[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody have experience with exertion headaches? Apparently all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (87 KB, 977x943) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
87 KB, 977x943
Anybody have experience with exertion headaches? Apparently all I can do is take time off but I don't want to take a break from the gym, what am I supposed to do for 2 weeks? Just sit here and let my gains fade away?
>>
i do, normally i try to understand which excercice gives me these headaches and i change it
>>
File: rep range study.jpg (118 KB, 877x727) Image search: [Google]
rep range study.jpg
118 KB, 877x727
>>37399321
>trying to cook herself to death on a rainy day
I got exertion headaches really bad from pullups for a while.
In my case it was only pullups that did it, and I think it was because my form was shitty and I'd tense up my neck unnecessarily.
If you can determine a specific exercise is doing it I'd say ease off that one a bit and try to determine how you're triggering them.
>>
Do you drink enough water?
>>
>>37399624
I somehow envy the autism that leaded to craft such a fancy (fake, yet fancy) graph
>>
>>37399644
Yeah a few bottles a week
>>
>>37399658
desu it wouldnt take that much effort senpai
>>
>>37399321
They are caused by improper breathing. Don't hold your breath too long while exerting.
>>
>>37400013
Thats retarded. I breathe fine. You don't know what youre talking about so please fuck off
>>
>>37400013
I do tend to try to hold my breath sometimes when going heavy on a lift, I'll watch that more. thanks senpai
>>
>>37400461
Bro do not listen to that fuckwit. Keep your shit tight and keep your breath in. That's not it. You gonna snap your shit getting all lose and letting your breath go.
>>
>>37400621
Not getting enough oxygen is what causes my headaches. I also have sleep apnea so I sometimes wake up with headaches
>>
i was getting them for a while and they started getting worse but then ironically i got hit by a car and had brain damage and once i recovered they never came back
>>
>>37399707
Few bottles a week. Not almost a gallon of water a day.

Get into the habit of GOWAD
>>
>>37400621
YOU don't know what you're talking about. Holding your breath is bad.

You can still maintain core tension and exhale on the force exertion without losing core stability.

If you hold your breath you increase blood pressure.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.