[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there a metal spring in the middle of my new jump rope?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: springrope.jpg (15 KB, 233x233) Image search: [Google]
springrope.jpg
15 KB, 233x233
Why is there a metal spring in the middle of my new jump rope?

>pic related

can I take it off ?
>>
>>37402857
That would be very painful.
>>
>>37402866
>>37402866
>For you
>>
im not sure if this shit is troll or people just dont have common sense any more...
>>
>>37402872
not a troll

my jump rope broke so I bought a new one and there's a giant metal spring on the rope

I have literally no idea
>>
>>37402878
id say it would be to stop the rope wearing so much when it smacks the floor 9347923638623973 times over its lifetime.

>can i take it off?
can the popes dick fit through a donut?
i dont know, but probably.

(yes)
>>
>>37402888
i skip barefoot

wont it smash the shit out of my feet on misjumps
>>
>>37402900
Then take it off if you're worried about it. A pair of pliers should work. It's really not a big deal.
>>
>>37402857
Safety pin. Shit will explode if you pull it.
>>
>>37402915
i can take it off

i just wondered as to its purpose and if it's essential

does anyone know?
>>
>>37402959

see >>37402888
>>
>>37402857
It will make it last longer and it adds weight to the rope so you can skip faster.
>>
Don't take it off,the purpose of the spring is to touch to ground so your jump rope don't get damaged by hitting the ground.
>>
Are people really this stupid? OP, are you really so dense that you couldn't immediately figure out the springs purpose just by looking at it?

I've never used a jump rope in my life and I could immediately discern what the spring was for.
>>
>>37402888
It could also be there to weight the rope and let you spin it faster.
>>
Why are you skipping? Are you a 12 year old girl>
>>
>>37402888
This. My skipping rope wore down so much it eventually broke in 2 places. Near the handles. The middle was so close to breaking too.
You bought a quality rope it seems. That reminds me to buy once since it's cold as fuck here atm and i need to do cardio indoors.
>>
>>37405184
Even if this is b8, fuck off, fatty. Skipping rope is a great way to cardio.
>>
>>37402857
maybe its incentive to be good at jumping, otherwise you get hit with a metal spring.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.