[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so what's the consensus on bodyweight fitness? seeing as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: smirk.jpg (75 KB, 456x810) Image search: [Google]
smirk.jpg
75 KB, 456x810
so what's the consensus on bodyweight fitness? seeing as how I'm a poor schizophrenic who doesn't want to be around other people, this basically seems like free exercise (if that's a thing)
>>
>>37438376
It's not that great just buy used equipment and you'll be far better off
>>
>>37438376
Great for starting out. After doing all the progressions, you'll have to start using weights or equipment.
>>
>>37438376
Just get "Convict Conditionning". You'll turn ottermode in no time.
>>
>>37438376
It depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Boxers use mostly bodyweight for lifting, but people who want to get big have to use weights.
>>
>>37438443
just looking to get slim and trim is all
>>
It's great but progressive overload is harder to execute and some stuff, like pistol/shrimp squats have such a high learning curve that many just give up.
>>
>>37439130
>>37438376
No doubt more limited than hitting the weights. Results will be dependent on how much you weigh. If you buy/make a weight belt or just toss on a weight vest or backpack with some rock, you can maximize your results on those exercises though, and you don't have to experience encountering people. Dips, pullups, and box jumps are pretty good compound movements to start with you'll probably get shredded if you go up on intensity, and dumping on some weights might even bulk you up a bit, but never expect a bodybuilder image without weighted isolation exercises.
>>
>>37438376
do freeletics
>>
It's better than nothing. But for all a few body weight exercises there's at least one exercise involving weights that is more efficient and will get you better results long term.

But, if you're too poor to buy a home gym and hate being around people too much to join a regular gym then, sure, go for it. Just be aware you'll stop progressing a lot sooner. However, if your diet is right that may be enough to make you look good if not particularly muscular.
>>
If you're in the military and want to be better at your job, do the push ups and sit ups.
>>
>>37438376
Its good, but you need some good books to really accomplish anything. Just doing normal pushups in endless repetition wont do anything substantial.

For example google the progressions in Convict Conditioning.
>>
>>37438376
Oh and i forgot, while BW doesn't turn you into hulk, it gives you a few neat tricks to pull off like human flags e cetera.
>>
File: 6346575676567.jpg (9 KB, 191x263) Image search: [Google]
6346575676567.jpg
9 KB, 191x263
best form of fitness if combined with aerobic exercise

>mfw when you see those """"""fit""""""" body-builders who get out of breath climbing the stairs
>>
>>37438376
If you don't care about the slow progress and only want to reach ottermode. Sure do some BW.

Personally I was scared shitless of going to the gym but once I went a couple times the anxiety wore off. Maybe you should atleast try it.
>>
File: MUTON.png (210 KB, 321x321) Image search: [Google]
MUTON.png
210 KB, 321x321
>>37441079

Not OP, but BW is fine. I've done BW almost exclusively for 8 years. Progress in weights can make your BW movements easier, but not everyone wants to look like a walking bag of chicken breasts.

>>37438376

OP, invest in at least a couple 25lb kettlebells you can use at home. Combining these with BW exercise and some cardio will give you strength and definition.

Pushups, dips, chinups, pullups, crunches, planks, with some sprint work and you'll very quickly be fit. With free weights, shrugs and presses help a lot.

Just work consistently every day, eat right and get your rest.
>>
File: bodyweight.jpg (136 KB, 421x885) Image search: [Google]
bodyweight.jpg
136 KB, 421x885
>>37438376

BOOM. I made this for you OP.

Do this three times a week. Prep your meals to make it easy to eat clean and you are guaranteed results or your money back.

No free weights? Skip it, or substitute with heavy objects. Ignore anyone who tells you BW is "not enough". They're more than likely a bodybuilder or powerlifter who has body image issues.
>>
>>37441086
>things that never happen: the post
>>
>>37441488
Lets take body builders on a five mile run and see what happens
>>
>>37441533
>cardio
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.