[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here ever gained weight because of medication? My
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: pills_2348412b.jpg (27 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
pills_2348412b.jpg
27 KB, 620x387
Has anyone here ever gained weight because of medication?

My doctor put me on Abilify a couple months ago and I've ballooned up about 10 pounds since and can't seem to burn it off.
>>
>>37425350
Is this a serious question or are you being way to vague?

Short answer: yes
Long answer: give us more details
>>
>>37425377

I'm just trying to see if anyone else has had a similar experience.
>>
>>37425414
Yes, people have gained weight after starting new meds before. Yes, you can lose it again if you tighten up your diet. What are you even asking?
>>
>>37425350
I think I gained like 15 lbs on Remeron, lost it when i went off of it and started exercising more. basically just craved sugar all the fucking time and had a huge appetite. downside is you're sleepy all the time and also you're taking it because you're depressed as fuck. I wish I hadn't started thinking about that the feels are coming back oh god
>>
>>37425350
meds are a literal meme
>>
>>37425350
Just ask for adderall
>>
>>37426325
Abilify is for bipolar... combining that with ADHD meds can amplify manic episodes
>>
>>37426379
Abilify can be for a lot of things, so can adderall
>>
>>37426325
Don't. I have it prescribed and it FUCKS my appetite. If I don't consciously think "hey you need to eat" or set alarms I will literally go a whole day without eating.
>>
>>37425455
Are you on a diet? Take it easy you fucking nothing.
>>
File: 1461876428807.jpg (71 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1461876428807.jpg
71 KB, 500x750
how tf do I get adderall or ritalin or vyvanse from my doctor if I'm 23 and have no previous history of ADD or learning disorders?

I rly want Adderall because it makes me feel warm and fuzzy and super focused like I'm some sort of god.

Would telling the doc that I'm having trouble concentrating this semester be enough (make up excuse that the workload is getting to be too much)?
>>
>>37425350
MEDS ONLY INCREASE HUNGER,
YOURE STILL THE ONE SHOVELING THE FOOD IN YOUR THROAT

Fuck faggots blaming their 'meds' for weight gain.

How about you learn to behave? Then you don't need those shitty 'meds'.
>>
>>37426887
I doubt it.
>>
idk man i dont fuck with psychiatric meds

desu you don't need them, the mind is strong enough to defeat mental obstacles of any kind
>>
>>37426887
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>37425350
Meds don't cause weight gain, they cause increased appetite and disliking exercise AT MOST.

You'll get it off if you just eat less or move more. Eating less is easier than moving more, so focus on that.
>>
>>37426887
its a mental disorder; play the part
>restless knee
>break eye contact a lot, overall spacey
>make up anecdotes that match symptoms you research
>>
>>37428539

if you're a shitty actor then the shrink will see right through u

only a sociopath could act the part

and if ur a sociopath you probably already have a history of some kind of "psychiatric disorder"
>>
I took it for about three weeks and my sex drive never came back. I have been off it for eight months and have absolutely no desire at all to have sex with my gf.
If you are seriously messed up and need it then ok but if you are taking it for depression then i recommend you get off it before it does more damage.
>>
>>37428544
Nah, shrinks see jack shit and can't help you with jack shit.

Just be honest and say you want to try it. Say you have trouble focusing and your motivation is gone.
>>
For me it was Xanax, puts you in a niiiiiiiice everything's fine... Even if I get chubby fiiiine, 2yrs later when I stop takin it realize I was high as a kite the whole time and eating like shit daily... Gained a ton of weight
>>
I was also put on antipsychotics and I gained over 250 pounds. It's basically impossible not to gain weight on them, major weight gain is a very common side effect. It's also impossible to lose weight since you feel like a heavily sedated zombie with no motivation or energy while on them
>>
im on remeron and it has allowed me to bulk far better then my normal appetite ever did, hungry all the time no matter what. Not sure how im gonna stop
>>
>>37425350
Like I wrote yesterday, I'm on prednisone and I'm actually having panic attacks because I think I'm losing muscle mass.
>>
Skellies should go on zyprexa if they find it so hard to gain weight. Soon they'll know what it's like to literally feel like you're dying if you don't shovel food in your mouth (it fucks with your blood sugar majorly) and it's impossible not to gain massive amounts of weight on it
>>
>>37426305
>>37426305
Med's are a meme.
As someone who works with people with schizophrenia on a regular basis, and has seen them with and without medication that works for them, you sir, are wrong.
>>
>>37425350

I used to take remeron before I realized the pharmaceutical Jew wasn't actually helping me in any way and got healthy and started accomplishing things.

It gave huge sugar cravings at night, i put on a good bit of weight. I was also on Prozac before before that didn't have any effect on my weight. I feel like maybe I even ate less
>>
>>37429931
I also had a crazy appetite on remeron. I got on temazepam afterwards and lost my appetite and a ton of weight.
>>
does clonazepam make you gain weight?
I take2mg a day
>>
>>37425350
Abilify is one of the better ones in terms of weight gain. Gained 5kg about three weeks into Seroquel. God forbid you get Zyprexa, holy shit.

>>37428411
And for this asshole, drugs can change your metabolic behaviour, especially power ones such as anti-psychotics. The weight gain from Zyprexa is so bad the medical community still can't figure out what causes it.

Also, 2/10 b8
>>
>>37431055

This, Zyprexa is fucking bullshit and should be illegal. A dying AIDS patient with terminal cancer and anorexia could balloon up on it
>>
http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/01/31/zyprexa-and-weight-gain-how-it-causes-you-to-get-fat/
>>
>>37429896
>>37428411
>>37428492
>>37429896
Yeah guys, psychiatric meds are all a scam and the mind is totally able to overcome psychosis on its own.

>>37431089
To be fair, Zyprexa is still used as a very fast acting antipsychotic for emergency admissions and as second-line in-patient treatment, at least where I'm from. It works wonders in those situations. I'm not from the US though. I hear they advertise it on TV for headaches and all sorts of shit? What the actual fuck.
>>
>>37431178
>It is known that taking this antipsychotic can lead the body to store a large amount of fat in areas that it typically would not (e.g. breasts in men).
>For example, the drugs significantly elevate levels of prolactin, which also decreases levels of testosterone.

Nope. Nope nope nope nope.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.