[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /fit/ my monthly case of religious vampirism is about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7
File: heavyharam.jpg (10 KB, 170x113) Image search: [Google]
heavyharam.jpg
10 KB, 170x113
Alright /fit/ my monthly case of religious vampirism is about to set in so I wont be able to eat or drink while the sun is out, but I'mm still trying to bulk and don't wanna miss on a month of mad gains. How do I keep getting swolle during Ramadan
>inb4 just stop being a terrerist
>>
>>37438832
I've been allahu akbaring things for three months and it's still not getting the results I'd like
>>
>>37438779
Are you that same chick who was here earlier asking about this?
>>
>>37438779
you can't, but just deload because your gains won't go anywhere. load up until your fast sets in and start trying to push maxes.

>tfw have been deloading for six months
>>
>>37438779

> eat calorie dense foods
> eat foods that are high in protein
> try to get enough essential vitamins and minerals
>>
>>37438858
nah I'm a guy and was unaware of this being posted earlier. I'm just trying to get stronger and in better shape before I go off to bootcamp for the Navy and would like to continue for this month without saying "fuck it" and making god cry
>>
>>37438779

Hi OP.

I'm a Muslim too. Ramadan is no sweat for us bodybuilders as it's just a case of intermittent fasting, which I practice year round.

Here's an interesting article for you. You'll stay strong, inshallah!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fasting-diet-protocols.htm
>>
>>37438868
are there strength tests in the navy? why not do mild cardio?
>>
>>37438878
There's some strength testing and I do cardio too, but even then I'd still like to make it go by like a breeze. And if i wanna try to become a SEAL I'd need to try my best to gain better strength
>>
>>37438779
You can muss ayre for some really good protein
>>
>>37438779
Guve up my family is muslim and i'm not. Fuck em. They can kill themselves. I'm literally the only normal weight person in that family. Everyone else is obese.
>>
>>37438874
Can I bulk in Ramadan?
>>
>>37439814
Can somebody answer me?
>>
>>37439880
do you mean ramen? it'll fuck up your macros but yea you can do it. gotta add a lot of pork meat though.
>>
>>37438779
>can I bulk while MPS is inactive most of the day
No, IF is dumb af if you care about muscle
Best you can do is just eat shitloads of casein and fat and fiber
>>
>>37439891
reee

I'll just chug through a bottle of milk if needed.
>>
>>37439883
>nigga we trynna convince some fool not to starve himself like a fuckin idiot in the name of some voodoo magic shit, so yea it matters
are you retarded do you really think intermetting fasting is unhealthy
>>
can't you just eat a lot after sundown?
>>
look up intermittent fasting by martin berkhan

its going to be harder to get in calories during a short eating window for bulking, but it'll still work

ideal for mass gaining? def not, but guess what - its mostly about calories and macros at the end of the day

expect this to be less effective as training age increases
>>
>>37438779
>become based ex-muslim
>get gains
>>
>>37440180
Because 4chan was always meant to be an inclusive safe space free from triggering hatred like racism, bigotry, and heteronormative constructs
>>
File: fit-gettingg-btfo.png (131 KB, 1326x948) Image search: [Google]
fit-gettingg-btfo.png
131 KB, 1326x948
The autism is real
>>
>>37440203
>only my opinions are valid and all other opinions should be silenced

not very inclusive and open minded of you xir
>>
>>37440237
alright i apologize
>>
Seriously lmaoing at all the deletion ITT
>>
>>37438884
>Fasting unhealthy
Leave and take your Fedora with you
>>
>>37440256
fasting isn't really the best for athletic stuff or even mass gain desu

it is useful as a tool to reset insulin sensitivity, however
>>
>>37438779
Are you a Shiite?
>>
>>37440999
I'm not a follower of the moon god or his paedophile prophet, but ramadan would be no big deal if you were on a cut. It might even help.

OP you ignorant faggot, just make sure you're on a cut. Problem solved.
>>
Your muscles need nutrients to be readily available. Normally meaning glycogen from your liver. Otherwise they burn up themselves to get the ATP needed to function.

Jesus christ you guys are more memeheaded than freaking >>>/pol/

>inb4 b-but mu gaynz can be maintained by magic and wishes.

Sure, but you're literally eating your own body to do it. Idiot.
>>
>>37441025

> Your muscles need nutrients to be readily available. Normally meaning glycogen from your liver. Otherwise they burn up themselves to get the ATP needed to function.

