[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best way for getting your sleep schedule back on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 1461789717249.jpg (46 KB, 540x438) Image search: [Google]
1461789717249.jpg
46 KB, 540x438
What is the best way for getting your sleep schedule back on track?

I just started a new job that requires me to get up at 6, while before I didn't get up until 10.
>>
tfw havent had a proper sleep-schedule.
ever.
>>
>>37433791
just push through it for the first couple weeks and eventually you'll start falling asleep earlier
>>
>>37433919
same, I need the sleep gains but cant make them
>>
>>37433791
wake up at like 3 am one morning and force yourself to stay up until 830-9 pm. youll be tired
>>
File: _BM31393-Edit.jpg (308 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
_BM31393-Edit.jpg
308 KB, 1500x1000
1. exercise makes me sleepier than if I dont do it
2. ZMA and tryptophan an hour or two before bed
3. download f.lux and install it on your computer
4. get up at the same time everyday (including days off)

https://justgetflux.com/
>>
>>37433791
melatonin.

5 mg half an hour before bed.
>>
>>37433791
If you need to be up at 6, set your alarm for 6. Don't hit snooze. Don't take naps. Repeat even on off days until it gets easier.
>>
Bunch of neets with no clue what their talking about
Don't force yourself to sleep, go to bed usual time force yourself to get up at 6 and by the end of that day you'll be tired enough to go to bed on time, and it wont take weeks.
Just have to maintain it over the weekends.
>>
File: 1418118519364.jpg (13 KB, 222x216) Image search: [Google]
1418118519364.jpg
13 KB, 222x216
>>37433791
I managed to get my sleep schedule back on track with ONE SIMPLE TRICK:

>eat your evening dinner 30 mins earlier than usual
>do your usual evening stuff (ie computer, watching tv etc) but *dont* eat or drink anything after dinner
>go to bed at usual time
>wake up at the time you are supposed to wake up
>first thing you do in the morning is to open the window to get fresh air in and get a decent breakfast

litterally got my sleep schedule back to normal in like 3 days
>>
>>37434123
>don't drink anything
not even water?
>>
File: 4.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1333
>>37434148
idiot
>>
Eat your breakfast right when you wake up and look at natural sun light. Fight through mid day naps and be in bed whenever without looking at your phone
>>
>>37434148
I can't really recall if the "no water" rule was also
included or just not food... anyway I tried without water and it's completely doable unless you live in a hot as fuck region I guess

>>37434181
also this guy is right, the point of opening your windows just as you wake up is mostly to get sunlight
>>
Here is a thing that helped me out with sleep patterns, now I get up at 5 a.m. feeling amazing.

1. Get a really good workout early in the morning or early afternoon.
2. Drink tons of water throughout the day.
3. Have a clean diet and take a multivitamin if possible.
4. Do something that stimulates your mind so you don't just mindlessly stare at a screen before bed.
5. Read a book to help fall asleep if you aren't tired enough already.
>>
>>37434309
what is a /fit/ approved multivitamin? is there a danger to taking them?
>>
>>37434435
Now Foods Adam
No
>>
>>37434435
The only ones worth getting are expensive. Else your just paying for fancy piss.

Eat at least 500g of vegetables a day, and you should be good.
>>
sleeping pill for first two days, melatonin for next two, and you're good
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.