[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a little new, and I could use some advice on progression.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I'm a little new, and I could use some advice on progression. If I was doing 5 reps of a workout and only was able to do 4 complete ones, would I still progress to a heavier weight, would I stay the same, or deload? Sorry for the dumb question. Also any tips on progression?
>>
>>37396304
stay the same until you can do the 5, then overload again

you are a newbie, take advantage of it

also this questions ------------------> google
>>
>>37396363
Thanks for the help. I would Google it, but I don't trust most of the fitness stuff on the Internet.
>>
>>37396392
then you should get the fuck out of this place asap bro, you wouldn't even believe how much bullshit, broscience and retarded people there is on this board, you really have to dig deep into the pile of shit to find those golden nuggets

stay for the banters tho
>>
>>37396515
What are inaccurate things on this board?
>>
>>37396515

> SS + GOMAD
>>
>>37396566
Obviously GOMAD is bad, although I do drink a shit ton of whole milk. Mostly eat pretty healthy. My diet consists of a lot of peanut butter toast, eggs, oats, Greek yogurt, fruit, spinach and other vegetables, and occasionally like pasta and stuff.

What's wrong with starting strength? I was doing something kind of like it for a while with strong lifts, but I switched to my own type of PPL workout. Let me know what you think.

>Push
5x5 BP
5x5 OP
3x8 Incline Dumbell Press
3x8 Tricep Push down into lateral raises
3x8 tricep extension into lateral raises

>Pull
Deadlift 1x5+/5x5 Barbell Rows
Pulldowns 3x8
Cable Rows 3x8
Face Pulls 5x15
Hammer and Regular Dumbell Curls 3x8

>Legs
Squat 3x5
Romanian Deadlift 3x8
Leg Press 3x8
Leg Curls 3x8
Core Stuff

I usually workout anywhere from 5-7 days a week.

How does this look for me?
>>
>>37396746
Why did you switch from strong lifts? Did you stop making gains? What are your numbers on bench ohp squat and dl? Asking because I'm currently doing SL 5x5
>>
>>37396746
depends on your goal

you want strength+big legs and ass? do SS

you want aesthetics and overall symmetric body composition? do a split
>>
>>37396807
Here's the thing, I honestly didn't know what tf I was doing and I was pretty new. I've worked out for a year now. I switched because I kinda looked like shit, that was because of my diet at the time though. I was tired of being a skeleton at 6'4 130, and I bulked 70 pounds to 180. Since then I've bulked back to about 185.

Shit lifts though
BP: 155
OP: 95
Squat: 202
Deadlift: 225

I kind of fucked up my first year, although I look a million times better and healthier. Now I kind of want to work towards aesthetics
>>
>>37396824
Definitely working for aesthetics right now at the same time I also wanna get stronger.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.