Nigga what

[citation needed]
>>
>>37438779

switch your sleep cycle to the day?
>>
File: slitenoglei.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
slitenoglei.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>37441037
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosine_triphosphate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycogen#Breakdown

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis

You guys don't become "right" just because you realize that you can get big by following a recipe. It's literally calory in/calory out all the way down. If you don't give your body calories, your body will burn itself. Simple as that, nigga.
>>
>>37439880
YES YOU CAN. Just eat fucking shittons of food when the sun is down and work out so you dont walk around hungry afyer workout. Pref. Ay the evening so you can go home and stuff your face with broteins.
>>
>>37441065

Well yeah, if you're actually starving then you obviously can't make gains but the worst thing that could happen from lifting in the morning and pushing your meals later into the day is going to be lack of energy during the workout.
>>
File: ramadan-summary.png (115 KB, 1348x685) Image search: [Google]
ramadan-summary.png
115 KB, 1348x685
>>
>>37441065
The sand niggers eat plenty during ramadan, only after the sun goes down. It's literally a series of 12 hour fasts, which would be fine on a cut.
>>
>>37441037
>what is fat
>>
>>37441082
Ramadan forbids water as well as food, unless you're in a literal desert.

Tell me now how your body will get "gains" when you rob it of literally every fluid it depends on for basic function?

Ramadan is a collective hallucinatory delusion disguised as culture.

>worked at warehouse
>mostly white people but some muslims
>one particular muslim is my buddy
>fasts all week
>woozes around
>nearly crashes forklift
>almost faints due to exertion
>literally can't remember ten minutes previous

>>37441105
Sure, and for most of us normals, that's what happens. A lot of people have the weird fetish of reducing body fat however, and for people with big muscles, the fat doesn't translate fast enough for the body to ""call "all clear".""

Muscles are more easily broken down, and go before your fat does. Starve yourself of protein, you don't lose fatweight, you lose muscleweight.
>>
>>37441121
Of course. But one should never starve yourself from proteins. Even on a cut. Starve the carbs and fat instead. But he is only fasting because he is a mudslime so he can just eat a lot early before sunrise, and a lot after workout in the evening
>>
>>37441121
>Ramadan forbids water as well as food, unless you're in a literal desert.
95% of them drink water during the day in ramadan. Only the one's who throw faggots off rooftops don't.
>>
>>37441163
Well then my buddy is of the latter persuasion.

>>37441171
You can imagine why we don't think they should do it here in Norway.

>midnight sun
>>
I know most on here view Jim Stoppani as a supplement peddler, but his past five or six youtube videos have been on Ramadan in particular. Might be worth a watch, OP
>>
It's Intermittent Fasting.

Maybe you can't bulk, but you can cut or maintain for a month.

Also, can you drink water while sun is up or not? If you can't then it'll be hard making it through workouts. I don't think food will be your problem, but water.
>>
>>37441037
I'm sure you also believe in meal timing and 30ns anabolic window
>>
>>37441315

why would you assume that?
>>
>>37441365
Meant the guy you quoted
>>
>>37441407

heh, that's the 2nd time someone's done that to me today.
>>
Hope you don't try to fast during BT. Navy doesn't have terribly difficult training but it's still a gay old time.
>>
>>37438779
>can't eat/drink
>supplements aren't food
would supplements be considered a loophole to Ramadan? technically you're not eating or drinking anything, just swallowing a pill
>>
>>37440185
Ex moose on /fit?
>>
>>37438779
>Bulking in summer
Shit nigga what are you doing
>>
>>37444028
Tryna get big, yo
>>
Nigga if you're Muslim getting swole ain't for you. The fasting fucks up the body.
>>
Are you that chick from saudi arabia ?

Anyway I'll just be cutting during Ramadan. The weight lost in 1 month can easily be regained.
>>
>>37441171
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
We can't do anything about Christian violence 500 years ago. Everyone involved is long since dead. All we can do is make a history lesson about it.

We CAN do something about Islamic violence, today, right now. And that would be to put a bullet through the skull of every goddamn shitskin Muzzie who demands that we be more "tolerant" of them and change around OUR whole way of life just to suit them.
>>
>you must not eat in sunlight hours so you understand suffering!
>All animals killed for food must have an agonising death!

