[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swimming general??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: alphamalebo.jpg (17 KB, 255x264) Image search: [Google]
alphamalebo.jpg
17 KB, 255x264
So guys, I just stepped in a pool for the first time in 8 years. I recently quit smoking about a month or more or so, and I can still feel my cardio lacking. I spent about 40 to an hour in there.
Lost track of time 'cause I had so much fun.
I used to be a runner, exclusively just running. But this, this is something else.
If I swim 5 days a week in a month or two,
what results will I see in terms of cardio and physique?
They say it works out the whole body, right? I swam to the point I got a leg cramp.

Any swimmers here got any tips?
>>
You build muscles but if you don't eat more all the extra cardio will make you lose weight.
Also a question for the thread, I live on the beach and I've always wanted to swim in the ocean for cardio but I do cardio at like 6 in the morning what are the chances of me being eaten by a shark or drowning because I'm not a good swimmer
>>
>>37413839
Is there a safe zone netted off? Swim there if possible. Otherwise, sharks are not a problem until you live if Africa really. As for bad swimming, it's a huge danger to get pulled in by an undercurrent and drowning so I wouldn't recommend it without supervised experience. Or, in a calm cove.
>>
>>37413839
Speaking of, I'm fucking hungry right now. I got some ground beef with beans in them. Good?
>>
>>37413839
>You build muscles but if you don't eat more all the extra cardio will make you lose weight.

BRO CARDIO KILLS YOU GAINS BRO

>this is you
>>
>>37413839
Depends on where you are. When I lived in FL riptides would've been a potential issue, and you would've been more likely to be attavked by a shark at that hour. What >>37413902 said about netted off is a good idea.
>>
>>37414062
No I don't have netted off areas what is this France?
>>
>swimming
>gains

pick one

Swimming is god tier excercise for fatties
you just burn fat
>>
File: onsen_pepe.gif (567 KB, 300x456) Image search: [Google]
onsen_pepe.gif
567 KB, 300x456
>>37413806
Jesus only newfag swimmers think this.
>Wow swimming sure is fun
>Never swam for time
>Never swam with a coach who yelled at you every time ur head was above water
>Never swam a set with a ridiculous time interval where every interval u missed the coach added another set
>Never got out two hours later then practice was supposed to end
>Was never swam for hours staring at the bottom of the pool at 4am
>Never had such a short interval that you keep missing it so that a 10x100 blends into one long 1000 where u can get lapped by the hard fags swimming for college scholarships

Um yea anyways casual swimming can be pretty healthy. Really good way to drop calories. Be careful tho being the chlorine water makes you really hungry. Nothing wrong with swimming just to stay fit and not compete. Where a swim cap so hair doesn't get fucked
>>
>>37414136
Oh yeah? Well look at michael phelps, he's not fat at all now is he?
>>
>>37414165
michael phelps got 0 muscle bruh

i would say genetics
>>
>>37414154
forgot when you accidentally drink water
>>
>>37413929
more like, if he starts to swim daily OP will need those extra calories
>>37414165
Doesn't he eat like a shit load of food when he's training?
>>
>>37413806
shoulders will get wider
you'll build your lats up
>>
>>37413929
>I-its all just a meme!
Hehe, keep telling yourself that you stupid cardiocuck.
>>
>>37414136
what about swimming and then bulking?
>>
>>37414154

Can you share any tips on how to breathe more comfortably during freestyle, especially during longer distances?
>>
>>37415239
For open water you do sort of a "gallop" to "sight" where your swimming. For pool swimming if your swimming long sets 200/400 pace your breathing. It's been a whole since I swam because it sucked. But if you wanna swim fast remember breathing slows you down. Also, don't breathe going into the wall or out from the wall, and always lots of kicks off the wall to get speed. My couch said "no breathing in the flags" but as you get better you can breathe a lot less. So idk how well your cardio is, but maybe 3 stroked then breathe? Rly whatever you can to keep your breathing consistent.
>>
>>37414223
Also swimming and running into someone. Also butterfly in crowded lanes and slapping the person's hand next to you. SHIT HURTS. Goggles fogging up or breaking, trying to fix them and get yelled up by coach. Fucking swimming.
>>
>>37415537
Thanks, man. I'm just having trouble in the middle of my 400 is all, it's like I'm getting out of breath too early but pushing through it just feels uncomfortable, like I'm straining too hard. I'll try this out next time I swim. Cheers.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.