[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
11 people die every year from bench press (fact). Ever drop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
11 people die every year from bench press (fact).

Ever drop a barbell on your face, /fit/?
>>
No, but then again I'm not retarded.
>>
>>37367284
>in professional environment
>3 spotters

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rgYDfporX00

>still died
Wow what a retard, right?
>>
protip: if you do DB bench instead, you'll manage to do more reps because you won't be afraid of killing yourself
>>
>>37367307
He probably died because Russian hospitals suck
>>
>>37367307
holy fucking shit, why would he drop the weight like that?

also
>3 spotters
>"spotters"
>>
>>37367307
Did he really die? He looked fine after it.
>>
>>37367254
Aaron Rodgers is the luckiest man on Earth.
>>
>>37367307
Suicide grip?
>>
>>37367386
>thinking olivia munn is anything higher than a 7
>>
>>37367327
How much weight can you do on DB bench vs barbell? I manage about 85% of the weight on dumbbell
>>
>>37367398

Wanna know how I know you're gay?
>>
>>37367413
Because he gave it to you last night?
>>
>>37367254
I am doing 1 RM without a spot all the time multiple times...
I just always save a bit of strength for safety, i just know my strength level and estimate, and if i am mistaken i am in control so i bring it on my chest and scream help
>>
Are the benefits of barbell benchpressing compared to other chest exercises really THAT good to risk that shit? Or isn't it much more of a male pride peer pressure thing?
>>
>>37367386
Aaron Rogers is a homo

t. bears fan
>>
>>37367438
if you're "saving strength for safety" it's not a 1rm...
>>
File: 1373748380902.jpg (82 KB, 486x409) Image search: [Google]
1373748380902.jpg
82 KB, 486x409
>>37367438
>scream help
>>
File: seinfeldohno.gif (913 KB, 213x168) Image search: [Google]
seinfeldohno.gif
913 KB, 213x168
>>37367254
>Be me, 6'3, 250 lb built-fat clumsy gorilla walking through gym.
>Walking back to locker room after long workout. Practically stumbling from fatigue.
>Only way out of the free weight room is to pass between or around the bench press stations.
>Walk between two stations. Stay clear of the full sized human to my left benching heavy.
>Bump into the edge of the barbell to my right. It knocks the 95 lb barbell completely out of the left hand of the 135 lb, 5'5 brown skinned manlet who was benching with a thumbless grip.
>Barbell crashes instantly down onto his face, landing on his chin.
>He's still holding on with his right hand, so only half of the weight hit hit with effect.
>He racks the weight with some help from his fellow manlet training partner and springs to his feet
>I apologize. He looks away and starts to cry.
>I start to follow him to the corner and then realize he'd rather not have me watch him cry.
>I try to make eye contact with his spotter but he starts backing away from me, terrified. He also has brown skin and doesn't appear to speak English.
>Fuck, what do I do?
>Walk back to locker room. Panicked. Change clothes, leave without showering. What's gonna happen now?
>Come back the next day same time. Manlet is gone. I never see him again. No one from gym management ever brings up the incident.
>Continue training at gym as if nothing ever happened.

That was several years ago and I've always felt horrified that I could have potentially maimed someone, possibly even killed them due to a careless mistake. I've also always been impressed--amazed, even--that he didn't get knocked out from the impact of that 95 barbell landing square on his chin.
>>
>>37367307
Yes, because he obviously couldn't handle the weight and his grip was shit
>>
>>37367716
Good
>>
>>37367379
Not sure if trolling/10.

>>37367348
I was thinking the same thing.
>>
>>37367386
Living a lie is stressful anon. And Psylocke sucked in that movie.
>>
File: 225173.jpg (76 KB, 300x229) Image search: [Google]
225173.jpg
76 KB, 300x229
Not on my face, but I misjudged the weight of a loaded powerlifting bar once and dropped it on my chest port. Got scared as fuck and went to the ER, but it turned out alright
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong but how in the nine hells do you drop it on your head? I thought you were meant to rep bench over nipples?
>>
>>37367254
>About a year ago
>Be me, 5'10 140lb hungry skelly
>Barbell benching alone
>Probably benching about 110
>3rd set, fifth rep, feeling weak
>justdoit.jpg
>bar goes down to chest nice and controlled
>get all the way up
>move bar back to rerack
>somehow misalign the bar
>ohshit.jpg
>arms begin to give out as I try to get the bar racked
>bar dropping slowly as my arms fail, still over my face as I'm trying to rack it
>pressing as hard as I can, bar still dropping very slowly
>bar touches forehead
>ow.jpg
>take some tension out of my right arm, continue pressing with left
>plates fall off of one side of the bar
>2 dudes see this going on and sprint over to help
>I'm sitting up, bar reracked and plates on the ground by the time they get there
>"Are you okay, anon?"
>"Y-yeah, *nervous chuckle*"
>Rerack the plates
>Continue workout, feeling ok, a little lightheaded
>Locker room ~10 minutes later
>See mirror
>1 inch by 3 inch bloody scrape on my forehead, clearly an imprint of a barbell
I hadn't felt the scrape bc adrenaline, and mistook the blood on my forehead for sweat
>>
>>37367410
me too. but i can isolate my chest way better than i could with a barbell.. plus i dont fuck up my shoulders

tip: don't barbell bench press, dumbbells are always better
>>
>>37367457
i think so.. it sounds good to say "i bench 130kg" but other than that i see no "pros" compared to dumbbells
>>
Yes, actually. I was like 13 though and there was hardly any weight on it so it just sort of scraped up my nose. I have trouble breathing through my left nostril, but that incident didn't break anything so it's probably unrelated.
>>
>>37367254
haha mate.
I dropped one as I was doing incline benchpress, had luck it wasn't that much weight and incline.
> wanted to impress a girl
> this girl is actually my gf now
> topkek
>>
>>37367254
She never dropped a barbell on her face. Olivia is a very pretty girl, please stop spreading rumors.
>>
>>37367254
>>37367307

11 people die every year doing mundane shit.
Just don't be a retard and you'll be fine. You have more chances of getting killed by crossing the streets than by bench pressing.
>>
File: 124969840582.gif (856 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
124969840582.gif
856 KB, 320x240
>>37367307

>using suicide grip
>not a retard
>>
I was doing a over head tricep work out a while ago and hit my head after my set with the dumb bell
>>
>>37367254
I smacked my forehead doing a snatch cause I didn't duck under fast enough. Lol
>>
>>37367254
Yes, actually i was maxing out at 185 when i first started lifting without a spot and after it fell straight on my face and leaving a nasty bloody bruise i di another set and went home
>>
>>37367348
He just crushed 4 if not 6 of his ribs, you can't recover from that

Also it seems like he may fucked up some of his organs from that so yeah
>>
>>37367964
While reracking.
>>
>>37367413
Because I'm Aaron Rodgers?
>>
I'd fuck olivia so hard
Too bad she isn't a virgin
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.