And other silly things such as Ramadan in countries with months of sunlight or darkness
>>
>>37438779
Maerg baerg kaffirha. Inshallah your gains will lead to the death of many infidels in the future
>>
>>37441171
that would be funny if it was true
>>
>>37444643
>>37443994

holy shit stop making up fake statistics for events you know nothing about. learn 2 history you dumb fuck and don't forget to hit your macros
>>
>>37446878
this is so retarded that if its not a pasta already, it should become one.
>>
>>37447821
t. butthurt kebab

>b-but muh Islamic golden age
>>
>>37447023
>>All animals killed for food must have an agonising death!

Go hug a tree hippie. We ain't giving cows the lethal injection.
>>
>>37444580
the reason is just like the gorilla threads, it was non-fit arguing or rather shitposting and most of them just insults

>op asks how to train while fasting
>one anon suggests IF
>20 anon type one line of insults that contribute nothing to the thread

tldr polacks looking for an excuse to get triggered
>>
>>37438779
It's not monthly
>>
>>37438779
can't you just eat a buttload of protein before sunrise, go to the gym, take a shower and then go about your normal day of work/study, then eat at night again ?
I don't see the problem.
>>37448535
>If /fit/ has a /pol/ opinion about it, it's /fit/ related don't you think ?
Can i start posting about cars ?
I feel that since i'm on /fit/, it's /fit/ related
>>
>>37442408
>fuck of shit skin
I-I'm white though
>>
>>37441121
>starve yourself of protein and this happens.
I love statements like this because they give no fucking details. Lemme ask, do you know how long you have to go without it for your muscles to catabolize? 72 fucking hours. Not fucking 12 you retard.
>>
File: lenny pepe.jpg (158 KB, 813x960) Image search: [Google]
lenny pepe.jpg
158 KB, 813x960
>mfw called shitskin even though white
>mfw about to be on a boat for months on end defended stupid neck beards right to call me an asshole cause I pray differently then them
>mfw just wanted to know how to continue gains but got lambasted by /pol/tards
>>
>>37448746
>>37448830
>muslim
>white
>implying
>>
>>37448830
if you think your time in the army/navy is gonna be any different, i have bad news for you son

prepare to be bullied 24/7 kek
>>
>>37449025
well you know the topic was in regards towards a religious sacrament, that could affect being fit, and muscle build, so yeah.
So far all I learned was I gave /fit/ more credit than I should've
>>
>>37449116
Your question is dumb though.
Basically it boils down to
>I'm not allowed to eat/drink for X hours every day for a month. Can I still make/maintain gains?
The answer is obviously yes.
>>
umm hello? is this /pol/?

where am i?
>>
>>37449303
it was a "how" and not a "yes/no" question though so your argument against me seeking advice is just a reached attempt to justify your religious bigotry and you not viewing this as a plea for advice of gains
>>
>>37449358
Are you that retarded that Ramadan makes you forget how to calculate your calories and macros, and force feed yourself when your pedophilic prophet says you can eat?

Do the world a favor and kill yourself, shitskin
>>
>>37449386
I'm white you tard
>>
>>37449437
Bullshit. Post pic, ahmed
>>
>>37448699
Sure i see your point (and your double spacing) but he didn't say "Do you think Islam allows lifting ?" so religion is not the question, it's a parameter only.

And when you see the answers "HURR DURR ISLAM SUCKSS HURR DURR", is that the best /fit/ can do ?
>>
>>37449475
Not him but I'm Bosnian bud.

Don't confuse all of us for sand-nigs.
>>
File: harbors-187526.jpg (298 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
harbors-187526.jpg
298 KB, 1920x1080
>>37438868
I was in the Navy, bootcamp is nothing bro. Just work on your mile and a half time to at least 11:00 minutes and you're good.
>>
File: 1464194168871.jpg (154 KB, 1543x1360) Image search: [Google]
1464194168871.jpg
154 KB, 1543x1360
>>37449475
> not realizing that Islam is the second largest religion in the world and the popularity keeps rising.
>literally means almost 1.6 billion people on earth are muslim
> not all of them are middle eastern

Not religious, nor would I fall victim to the "slave religions" ,but you dumb son. Keep voting for Trump you idiot

Navybro here, I got you're back OP
>>
>>37450888
Army people on /fit/ are really nice, but they're super vile on /pol/ and /k/ for some reason.
>>
>>37450888
>being this pedantic
Waste of trips
>>
>>37451000

>On anonymous Bulgarian fish monger site
>calling out someone for being pedantic

Waste of trips...
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.