[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been feeling really shitty and unmotivated ever since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
I've been feeling really shitty and unmotivated ever since I stopped drinking. I've found that caffeine helps improve my mood a bit, but the acidity of coffee and most other highly caffeinated beverages really fucks with my stomach and makes me nauseous.

Are caffeine pills a viable alternative? Also, is there a place that sells them over the counter? I've tried CVS and Walmart and couldn't find anything. I can't order them online because I had to empty out my bank account for reasons.
>>
tell us anon, what reasons?
>>
>>37452169
>Mfw I drink 12 cups of coffee work days
>mfw I still feel lazy and tired
Feels bad man
>>
Walgreens sells caffeine tablets. They come in 250 mg each so i normally use a pill cutter to get them halved
>>
>>37452258
google "adrenal fatigue"
then do the following:
sleep more
eat better
slowly reduce your caffeine intake until zero
de-stress yo life
>>
Kek i drink 500mg before the gym and i dont rly even feel it, what would happen if i had a red bull or coffee? Nothing?
>>
>>37452169

Where do you live?

In Canada, caffeine pills and ephedra are legal. Both can be found in any health food store/pharmacy.
>>
what should i take if caffeine gives me panic attacks for preworkout?
>>
>>37452183
>>37452273
>google "adrenal fatigue"

I did.

>"Adrenal fatigue or hypoadrenia are terms used in alternative medicine to describe the unscientific belief that the adrenal glands are exhausted..."

>"The term "adrenal fatigue", which was coined in 1998 by James Wilson, a chiropractor, may be applied to a collection of mostly nonspecific symptoms."

>"There is no scientific evidence supporting the concept of adrenal fatigue and it is not recognized as a diagnosis by the medical community. Blood or salivary testing is sometimes offered but there is no evidence that adrenal fatigue exists or can be tested."

>"The concept of adrenal fatigue has given rise to an industry of dietary supplements marketed to treat this condition. These supplements are largely unregulated in the U.S., are ineffective, and in some cases may be dangerous."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrenal_fatigue

I'll pass.
>>
Mio in black bottle Op
>>
>>37452169
How long since you quit drinking and how much where you drinking?
>>
Mate, I haven't looked back since giving up caffeine. I work as a software developer and my natural reaction was always, during crunch time, to knock back energy drinks, coffee and tea. I eventually became dependent and needed that caffeine to reach regular levels of alertness.

Look it up. The long term effects of caffeine are like any drug. Those people that say "I need my morning coffee to perk me up" are actually operating at lower levels of alertness than people who are caffeine-free and only really return to regular levels of alertness at that point. Think of any druggie looking to get their fix and you'll know what I mean.

CGP Grey's video on caffeine makes valid points. It's not a harmful drug and has a lot of positives. The rare bit of it can give you a boost in productivity when not used regularly, like any stimulant. The best thing is to have it non-habitually. If you like the taste of coffee, coke or tea, they all come in caffeine-free variants. I still drink shit loads of tea and coffee at work, but it's all decaf.
>>
>>37452351
/fit/ loves shit like that. low T, adrenal fatigue, nofap, keto

all these bullshit wishy-washy excuses for why we fail. Some of us are just faggots, plain and simple, with no willpower or drive to succeed. Thats it.
>>
>>37452619
>low T

Ha, keking at those faggots who think hormones affect how you act and feel. Fucking plebs
>>
>>37452660
This.
"Testosterone" is just a myth made up by the supplement industry to trick betas into buying snake oil.
>>
>>37452283
Don't become me, M8. I can take 1g and feel nothing. It's bad.
>>
>>37452169
>Are caffeine pills a viable alternative? Also, is there a place that sells them over the counter? I've tried CVS and Walmart and couldn't find anything.

I get caffeine pills at Walmart, they always have them. They are called Jet Alert, its like $1.50 for a pack of 16. Good deal.
>>
>>37452283
You might just not have the type of self-awareness that enables you to notice the effects on yourself. Like some people fail to notice when they are drunk.

It might still affect you just as much as anyone else
>>
>>37452660
i don't believe for a second that it's as rampant as everyone here thinks
>guys i had a coffee but im still tired
LOW T
>guys my wee wee stayed soft despite my high test fat ass girlfriend
LOW T
>guys i did SS for 2 months but didnt see any muscular growth
LOW T
>>
>>37452169
>but the acidity of coffee and most other highly caffeinated beverages really fucks with my stomach and makes me nauseous.

Fun fact: if you pour a can of coca cola in a bathtub filled with water, the PH of that water drops below 5 which is still low enough to cause acid corrosion to teeth.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.