, but chicken
Step 5: only vegetables and fish

Don´t start with Step 5. Go one week with step 1 and then for the next, when you feel good.
Though exercise and work-out are mandatory.

Every seventh day is cheat day. That does not mean you can eat whatever and how much you feel like for the whole day. Cheat day means you have one meal when you can eat as much and whatever you like. If you are satiated that was it. Then the cheat day ends. One cheat meal. Thats your cheat day. And don´t skip it. Your body and mind will need it.

Regarding workout and exercise: Go to the gym. Cardio is gonna get you to the goal. Start with the bycicle. After a week proceed with the stepper, crosstrainer and after a few months run. Every machine has a cal-counter. In the beginning go for at least 200 each workout. Better 300 though. Later 400 cals are mandatory. After a few months you can go for the regular 600 cals or even more.

Thats how I got myself up and became /fit. From 28 BMI to healthy 23. In 5 months.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.