[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Calves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 0_1599a4_31318c97_L.png (133 KB, 448x500) Image search: [Google]
0_1599a4_31318c97_L.png
133 KB, 448x500
Is it true that all (former) fatties have strong calves? What other explanations are there for strong calves? Not looking for advice on how to get them, don't need it.
>>
>>37400095
Their legs had to move their fat asses everywhere.
>>
Fatties have a ton of muscle. Imagine carrying/moving like 100lbs literally everywhere you go and with everything you do. Add a caloric surplus to that and you'd get fuckin jacked.
>>
>>37400095
most, some do have chicken legs

>>37400455
maybe below the waste. I can't imaging many other parts of the body that could be salvaged
>>
>>37400095
Not strong calves, but if they were active fatties, especially hiking up hills a lot, they probably have big calves.

Most former active fatties dont hardly need to train legs in general
>>
Yep, formerly 245 here. Finishing off my eternal cut at 170 and my calves are the only muscle on my body that actually looks good right now
>>
>>37400095
Recovering fatties generally have the biggest legs.
Just imagine moving 250+ around everywhere all day, gaining weight as you build muscle, and the pain of barely losing any weight.
>>
>>37400095
They do have strong calves but they also always have really shitty knees which makes it all pointless really
>>
>>37400654
not so sure about that

my knees are pretty good, it's my plantar fascia that seems to be a HUGE issue. I once sprinted full pace to catch a train 270 lbs at the time, they were nice enough to pause for 5 minutes for the fat boy to catch up. I didn't have a choice the train wasn't moving once it saw me.

Ever since did some damage to achilles and sole arch. It sometimes goes down in pain, like right now, there's no pain. I'm in weight loss phase so hoping itll go away while I'm lighter. Twisting without pivoting would fuck me up surely, but I have full range of motion and can jump fine.
>>
my calves are pretty great and i ran every day for like 7 years before i started lifting

so i blame it on that
>>
File: gosling.jpg (39 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
gosling.jpg
39 KB, 600x400
>>37400095
>Tfw never been above 170 lbs at 5'11
>have to train calves by running and not moving my obese upper body for my entire life for explosive calf gains.
>>
>>37400761
you dont have to run. Just walk briskly with weight on your back. I attribute my calves from my weight as well as walking 1+ mile to work and school every day.
>>
>>37400095
Recovering fatty here. 100%. My calves look juicy as fuck compared to everywhere else on my body. Most developed muscle in my body besides my heart and cock.
>>
>>37400959
Oh, I like running. I also started doing weighted vest runs as well. Also occasionally do ruck marches. Just saying that big calves are easy for formerfattys.

Goodbye joints though.
>>
I know a 5'9" 130lbs dude, total skelly, he never did sports in his life.

He has gigantic calves because he does a lot of walking and his dad had amazing calves too, despite the sedentary lifestyle.
G E N E T I C S
E
N
E
T
I
C
S
>>
File: AdoptedManChild.jpg (17 KB, 382x322) Image search: [Google]
AdoptedManChild.jpg
17 KB, 382x322
>tfw super skinny Saami all my life and have to do 300 pound calve lifts 3x15 to get a 15 inch circumference after 6 months.
>>
Can confirm. My gym buddy who I went to highschool with is a former fatty but was an active fatty. His calves are nice, no homo, where as mine need a lot of work.

However looking at my brothers calves I have the genetics to get some killer calves
>>
>>37401156
Seriously, calves can be based a lot on genetics, I walked on my tip toes as a kid for awhile for some reason. Now I have huge calves.I dont even train them.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.