[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bigger biceps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1459039538074.jpg (33 KB, 629x505) Image search: [Google]
1459039538074.jpg
33 KB, 629x505
What can you do to get bigger biceps?

>inb4 "hurr durr biceps =/= strength

That's a given, and I've been working chest and triceps primarily, and go back to squats and deadlifts once my wrist is a little better.

The point is, I've worked triceps good, they're decently sized and decent strength, but they ride up closer to my shoulder so normal shirts don't expose them as much. But my biceps lack size. I was doing 100 lb e-z curls (iirc) and although that's not super heavy, it's not exactly beginner either. So, what routine can I start doing to increase bicep size, I'm moderately strong, but in some shirts I look dyel.
>>
Do curls at the end of every gym session faggot.
>>
>1.5 pl8 curl
>not heavy

Jesus you estatting fag
>>
>>37356095
Progressive overload, just like any other muscle.

>100 lb e-z curls
Good. Now work towards being able to do that for 4x12 super strict with no swing, slow eccentric, and tensing your triceps in the bottom of each rep.
>>
>>37356355
>100lb
>1.5pl8

the pl8 system so fucking useful but we might have to give it up because of retards like you who can't understand something so simple

pl8=Number of 45lb plates on either side of a 45lb olympic barbell.

1pl8=135
2pl8=225
3pl8=315
4pl8=405
>>
>>37356095
Chin ups. Results will depend on how fat you currently are.
>>
21s helped mine grow
>>
>>37356400
Km not an american so instead of calculating lbs to kg i just cut the nr in half to get e very tough estimate
>>
>>37356470
That still doesn't add up to 1.5 pl8. At all.
>>
>>37356432
Same. My parents both had skinny arms and now mine are decent.

Also several sets of 4X15 helped me.
>>
>>37356505
Since when is an ezbar same weight as an olympic bar?

100lbs is roughly 50kg

So 1pl on one side an anothrr on the other = 40 kg, leaves 10 more. So im sorry 1.25 pl, does that calm your autism?
>>
>>37356548
>using the pl8 system
>counting the bar
>being this much of a faggot
>>
File: 1463934923770.jpg (21 KB, 462x338) Image search: [Google]
1463934923770.jpg
21 KB, 462x338
>>37356396
>>37356432
>>37356519
Thanks. I think my biggest issue was that (generally) go higher wieght, low reps. I'll have to definitely adjust my bicep routine.
>>
>>37356667
Cant into context
sad sad man. Using the weight of bar talking about an ezbar is irrelevant.
>>
>>37356432
just tried these. felt great
>>
>be at planet fitness
>be minority but actually college educated and not a nigger
>no bench press so go to a smith machine
>Mexican emo DYEL on smith machine
me: "hey man how many sets you have left?
Mexican: que?
me: " how many sets do you have?"
Mexican: ehhhh two
Me: oh cool thanks
>decide to go for a 2 mile run and come back to give him enough time
>Mexican still on smith machine
Me: bro its been twenty minutes how many sets are left?
Mexican: what es a set?
Me: forget it minutes do you havr left
Mexican: ehhh twenty
>fuck it I'll just wait for him
>wait and watch him do.his reps going in an inch down
>check my phone and call all the other gyms in the area to save me from planet fitness
>Mexican walks away
me: are you done?
Mexican: si
>mfw he left the weights on the smith machine

I go to a new gym gym now. Fuck planet fitness
>>
>>37356548
what are you even talking about 1 pl8= 135lbs (60kg), 100(45kg) / 135= .75pl8
>>
>>37356840
Planet fitness is a casual gym for beginners, normies, and those just looking to excersise. It's not bad you if don't expect free weights over 75 lbs and no free bench, squat or deadlifting.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.