[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna know how much I can achieve in one year, with firm training
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: tmp_8249-green-juice378886234.jpg (73 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8249-green-juice378886234.jpg
73 KB, 1200x799
I wanna know how much I can achieve in one year, with firm training routines and dieting. I have come to the conclusion that my current way of life will kill me, and I loathe what I see in the mirror. My goal is a body I can tolerate, and a stamina improvement. So, what can I achieve in a year's time?
>>
>>37389192
>convince me to lift
We're not your mommy, anon.
>what can I achieve in a year's time?
More than you ever will compared to not taking initiative now.
>>
>>37389192
Yes
>>
>>37389222
aka i dont know how how much can be acheived in a year
>>
>>37389192
generally 15-30lbs in a year with dieting and beginners gains

after that it starts to slow down
>>
>>37389322
>I lack self-initiative
What are you doing here.
>>
>my current way of life will kill me
Thought this would translate as overweight. I wanna lose weight, get my stamina up via cardio, cardio and weight loss are my primary goals. Lifting will come too, after I've see an improvement in my stamina.
>>
>>37389192
>>37389322
Sorry but there is such huge individual differences that it cannot truly be answered. I'm afraid there's only one way to find out.
That said, one year of consistent efforts and you'll definitely both see and feel the difference. However, please understand that it makes NO SENSE to talk in timeframes like this, because the reality is that you're either training and eating well or you aren't. It's a lifetime thing. It's not like you can achieve your goals and then go back to old habits becaues you'll transform back into old you. It's a lifestyle thing. You're eating well and training or you're not - It's that simple.
But one year of consistent effort goes a long way towards building new healthy habits.

My best advice to you is not to try to turn your life upside down from day 1. Make small suistainable changes to your lifestyle. Babysteps. Not saying it should be easy, but it should be managable. Set yourself up for success rather than failure.
For example, don't say you're going to go to the gym every day right off the bat, because you know that's not going to last. Maybe start out promising yourself to go twice a week. BUT if you do decide to go twice a week, you had damn better make sure that you do go these two times, regardless of what life throws at you.
>>
You can get fluent in 3-4 dank memes and learn how to successfully adapt copypastas to troll your choice of blaha, rich piaƱa, or manlets.
>>
>>37389391

Now that we know where you're starting, we can put together a plan of action.

You could jump right into calorie counting, but I find it easier if your first clean up your diet. Drop all liquid calories - limit yourself to water, coffee, tea, and diet soda. Stop eating candy, stop snacking, take a few weeks to trim those bad habits.

From day 1 you can walk. Depending on just how out of shape you are, start with 15 minutes - add 5 minutes a week until you can walk for 30 minutes without being blown the fuck out.

That should take you about a month - at this point, you're in a primed position to start counting calories. How you manage that is up to you - there are great apps to track what you eat, some people go full autist and keep excel spreadsheets. At this point, try Couch to 5k - it will have you jogging for 30 minutes in 9 weeks.

At that point it's a matter of adding healthful habits every so often while bolstering what you're already doing.

If you do it you'll make it, brah.

I had the same epiphany you did back in January. I've been busting my ass, and I'm in the best shape of my life already - and I've still got a half a year to go even further.

See you next June, buddy.
>>
>>37389432

Thank you. I have no interest whatsoever going back to what I am now if things improve. I am a procrastinating sunuvabitch who just got reality smacked in the face, and I know this prolly get said too many times, but I am ready for another lifestyle, sick and tired of my current one, goals have been set, changes are already afoot, wish me luck.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.