[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything wrong with eating fast food everyday as long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: 1462088972900.png (41 KB, 600x708) Image search: [Google]
1462088972900.png
41 KB, 600x708
Is there anything wrong with eating fast food everyday as long as you eat under 2,000 calories?
>>
On a bulk or cut?
>>
>>37407768
Neither, just maintenance.
>>
>>37407753
Yes. Too much salt, saturated fats, sugar and everything else they throw into it.

People don't eat healthy because it's a meme.
>>
Yeah, you'll have that weird lethargic feeling that comes with consuming fast-food all the time. But if you're talking specifically about fat-loss, sure, it's all calories/macros. Just make sure your meal selection gets you enough protein.
>>
why would you want to? you'd get fed up of it within a week.
>>
>>37407779
Wouldn't your body just burn off the saturated fats and sugar though?

And drinking more liquids can help your body adjust to high salt intake.
>>
>>37407787
It's cheap af compared to eating "healthy" foods like fruits and vegetables. Also, I live next to a taco bell.
>>
>>37407779
>70 and 80's nutrition

There's nothing wrong with fast food as long as you don't over eat.

There's a documentary on youtube called, "Fat Head" in which a guy loses weight by only eating fast food. At the end he loses a bunch of weight and is perfectly healthy.
>>
>>37407823
>fast food
>cheaper than cooking

food's cheap where i live, but even if you're a swissfag its still much cheaper to cook. just buy in larger amounts
>>
>>37407753
Small amount of trans fat. You might want to supplement with some vitamins not typically found in beef. Overall you'd live for as long as a normal person. Most people do eat fast food and/or order out more than once a week anyway
>>
>>37407779
There is not too much salt. There is not too much sugar. Saturated fats are only an issue if weight is being gained. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>37407753
Yes IMO, but atomists will tell you otherwise.
>>
>>37407753

If all you care about is losing weight, and you don't care about preserving muscle, then yes, it doesn't really matter what you eat as long as it's at a deficit.

What you will find, though, is that 2000 calories worth of fast food really isn't very much. That would be like, no breakfast, a combo meal for lunch, and maybe just an order of fries for dinner. You're going to be hungry. A lot.
>>
>>37407823
> fast food
> cheap

Maybe where you live, but here in California, a standard burger + fries comes out to about $7. If you eat the meals, that's somewhere in the range of $21 for about 2k cal

On the other hand, if you go to your local grocery store, buy a big thing of organic washed salad, that's $5, buy soup bones for about $6/ lb for the fanciest shit, you're set for three meals for $11. Plus if you're good with local plants, you can find purslane, mallow, and sowthistle, etc just growing everywhere to hit up all your macros.
>>
>>37408226

Are there any OTC supplements to curb appetite and burn calories? I need some pills or something. What would you recommend?
>>
>>37408715
Not him, but I take caffeine pills and multivitamins every morning.

Also read about EC stacks.
>>
Depending on what you're eating you'll probably fuck up your arteries and get high blood pressure, be hungry all day to to the food being non filling, and have turbo shits. But if you're fine with dying of a heart attack at 180lbs at the age of 35, it's all good.
>>
>>37408715

Supposedly caffeine helps with this but the difference is pretty minor IMO. I tried that Hydroxycut stuff, all it did was make me jittery and sweaty all the time. I didn't actually notice any substantial difference in my weight loss.

A keto diet can help with this as well. That's what worked for me.

In the end, though, really, you just have to man up and do it. Be hungry. Fuck it.
>>
>>37408715
Not him, but your best bet are veggies.

A supplement may not work of be a placebo, but most veggies are at most 30Cal per 100g, almost irrelevant, and you can fill up on them so much they're better than any supplement.

Just eat them like they're medicine.
They fill you up (literally, volume-wise), and you won't be paying dozens of dollars for what is essentially placebo snake oil.
>>
>>37409060
veggies don't fill up anyone.

are you a womyn?
>>
>>37409096
>veggies don't fill up anyone.

t. American
90% of veggies can be eaten until your stomach literally can't physically hold in more food without even hitting 300 calories.
>>
>>37409106
Except eating veggies isn't nearly as satisfying as calorie dense fast food.

