[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swimming for aesthetics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: swim_by_alan1828-d9y7bmz.jpg (80 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
swim_by_alan1828-d9y7bmz.jpg
80 KB, 600x900
My goal isn't to be ripped or buff. Just to be relatively lean and far from skinny fat, as well as have a lot of stamina/a strong heart. I plan to use only swimming to accomplish this.

First ill be cutting so ill be swimming in a deficit a few times a week. I've been told it's advisable to 'take it easy' as swimming can be incredibly draining so I may just focus on breast stroke.

Eventually I do plan on swimming on a surplus once I reach a low enough body fat.

The whole point of this thread: what kind of routine should I do? Any structures I can follow? Or should I just follow my instincts? I wonder whatever happened to the short lived /swim/ general
>>
>>37355627

oh man. sauce on pic
>>
>>37355667
seconding this
>>
>>37355667
Tbh I just found this angel on Google images by chance. No idea who she is sadly. If you ever find out let us know bro
>>
>>37355627
You do realize that swimmers actually do quite a bit of dry-land training right? Which includes some weightlifting/bodyweight work. You want a "swimmers" build you will firstly need the right frame, and do more than just swim.
>>
>>37355627
>dem spread legs

o
fugggggggg
>>
>>37355627
>only swimming to accomplish
nothing, read the sticky faggot and do cardio in off days.
If you're afraid of hitting a gym, >>>/asp/bodyweight (again, without hitting the gym and without reading the fucking sticky you're not really going anywhere in a reasonable amount of months/years)
>>
>>37355667
found http://keepitmetall.deviantart.com/art/SWIM-601644203

but no name for the model fuuuck
>>
>>37355702
>>37355727
Oh so lifting is a must to get lean. Makes sense I guess. I have been doing full body routines at my gym but was wondering if my goals could be reached in a more minimalist (lazier) way haha. Thanks anyway guys
>>
>>37355627
>cutting, swimming in a deficit
>eventually surplus, bulking with swimming
ahahahah oh boy. You have no fucking clue. Swimming isn't a hypertrophy nor a strength training.
>>
>>37355772
Lifting isn't a must to get lean, but it will certainly make you look a lot better at lower bf%. And if I'm right in assuming you are going for something between mid-level and ascended ottermode it is going to be a must.

There are not really "lazier" ways to get to your goal, but there definitely more efficient/faster ones. I would recommend switching from a full-body routine to some type of split. This will shorten each gym session and allow you to do more volume per body-part each week as you will be able to expend more energy, full body can cause people to burn out early in the session and not put their all into later sets, especially if you have shitty newbie conditioning.
>>
>>37355893
Thing is, I can only go to the gym twice a week due to my work. That's the only reason I've chosen a full body routine consisting entirely of the main compound lifts and pull ups. Is this still enough to get results? Ive been told it is but probably not so optimal..
>>
>>37356133
I firstly hope you aren't going back-to-back on weekends, and no, it's not optimal but if you can't get to the gym more than twice a week it's your only option. If you truly only care about aesthetics then you are going to need some isolation work on "show" muscles like shoulders, arms, and chest. If you can integrate dumbbell work without spending 3 hours in the gym you should try that. You can also give supersets and lower intensity/shorter rest compounds if you feel like you need to squeeze more volume into each workout.

What you critically need to know is that more than anything aesthetics take time, if you stick to a plan you are at best going to be ready for summer 2017, not July.
>>
>>37356238
No way, I work 3 12hr shifts a week and basically try to hit the gym with 2-3 days between each session. The days I go to the gym aren't always the same. That's true. I have realistic expectations. I'm about 17% bodyfat right now, have been cutting down to 10%. I hope I can get close to the goal by next year so I can bulk into early 2017.

For isolations I suppose I'll about add curls, side lateral raises and other things.

One last question though, you've been quite helpful. Do I need to really add isolations for this cutting phase I'm currently on? I'll have less energy as a whole anyway. Just wondering if it's still worthwhile and if I should just add the isolations you mentioned in my future bulk next year
>>
>>37356133
>>37356345
2xWeek full body is fine. youll get results. Its literally the same frequency as an U/L

Also, you can always throw in mini workouts at home. Buy bands and you can do a ton of isolation work in like 20 mins
>>
>>37356579
Oh yeah that's actually true! I have one adjustable dumbbell at home too. Out of curiosity how far can you get in terms of looks, just doing the main compound exercises only? Perfect diet too
>>
>>37355627
*slow claps*
*steps out of the shadows*
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...
But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.
And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.
See you on the boards...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.