[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've fucked up and wasted the last 4-5 months without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1462233902246.jpg (200 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1462233902246.jpg
200 KB, 1000x1000
So I've fucked up and wasted the last 4-5 months without sticking with a routine or program. I've made minimal gains and am going to start counting calories.

My question is: Is it too late to try Starting Strength? Did I fuck up too badly and miss all my beginner gains? I'm nearly 23 now
>>
>>37432396
You can't miss beginner gains if you haven't gotten them yet
>>
>>37432396
stfu faggot and get in the gym.

its never too late. shit ain't over till you're dead in the ground
>>
>>37432396
>SS
naw, nigga. Strong Lifts.
>>
>>37432438
Thanks, so I could still progress fast enough to keep up with starting strength, or would I be better off with something else?
>>
>>37432438

This basically.

I have a buddy who is going to be switching to SS soon because I left him in the fucking dust as far as strength goes. I kept trying to tell him to switch to a better program (he was doing an extremely retarded bro-split) and I was doing SS.

He started off benching more than me about 3-4 months ago, now imagine his surprise when we go and he's hardly made any progress on bench and I'm benching 40-50lbs heavier than him.

I told him it's about doing a proper routine, and how he's kick himself and switching over to SS.

It's never to late to do things properly.
>>
>>37432535
I found that for a generally weak person like me (6'1'', skinny arms, narrow chest) SL tends to be harder to progress with. those 2 additional series really reck me.
I've started doing SL 3x5 and it seems good, next workout I'll see if I can increase weight 2nd time in a row after being stuck 4 workouts on the same weight (on more than one weight)
>>
>>37432396
Sorry buddy the moment you touched a weight the timer for beginner gains started ticking. It's too late now.
>>
>>37432612
>SL 3x5
Are you fucking stupid? That's SS
>>
>>37432624
Isn't SS 3x8?
>>
>>37432995
nope 3x5
>>
>>37432549
yes. now stop looking for excuses not to do it and get started
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.