It's like drinking a gallon of water instead of eating. You'll feel really hungry once your stomach empties.
>>
>>37409144
>Except eating veggies isn't nearly as satisfying as calorie dense fast food.

HOW FUCKING FAT ARE YOU BRO

Spiking up your blood sugar is not a long term solution, idiot.
>>
>>37409096

Eat more until they do. A big ass plate of steamed "California blend" is like 100 calories.
>>
>>37409178
Not fat though. I'm 5'11 and the most I've weight is 180 lbs.

Eating mostly veggies is horrible and will make you feel slow and depressed.

Your blood sugar won't spike that much if you're eating low carb.
>>
What helps me get over cravings sometimes is imagining Ken Jeong saying, BUT DID YOU DIIIIEEEE?
>>
>>37409219
You eat veggies with protein.

Goddamnit, it's not that hard.

>Your blood sugar won't spike that much if you're eating low carb
Then what are you eating?
>>
>>37409219
>Eating mostly veggies is horrible and will make you feel slow and depressed.

Holy shit
I feel bad for you, man
I mean, I don't even fault you for this, it's probably caused by what your parents made you eat as a kid, but shit
If eating veggies makes you feel like that it means you're the stereotypical American, for whom healthy food feels like poison because it won't satisfy the fat and sugar addiction caused by daily shit-tier nutrition.

Actual normal people in first-world countries feel BETTER by eating veggies, not worse.
>>
>>37409248
>Then what are you eating?

Just avoid sugary drinks and foods with added sugars, those spike your insulin the most.

You can literally just take the buns off a mcdonalds burger to make it keto.

>>37409333
I'm talking about when most of your calories come from veggies. Obviously a few servings if veggies is good.
>>
>>37409371
>I'm talking about when most of your calories come from veggies. Obviously a few servings if veggies is good.

Then I don't understand what your problem is. 400g of chicken will cover most of your daily protein needs if your diet is balanced, and adding veggies to that will fill you up.

No one said "Eat only veggies", but if you have trouble cutting, then you just need to fill up on calorie-poor foods.
>>
>>37409398
My problem is fucking carbs. I could snort carbs after shoveling them directly into my own asshole all day. I could replace my carb intake with beans but and broccoli but which beans are best for a low carb, high protein diet? I've done this diet before with pinto beans and chicken three times a day for 2 months straight. I lost 30 pounds but fucking hated eating the shit.
>>
Hey OP, Why don't you just try it out for 30 days, and test your weight and strength and take photos each day.

Then we'll all know, Morgan.
>>
>>37407753
You'll want to kill yourself, but no, you could do it
>>
>>37409613
It's not like there's a dramatic difference between beans.
Also, you're addicted to carbs.
And I'm not being dramatic.
Carbs are sugars. Your body gets addicted to them incredibly easy.
You're a fucking junkie.
You have to detox yourself, you human wreck.
You're going to have the shakes, you're going to have the cravings, you're going to go crazy.
But once you're through it, you'll be an actual human being instead of a disgusting hungry hippo.

Hold off the carbs until you're not an addict anymore.
>>
>>37409647
Recommend me a good detox. And I appreciate your feedback. Shit got me laughing
>>
>>37407753
It's been proven beyond any doubt that when it comes to body composition, all that matters is that you get the right amount of calories, protein and nutrients like vitamins, dietary minerals and water. Eating only big macs (in the right amount) will keep anyone healthy and good looking for many years.

The problem is that there are other concerns than body composition, like liver, gastrointestinal tract, kidneys. If you eat shit over long period of time, you *might* damage those in some way.
>>
>>37409702
Never mind, I see what you mean by detox. I'm drunk. I'm gonna do it, anon. Thanks for the motivation.
>hungry hippo out
>>
File: image.gif (1010 KB, 350x264) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1010 KB, 350x264
Reminder that at some fast food places you can get baked chicken (high sodium) and salads (don't get the dressing or stale bread).
>>
>>37407779
hi scooby
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.