[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
guys im afraid of doing the Press, i dont want to fuck up my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 91l1+K3sK1L.jpg (788 KB, 1956x2560) Image search: [Google]
91l1+K3sK1L.jpg
788 KB, 1956x2560
guys im afraid of doing the Press, i dont want to fuck up my lower back disks and get sciatica

will doing squats and deadlifts strengthen the lower back and help heal disks if done right ?
>>
>>37421743
The press is probably least likely to Fuck your shit up
>>
>>37421807
but i already did; six months ago i think i arched my back doing it and i think i fucked it up. now its got better but i'm afraid of starting again
>>
>>37421743
Just squeeze your glutes hard as fuck and brace your core (like if u were expecting a punch)

t. young manlet who pressed 135x5 with strict form yesterday
>>
>>37422102

ok, i'll try again. hopefully i didnt fuck my disk up so much it comes back
>>
You're supposed to keep the back straight and bend at the hips when you lean back.
>>
>>37422120

and bending at the hips is different than arching your back right
>>
>>37421743
Go lighter and focus on form before working up slowly. Consider investing in some 0.5kg microplates so you can load more carefully.

Ripplestiltskin has dozens of videos explaining and demonstrating the correct technique on youtube.
>>
Sort of related: When doing lowbar squats I've felt a lot of pressure in my lower back. Am I leaning too far forward? Or is it supposed to feel that way?
>>
>>37422177
The bar is supposed to stay over the midpoint of the foot. If you are leaning too far forward you would end up on your toes and possibly fall off balance. This is assuming you aren't squatting in shoes that are unstable or something.

If it doesn't hurt you're fine, but the best way to fix form is a video.
>>
>>37421743
Look up Allan thrall video regarding lean back during the press. Helped me a lot
>>
>>37421743

Just do it seated then
>>
>>37422075

So keep the weight low enough until you're confident that you can do it with strict form
>>
>>37421807
wrong. Ohp is the most unnatural movement. The bodies natural tendency is to to lean back to recruit the pec muscles which puts your back at risk.

I never ohp op. Not missing out on anything. SS zealots who have been lifting for 5 months will make up some ridiculous story about ohp being the ULTIMATE MUSCLE BUILDER but in reality it's just an unnatural movement that impinges your shoulders and can be easily replaced with no detriment
>>
>>37422138
Yes. Fully extending your hips doesn't mean you have to hyperextend your back.
>>
>>37423091
Are you fucking serious? Where the fuck do you people learn this shit?

1. Are you honestly insinuating that RAISING YOUR ARMS ABOVE YOUR HEAD is an unnatural range of motion?

2. It is almost anatomically impossible to impinge your shoulders on the press you gigantic faggot. Your scapula rotates to accommodate the movement supported by your traps.

The ONLY way you could impinge your shoulders on the press is if you were leaning back so far your chest was vertical, your upper arms level with your shoulders, and your elbows at 90 degrees. At which point you're not actually injuring yourself doing a press, you're injuring yourself by being a retard.
>>
>>37423091
>I never ohp
then gtfo
>>
>>37422075
i you fucked up your back by doing ohp then most likely you have bad shoulder mobility
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.