[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>running in chucks Yes or no? I ask because Rocky did it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
>running in chucks

Yes or no?

I ask because Rocky did it.
>>
>>37452892
No. Even the cheapest pair of ASICS would be better.
>>
>>37452892
Fuck no. How retarded are you? this isn't /fa/ you stupid cunt. Just get a good quality pair of asics ffs
>>
>>37452892
yes so you slip in a patch of ice and hit your head again
>>
>>37452892
No no no no no. No.

The sole is too rigid, their breathability is shit, the toebox is too rigid for any run longer than 1K.

If you run in chucks you're basically begging for blisters and sprains
>>
>>37452892
Meh. They were originally designed for running/training. People did it for decades. But for the same price you could get a cheap pair of modern trainers. If you already have them why not.
>>
I run in flip flops.

Come at me.
>>
>>37452892
Does not matter as long it is a flat shoe
>>
I use chucks for interval sprints all the time, nothing bad ever happened.
>>
>>37453041

Really? Because I find them awful for training anything in.
>>
>>37453061

> flip flops

get the h*ck off my board seppo scum
>>
>>37453168

nah haha jokes that was a bit harsh ay
>>
>>37452892
>running in shoes
>>
Barefoot master race here.
>>
File: surprised-doc.jpg (47 KB, 759x508) Image search: [Google]
surprised-doc.jpg
47 KB, 759x508
I ran in Vans once and fucked my shit up.

>shin splints
>blisters
>bleeding feet
>>
>>37453473
I wear vans for daily use but switch into trainers for running.

Are canvas shoes like Vans bad or something? I find them comfy to stand around in
>>37452940
>>
>>37452892
rocky is not real
>>
>>37453041
look into how many people finished a marathon back then
>>
>>37453494

I wear vans usually to roll around in, but they simply aren't built to be running shoes. Their comfy fiteams your toes will have to cling to them to keep them in place as they are a little loose around the foot, which will fuck up your stride and also lead to tendon problems in the long term as your foot clenches through unnatural movement patterns whilst under peak loads.

Hence why good training shoes will be a close fit yet light and flexible, lifting aside where feet generally shouldn't be moving.

At least this is my experience
>>
>>37453162
they're decent for lifting, in the sense that the sole doesn't suffer from compression. although proper lifting shoes trump them, you should use chucks over any running/training shoe if you're lifting.
>>
Nike Flyknits are the only acceptable running shoe
>>
NO
My feet hurt after a day walking in them, let alone running
>>
>>37452892
I like my chucks but they're shit-tier for running
>>
>>37452892
A vegan "running is life" type guy was telling me about the wonders of running barefoot. Blah blah ancestors did it for millions of generations, shoes are cause of most running ailments.

Anyways, I thought about it and it did make some sense. Then I realized..

Everywhere you run there is pavement. There never was all this hard ass ground.

GET NICE SHOES or run on an elliptical like a person with a brain would
>>
>>37453168
we call them flip flops in the UK as well
>>
>>37454440
>unironically living in the city

At least go run in a park or something.
>>
File: 101010101010011001.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
101010101010011001.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
>>37454639
>not him but

>running through park barefoot
>mfw pulling heroin needles out of my feet
>>
>>37453465
get the fuck out of america your dirty mexican and take your corn beer with you.
>>
>>37452892
Rocky is a movie, my dude.

Kill your self, my man.
>>
>>37453465

How much broken glass have you pulled out of your foot?
>>
>>37452892
Only if they are very well broken in, you have put insoles in them, and you have good form.

But save your knees, stick to running in properly fitted shoes.
>>
>>37452906
whats the sexiest and comfiest pair of asics i can get?

i dont wanna look like a crackass cracker wearing new balance crosstrainers everywhere.
>>
>>37458486
not sure but the comfiest stuff in running world I find now are either hoka one one (ayy lmao shoes) or the more conventional Adidas boost foam stuff
>>
run in adipowers
play basketball in adipowers
dance in adipowers
swim in adipowers
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.