[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I went on my first ever run today. Couldn't go on for more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 640x1136
I went on my first ever run today. Couldn't go on for more than like 2 minutes at a time but I kept running as soon as I could breathe again.

What does that thing mean when it feels like a grown man just fucking stomped on your chest?
>>
>>37362017
Do you smoke?
>>
It means you're out of shape.
Keep up the regiment and you'll adapt.
>>
>>37362017
you're doing it right

KEEP IT UP PRIVATE, AND YOU'LL BE GOOD IN NO TIME
>>
>>37362025
Casually. Not a lot.

>>37362033
So taking a few minutes to walk until the feeling goes away is fine?
>>
>>37362047
>Casually. Not a lot.
Should quit etc. you've heard it before.

>So taking a few minutes to walk until the feeling goes away is fine?
It's fine when you start provided you at least try to push yourself hard. If you have DOMS you pushed hard enough. Consider the "40% rule" if you're unsure.
>>
>>37362017
Yeah, I know right? Why can't you run a marathon for your first run? Give up.
>>
>>37362164
...is DOMS and the 40% rule something in the sticky? I have ADD issues and problems with reading huge chunks of text at once.
>>
>>37362532
No but they're in the google, you should manage that.
>>
>>37362017
It means that you're in the anaerobic window.
Basically your heart is beating at a rhythm that is not sustainable for a long time.
As you make progress, running at any given speed will make your heart beat slower and slower because your body will be more efficient (because of a better technique, because of better breathing, because of better oxygen transport in your blood etc), and you will be able to run for longer at this given speed.

The alternative is to find a speed for which you can run a longer time, and increase your speed over time as you make progress. This is way less efficient though. And when you begin, you can't find a pace you can sustain anyway.

Btw, being on and off the anaerobic window is what HIIT is all about. You're doing good.
>>
Check your resting bpm, maybe you were mostly inactive for most of your life and have a weak heart that struggles to keep up with you and getting enough oxygen to your body
My resting bpm is 67 and I'm 19
>>
>>37362017

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
>>
>>37362017
Yeah such is life. Don't go for speed at first it's rather inefficient and your progress will be slow compared to long distance running ,where you'll pick up speed anyway
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.