[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do most people give up on diet/hitting the gym? Im talking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: zelda.jpg (9 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
zelda.jpg
9 KB, 191x264
Why do most people give up on diet/hitting the gym? Im talking people who for a month straight post on FB, how great they feel the energy etc... then all of a sudden they just stop going.
>>
Why did moot give up on 4chan?
>>
>>37395414
Dunno be he stayed with it a lot longer then a month lol
>>
>>37395402
Are "most people" girls?
If so i got an easy explanation for you
>>
>>37395422
It was because of you.
>>
>>37395433
I would say a majority of them are, but also a high number of guys.
>>
>>37395446
most of the fb fags who post everything they do are grills

nowdays everything is done for a fucking picture to upload
>>
>>37395446
Well girls buy into the whole gym thing because media tells them its fun. They see pics on FB and IG and think its all fun and games until they realize its pain and hard work
I dont know which is which but half the girls reallize they are good looking enough to get guys to want to fuck without having to hit the gym and the other half already got a bf so they dont care

Guys...i dont know laziness probably
>>
>>37395402

Because it's tough. Especially if you have built up a lifetime of bad habits. Fried foods drinking sodas etc. People need to realize that healthy eating doesn't have to be shitty tasting. I'm cutting and the food I eat is healthy and also delicious. It doesn't have to be tough.

If people were educated more about diet and losing weight then more people would succeed. Instead they see an Atkins diet commercial and try that.

Also as far as working out people want instant gratification. Building muscle takes time and you can hit the gym for months and not see major changes. That can be really disheartening for some people. Some mentally weak people at least.
>>
>>37395486
Girls are more disciplined than guys. Fuck off asshole
>>
>>37395556
why would you say such a stupid thing like that?

How can you say who is more disciplined either way?
>>
>>37395556
Sure, might be but that doesnt alter my point and you good sir missed it completly
>>
>>37395573
>Implying im going to put actual effort in my bait

Women are stronger than men
>>
>>37395402
For a lot of people I'd say it's a matter of getting shitty information, doing a shitty routing++diet and then not seeing any results to motivate them to keep going.
>>
>>37395588
Just stop trying
>>
>>37395623
cumskin btfo
>>
/fit/ got me in to lifting
/fit/ keeps me going to the gym
love you guys
no homo
>>
>>37395510

Pretty much this. I'm going with my girlfriend currently and she just doesn't like to be uncomfortable, ever. I doubt she lasts two weeks.
>>
>>37395510
I've lived on soda and popcorn in replacement ofmeals and have been cutting fine for 3 months. Currently bulking for gains
>>
>>37395656
>this

Most women nowadays cry like little babies as soon as things become a bit uncomfortable: "it's too hot, it's too cold, my whatever hurts, i think i sprained something, bla, bla, bla." Not that guys are lagging behind by much. What I don't get is how none of those girls try going to the gym for selfies gend up getting hooked on the endorphine rush. I guess bettering yourself is a very low priority when society bend over backward to please you.
>>
File: 1449098477833.jpg (20 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1449098477833.jpg
20 KB, 680x680
>>37395402
Because they're lazy i think, this happened with a friend.
>Be me, 19, 1,73(5'8) 72kg/158lbs
>4 months ago
>Do calisthenics for 2 years, never skip a day, get amazing results, and although i can do one arm pullups, pistol squats and one arm pushups i eventually stall in terms of size
>Decide i want to try going to the gym with a friend, another bro already goes there.
>It's 3km away and i doubt it but say fuck it, going with bros it's extra motivation.
>Bro 1 who already goes to gym has been training for 5 years and can't bp 150, he skips days/weeks but when he goes trains hard, also full of broscience.
>Bro 2 it's a skelly 50kg but runs a lot.
>Arrive to gym thinking about making all kinds of gains with deadlift and squats.
>Enter and see only machines(even dip assisted machine), no olympic barbells, biggest plate is 15kg, no racks at sight, full of treadmills and cardiobunnies and one shit bench in which a girl is doing some tricep kickbacks.
>At this point i had already paid so might as well try one month.
>Ask broscience trainer there (which i later learned he is chiropractor) to give me routine, gives me a shit PXLXPXX routine with only machines and on resting time he said i should do treadmill when i had told him i wanted strenght.
>I force both bros not to skip days even though the rouine is shit, bro 2 starts making excuses and always goes 2 days/week skipping legs, sometimes going 3 days and training chest twice.
>When he misses a day because of an excuse the day later he tells me how he had a good time playing vidya, the guitar or sleeping.
>mfw every time i tell him he could be training he gets angry and tells me i should take gym easier.
>At the end of the month i cancell suscription to gym and go back to calisthenics.
>Bro 1 says he lost consistency since i left. Bro 2 stills goes 1/2 days a week and looks exactly the same since he started.
Well at least i got to bench 100kg for 3 reps in my first month, why are friends such gains goblins?
>>
>>37395844
HOLY SHIT nobody cares about your blog post

Dumb frog poster
>>
Friend of mine doesn't have any real interests. He only participates in things because he's desperate for social approval. He quit lifting for the same reason he quit everything else: it didn't gift-wrap friends and place them on his doorstep.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.