[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/og/ Oats General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: oats-in-wooden-spoon.jpg (53 KB, 550x339) Image search: [Google]
oats-in-wooden-spoon.jpg
53 KB, 550x339
>>
>100 grams in the morning w/ two servings unflavored whey + strawberries and bananas
>every morning
>>
>>37356081
Don't forget to mix in a scoop of peanut butter.
>>
what to do with oats?

How to make protein shakes? No oats? But shakes?
>>
I h8 oats I've been eating them everyday
>>
>>37356057
perfect weight gainer for me, 150g oats (powdered) + 300 ml milk = 750 cals
>>
I used to eat microwaved oatmeal but recently found out that cold is much better with my flavour of whey.
>>
currently in love with baked oats,good alternative when you get bored of normal oat bowls
>>
>>37356982
you chew oats and spit them out into a glass to drink later
>>
>>37356081
>mixing whey into your oatz
It's always too grainy for me to enjoy, not even grainy in the nice way like tvorog. I always have to have my morning whey in a shake, along with my bowl of OATZ. In general it looks something like:

Shake:
- 1 frozen banana รก la scoobert
- 250ml of milk
- either instant coffee+cocoa powder+cinnamon+nutmeg, or some matcha
- maybe some vanilla extract if I'm feeling fancy
- 40g unflavored whey

Then plain fucking rolled OATZ microwaved until porridge-y in water.
>>
>>37356057
>1 cup of oats, cooked in milk, 40g raisins, 64g peanut butter
>erryday
>>
Nutribullet
50g of oats
60g chocolate whey powder
30g of peanut butter
A banana
400ml of milk

950cal

Gotta drink it fast or all the oat sludge sinks to the bottom.
>>
Anyone else have them plain? Sugar triggers my appetite.
>>
>>37358005
Grind your OATZ dry first, so they're flour. Also gives your shake a mildly gelatinous texture.
>>
>>37358010
Plainbro reporting in here. There's something lovely and subtle about them completely unadulterated.
>>
>>37358143
do you make them with only water/milk and nothing else? salt?

i bake them with dates/molasses, nutmeg, spices and sometimes mix in chia cranberry strawberry jam i made with honey. cold is good, too
>>
Mix in oats and nuts into your scrambled eggs. That or get powdered whey ensure and a couple raw eggs and make a shake.
>>
1/2 cup steel cut oats + 1 tbs of sugar. Still trying to reduce the sugar, but that's where I'm at now. 350 kcal
>>
>>37358864
Also made in a rice cooker. Very easy, but it helps to soak them overnight.
>>
How many grams should I have for breakfast if I want to fill till dinner? Bare in mind I'm up at 8.
>>
I eat them straight from the bag. Like a horse. Throw back some milk with them.
>>
-1 1/2 cup oats
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 egg
-1 cup milk

Enjoy your delicious pancakes.
>>
File: 526d61a8c4b20dbe.jpg (45 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
526d61a8c4b20dbe.jpg
45 KB, 640x640
>>37356057

Do I still have to cook the oats if I put them in a blender? My roommate brought this really sick blender nutribullet and it could help me get nurtured in the morning while still being lazy.

And no this isn't Billy Mays
>>
File: horse-feed.jpg (82 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
horse-feed.jpg
82 KB, 300x400
Who here horse
i eat them uncooked straight outta the package
>>
>>37358129
i appreciate the tip bro
>>
>>37359564
Good if bulking, extra retarded if cutting
>>
any point in eating oats while cutting? like in a shake?
>>
>>37357950
Just mix the oats in the shake. I do that a lot with smoothies, and once blended the oats and banana thrown in cover the texture of the powder.
>>
>>37358143
There's something lovely and subtle about you completely unadulterated, anon.
>>
I typically soak my steel oats in whole milk overnight and eat them throughout the week. I tried using almond milk this time and it tasted kind of off. Regardless, I've found using milk makes me not wanna sweeten them. Tastes pretty good alone. I could never get used to plain oats cooked in water.
>>
i only use steel cut and i basically just cook a huge oats/whey/water shake then i fold them in to some full fat greek yogurt. it makes about 8 servings and i eat them cold throughout the week. tastes just like vanilla pudding.
>>
>>37359755
Why oats bad for cutting? I'm cutting and they're pretty cheap to make so I eat them for breakfast. It's probably no more than 300 calories for a bowl...
>>
Oats, chocolate protein powder, peanut butter, and milk

Mix that shit up, pour it into a pan and put it in the freezer for a few hours. Bam, homemade protein bars. Still working on the ratios to get the texture where I want it though, currently too gooey.
>>
>>37357814
Have always liked that cooked oat flavour.
>>
>>37359564
also horsy, also cutting, tell me why its stupid fit
>>
>>37356057
i soak mine overnight with liquid whey or kefir, then crack a few eggs into it while cooking stovetop
>>
>>37362166
I have found out about making protein bars with that sort of recipe. I haven't found a way to make them not greasy feeling or dry. For me it's either the oats don't get enough liquid, or the whole thing feels greasy. I have found just coating them in dark chocolate while they are greasy is best. If the chocolate is cold it makes a nice hard shell, then you get to the gooey inside that you don't have to touch.
>>
>>37363103
If dry use fattier milk, everything baked with protein is super dry without butter
>>
>>37362136
Oats are fine for cutting, but going horsemode and eating them without cooking them will fill you up a lot less and you'll need to eat at least twice as much to get the same level of satiation
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.