[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it a good investment to get a fitbit for the purposes of tracking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 51LV1XdZKPL.jpg (37 KB, 366x500) Image search: [Google]
51LV1XdZKPL.jpg
37 KB, 366x500
Is it a good investment to get a fitbit for the purposes of tracking my caloric output so I can count the calories to grow muscle, but not become /permabulking/ fatass?
>>
It's not 100% but it gives a pretty good idea
>>
>>37436825
They're inaccurate pieces of crap that really exist only to give away free data on you to the corporation that they sell to advertisers. Not even kidding.
>>
>>37436825
they are okay. if you are deadset on getting a watch there are cheaper things, or you can wait for the inevitable apple watch release that includes everything a fitbit can do with a free app.

they are handy and I enjoy mine, mostly for tracking sleep and comparing with coworker/friends to keep motivated. if you are overweight laready the heartbeat monitor can be innacurate and you can't take your BMR out of the calorie calculator. i use myfitnesspal to track food and you can sync that up to your fitbit as well
>>
>>37437408

^This
>>
>>37436825
jesus christ no, my fucking stupid normie cunt mom got one and she doesnt even use it
>>
>>37437584
Maybe she would use it if she wasn't so preoccupied providing for a tendie eating cunt of a child like you.
>>
>>37437408
Actually, many are as accurate as the instruments used for similar purposes in a laboratory. That being said, even the most accurate (fitbit zip) was at 4.9%. Accuracy also decreases for intensive activities, so realistically the only real benefit is for the step counter when you're cutting.
>>
>>37436825
how the fuck do they track how many calories youve lost?
>>
>>37436825
Those things are for fatties who want to believe they can buy things to make them skinny instead of working hard dieting and exercising
>>
>>37436825
No. I actually tested devices of that sort as part of a job a few years back. Fitbit is wildly inaccurate, particularly if worn on the wrist like the one in your pic.
>>
I love my fitbit. It's not super accurate, but I still like using the measurements for goals (walk x miles in a day, walk y miles in a week, walk z miles in a month)
>>
>>37439287
Pretty much this, I've done some work with them, they can be accurate, but only if there's not much wrist movement, but can be completely useless if you're doing any exercise. OK for tracking sleep or light activity but not much else
>>
I got the HR and like it, its good as a baseline for movement, average heart rate progress. Most important, peicing together good sleep. It really demonstrated that i was drinking to much and sleeping 3-4 hours a night four nights a week as a result. Quit boozin and started getting my shit together.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.