[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
prednisone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1461906024391.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
1461906024391.gif
3 MB, 359x202
So I'm taking this potent antiinflammatory drug similar to cortisone, 25 mg a day for 30 days, I'm halfway to finish the terapy.

One of the side effects is catabolic activity, I asked my GP and he said the dose and the timeframe are not compatible with this side effects, but I'm worried to lose mass anyway.

I'm taking creatine, Lglutammine and BCAA to counteract this shit.

Did anyone took the same drug ^?
>>
>>37414997
Yeah man I literally lost most of my muscle mass fuck the doctor he's stupid.
>>
>>37415009
Seriously or trolling ? How much were you taking and for how long ?
>>
I thought the side effect of steroids (not the bodybuilder kind) is weight gain
>>
>>37415119

both fat gains and muscle loss i think
>>
>>37414997
>I'm taking creatine, Lglutammine and BCAA to counteract this shit.
You're dumb as shit my nigga.
>>
>>37415203

Explain ?
>>
Medfag here.
Corticosteroids are catabolic, they basically break down your muscles and shuffle it into glucose, which then turns into fat.
Long term steroid users develop severe muscle wasting, central adiposity and fat deposition in face, back and belly.
Use corticosteroids at lowest possible dose for as short as feasible.
>>
>>37415472
Also, 25 mg a day is a reasonably high dose. Watch your blood pressure and sugars.
Why are you on pred? Autoimmune disease?
>>
I had a friend who was on pred for over half a year. he looked like shit at the end. muscle mass was gone, he was fat and his face was bloated. the guy used to be pretty handsome too, but he never recovered. obviously he could have recovered with diet and exercise over time, but like most people he found it too hard.
>>
I was on it at varying doses for about a year and a half at least. At doses of around 20mg and higher my weight went up since my appetite and energy levels went way up and I could make better gainz.
>>
I had to take the same dose for a long time. Autoimmune disease. My doc screwed up and had me on it much longer then needed. I did not know better back then so I didn't question him.
Gained a ton of wight, lost muscle mass, became weak as fuck. But if you take it for only a month, OP, then the side effects should not be as bad.
>>
Your doc is a dumbass, your energy and performance in the gym will be almost immediately affected

go to google scholar and look up exercise with cortisone and understand that yours will be about 2/3 of that
>>
>>37415472

Thanks doc, OP and medstudent here.

>>37415480
I didn't understand a lot, anyway my deferent ducts in my testes are closing due to an untreated and late discovered epididymitis, so I'm becoming sterile basically.
Also, for what I read online, it's a standard dose, not low, nor very high.

>>37415523
>>37415561
>>37415568

I was on a bulk before taking it, gonna post some pics.
I started walking every rest day, so 3 gym days and 4 jogging days, and I started looking less bloated and fat actually.
Also lifts are going up, not down. Probably pushing myself a bit harder.
>>
>>37415774

This other pic is some days ago.
>>
>>37415774
well like I said this was a couple of years ago and I did not know about the impact of the side effects. If I had to take it now I would probably do the same thing as you, just train harder. However, as it is an anti inflammatory drug, exercise is causing inflammation. But who knows, everybody reacts a little different to inflammation and drugs.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.