[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My shitty fucking deadlift
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: bc1.jpg (16 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
bc1.jpg
16 KB, 680x583
My deadlifts are so shit. When I do them I hate myself because I've been lifting so long and they still suck. Should I just abandon them? I care more about aesthetics than strength anyway.

My squat is at 220lb but my deadlift is still at 100 - it's just pathetic but when I go any heavier my back curls so bad and I can't avoid it.

They fuck up my legs by scraping them too and overall I've come to hate them. Is there any reason I shouldn't ditch them forever?
>>
>>37410756

Your technique sucks, most likely. Or your mobility.

You can drop them but if you're curling over on 100lbs most replacements are going to result in the exact same issue until you address whatever is causing the problem.
>>
I have a bad back so i stopped doing them too. I have moderate scoliosis tho.

If you can only do 100, it sounds like a flexibility issues. figure out if your hams or quads are tight.
>>
>>37410756
how old are you?

my DL is 275 and my squat is 205 wtf
>>
>>37410756

Use your lats you dingus.
>>
>>37410777
I've been thinking maybe it's to do with back strength is that a possibility? I never really get very sore muscles the day after lifting anymore except in my back after I deadlift and they kill me for days.
>>
>>37410756
watch videos about deadlift form (Candito, Alan Thrall, Rip) and try
1) wider grip
2) paused deadlifts

1) teaches you how to engage your upper body more to stay tight and
2) teaches you how to activate your lats and stay tight longer
>>
>>37410786
I started lifting because like 4 people in my mother's family broke their backs over the years and their surgeon was like "wow anon you've got the same problematic back shape as them, better hit the gym and work on your back and core strength"

>>37410787
I'm 18. Yeah most people's deadlifts are better than their squat.
>>
DO you have long ass legs or short arms? no reason your dead lift should be so low compared to your squat, especially as a beginner.
>>
>>37410756
There's no absolutely reason why you should do deadlifts. Ever tried stiffs or RDLs?
>>
And for love of God don't overthink shit. Lift. Lift as most and as frequently as you can. You will adapt and will learn whatever motion flow is best for you. If you can't even lift more than 100, your problem definitely is not technique, you are just weak as fuck. Just lift.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.