[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that guy who has severely underdeveloped arms, calves and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
>that guy who has severely underdeveloped arms, calves and delts, but still refuses to add some high volume training into his routine for those particular body-parts, because he has been brainwashed by /fit/ to avoid doing any lifting that involves high volume isolation work

I really hope that guy isn't you.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 400x225
>not focusing your routine around the 4 major compound lifts but adding accessories so you don't look like rippetoes frankenstein.
>>
>>37417685
>that guy who has overdeveloped arms and delts and severely underdeveloped torso muscles, because he thought compound exercises and working on getting stronger will make him fat, so he only sticked to isolations with high reps

I really hope that guy isn't you
>>
>>37417702
How do those shaky arms on bench from no biceps feel?

or those good-morning squats from low quad development?

Literally 20 min of isolation after your workout helps even out your body dum dum.
>>
>>37419177
I don't understand. I do a lot of chinups and my biceps are big enough to stabilize pressing (not that they need to be huge for that). I also squat high bar in heels, so both goodmornings and small quads are not an issue here.
>>
>>37417685
>isolation work that isn't high volume

what, do people do this?

>>37419177
>what are weighted chins
>what is atg
>>
>>37417696
Fucking this
>>
File: 1458792629519.png (226 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1458792629519.png
226 KB, 499x499
>>37417685
It is
>>
>>37419205
>I squat in heels
What the fuck?
>>
SS with accessories, problem solved.
>>
>>37417696
What would you recommend to fill out? Doing SS, been adding curls and calf raises, thinking of adding incline bench to balance my chest proportions.
>>
>>37419384
I run SS with preacher curls and tricep dips as accessories, recently added in calf raises.
Personally I don't see the need for incline bench in a beginner program. You haven't been making gains for long enough for your chest to be weirdly proportioned if you've just been benching flat.
>>
>>37419324
the fuck is, that I can squat deeper, with almost complete knee flexion, which really helps your quads grow
>>
>>37419457
Okay, sounds good, I actually really like dips. Also what does it mean if when I preacher curl I exclusively feel it in my outer forearms? When I do hammer curls/regular curls I feel it in my biceps but preacher curl is all forearms.
>>
>>37419556
means you either have shit grip or you curl your wrists during reps.
and for fucks sake, guys, instead of doing curls on ss do some chinups. training arms without training lats is retarded.
>>
>>37419556
were preacher curls hit depends on grip length, switch to close grip and try to keep forarms paralell to each other, then you should feel it in biceps
>>
>>37417696
I'm a DYEL beginner who is trying to bulk for the first time, just started SL 5x5. Are accessories necessary when I'm just trying to build a solid strength base to work from? I don't want to look like a freak obviously but the SL program says that accessories are unnecessary when beginning. Am I getting memed by SL or by /fit/?
>>
>>37420586
No, I did SL and I'm well proportioned from the compound lifts. When I was more of a noob (around 2-3 months in) I added stupid shit by doing pullups/dips/planks after every workout and I stalled hard on all my upper body exercises. Then when I cut that shit out my bench and OHP exploded and are my best lifts now. Too much volume for beginners is really bad.
>>
>>37420618
Great thanks for the advice. I'll make sure not to over complicate the program by adding random accessory lifts to it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.