[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's settle this for once and for all: What are the GOAT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Let's settle this for once and for all:

What are the GOAT fighting styles for lanklets?

6'6" 240lbs reporting in. I've done boxing - now should I continue boxing or is there something better?

Just to add that I have insanely long legs and pretty long hands. I love boxing, but I also want to get some leg/knee work in.
>>
>>37393121
From the sound of it if personally say Muay Thai or some other type of pure kick boxing. I'd also recommend tae kwon do because of your long legs and good reach but TKD is pure athletics and Muay Thai is pure destruction. I did kung fu and can't recommend that enough but good luck finding a kung fu school b let alone a good one that doesn't fit the McDojo meme. Doesn't sound like you even care about grappling do I won't bother throwing in any opinions about that.

Also this should really be in /asp/. Would be good to have a martial arts discussion there as oppose to the gorillion wwe/wcw/etc that flood it and make it toxic.
>>
>>37393121
Da fuk you on OP? I used to run slow marathons and cycle and nothing is as much as a leg workout as boxing.

You have a very distinct advantage with your height. Just get a good, stiff jab and be able to back it up with a chopping overhand right and you can get far.

I'm a 5"9 fat manlet with short arms so I have a pretty nasty left hook.
>>
>>37393121
the idea with tires is pretty neat. That negro is smart
>>
No reasonable fighter will challenge someone with the reach you have unless their 6'+ themselves.

Angry males will try to tackle you and get on top of you. Your best bet is to know how to grapple, or get out of holds and get back up.

Grapple mr. Green giant
>>
>>37393312

I meant leg work as being able to throw kicks/knees, but thanks.
>>
>>37393121
muay thai
fuck did I hate fighting tall guys
>>
How have you not went anywhere with that size OP? I'm doing MMA and BJJ right now and love the height/reach advantage. 6'1 79in reach fighting at 155 is a whole lot of fun for a striker.
>best style for lanklets
Any striking art, ol Jonny Bones loves that Muay Thai
>>
>>37393121
>What are the GOAT fighting styles for lanklets?

a mix of boxing, muay thai, jiu jitsu, wrestling, and touchbutt
>>
>>37393349
some white man probably showed him how to throw a jab and built the contraption with spare parts.
>>
>>37395776
Touchbutt gets you knocked the fuck out by another lanklet that has solid boxing and doesn't train like a tard.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.