[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any recent studies that show the pro and cons of intermittent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1464245306531.gif (917 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1464245306531.gif
917 KB, 500x281
Are there any recent studies that show the pro and cons of intermittent fasting?

Is intermittent fasting good for your body?

If there are Benifits, what is the threshold for these benefits? Do I need to fast for a few hours a day or a few days?

General thread on intermittent fasting.
>>
File: 2093980-232702_gal_10_super.jpg (81 KB, 600x867) Image search: [Google]
2093980-232702_gal_10_super.jpg
81 KB, 600x867
>>37354287
Does anyone on /fit/ fast?
>>
It is great for fat loss, but bad for immune strength. I would be using IF, but I'm currently fighting off a gnarly bedbug rn.
>>
It's marginally good for your hormones. It's not good because it can produce gallstones.

Beyond that there's not a lot of research.
>>
IF is only good cause i helps people to not over eat

you can skip breakfast and lunch and have 1 big meal and a smaller meal

>tfw eating 800 calorie meal in the evening and a 1000 calorie meal for dinner
>>
>>37354287
It's helped me break through my plateau really quickly. The first week sucks but if you fill up on water, it's not so bad. Once you get used to your fast, you should start excersising during that period.

>Pros
It works

>Cons
???
>>
>>37354700
wouldnt it be really easy to under eat? and lose muscle?
>>
>>37354287
i have done it for a couple of weeks, it helped on fat loss and restriction of calories, but i get sick of flu ( i haven't been sick in too much time) i think that the fasting fucked up my body defences but i'm not sure.
>>
I've been doing a version of intermittent fasting for quite a while now(about 9ish months) and it's been fine for both cutting and bulking.

I have a pre workout meal sometime around 3 pm, and then I eat the majority of my food between 11pm-2am, going to sleep around 3am.
bulking or cutting just requires changing the caloric density of the food.
>>
I do something like 14/10, eating before I work out at around 2. It makes cutting on a 1,000 calorie deficit extremely easy.
>>
Thanks for the informative responces! I really appreciate it. Im thinking of doing something similar to
>>37354869 with some time adjustments for my schedule. Would you mind sharing your 9 month progress? For comparison purposes?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.