[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm fat, but since i subscribed to the gym about a month
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
I'm fat, but since i subscribed to the gym about a month ago, i've lost 4 kg thanks to a cardio/lifting program.
However, i did not change my diet.
Will i lose weight faster if i consume less calories than my recommended 2050 calories ?
Also, as of today, i decided to stop drinking anything other than water, but what if i drink a soda like once a week. How will the sugar react in my body ?
>>
Yes you will lose weight faster.

Nothing will react? Just don't drink soda at all. Don't consume your calories in liquid.

Gl on not being a lard ass
>>
>>37343034
Yes, eating less will make you lose weight faster. Drinking one soda a week won't do anything except make a small impact on your overall deficit.
>>
>>37343034
It's all about diet. You could sit on your ass all day and lose weight as long as you eat 500kcal less than your tdee. Doesn't matter where those calories come from, but it certainly doesn't hurt to gravitate towards healthier foods for the sake of your well-being.

Keep in mind, your tdee will gradually decrease as you continue to lose weight (unless you become more active). This is where most people fail, claiming they've hit a "weight loss plateau" when they're actually just eating too much/moving too little.
>>
>>37343034
>Will i lose weight faster if i consume less calories than my recommended 2050 calories ?
Yes, the fatter you are, the easier it is to lose weight. Consider dropping at least 500kcals off that if you're obese.

>but what if i drink a soda like once a week
That's fine, just count it in your calories intake for that day. Although a diet soda will do you better.

>How will the sugar react in my body ?
The same way it would react to you eating any other carbs?

Good luck fatso
>>
>>37343262
>>37343224
>>37343145
>>37343092
Thank you all, my friends !
>>
>>37343034
first off, weight? Height? age? iif you eat 500-1000 cals below your sedentary TDEE you'll lose 1-2 lbs a week, but dont try and lose faster thanb that, you'll lose a shitload of muscle (if you have any) and your metabolism will slow down. also make sure to eat at maintenance calories once a week, or every two weeks if your feeling strong. its just so your metabolism doesnt slow down. as for soda, just drink diet if the urge arises.
>>
4kg is pretty drastic for one month.
You should still change your diet to be healthier, but I wouldn't recommend consuming less calories.
>>
>>37343034
Just go full keto, the weight will fall right off
>>
>>37343520
>4kg is pretty drastic for one month.
>You should still change your diet to be healthier, but I wouldn't recommend consuming less calories.
Depends on how fat he is,
at my peak of weight loss I lost 2kgs a week, I was around 125kgs at the time, and the weight on my barbell didn't go down either.
>>
>>37343511
Oh yes of course.
I'm 20, i weight 105 kg (231 lbs) and i'm 1m83 tall (6 ft)
>>
>recommended 2050 cal
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>37343520
I worked really hard the gym, losing 1kg per week, and I'm pretty proud of myself because it's the hardest sport i've ever practised (I also learn boxing btw)
>>
>>37343603
I'm french
>>
>>37343617
Newfag too apparently.
>>
>>37343639
Yes, i don't usually browse /fit/
>>
>>37343034

To preface this, I am 76kg
bench 80 kg 4x5
deadlift 150 kgs 4x4
183 cm tall

I have been lifting casually for around a year with different diets, and thus different results.
I have not been as heavy as you are, so I don't actually know much about weight loss at that scale. These are just my opinions which I compare to my personal anecdotal evidence.

>Will I lose weight faster if i consume less calories

Yes, but I have a gut feeling that it's either not too healthy for you to go lower (in the long run), or that you will have tough challenge mentally doing so. I know if I set my daily intake low, I want to eat all the time. If I'm in a bad mood I will probably get something to eat, thus going far over my TDEE.

>But what if I drink soda once a week

If you really like soda with sugar in it, and it keeps you motivated through your weight loss, I would say go for it (although there are so many other foods I would rather eat than sugary soda if I'm aiming for losing weight) In my experience, clean food gets boring in the long run when you have to prepare it every single day for every single meal.

If your only goal is to lose weight, cutting calories is the best option, and it doesn't matter how you get those calories (pizza, chicken, chocolate, wok, etc etc.) as many other people have mentioned.

I changed my diet a couple months ago so that I would get more protein in my diet (150g or so per day) and I can gladly say that it has improved my gains a fair bit, even though i eat pretty much the same amount of calories.

My advice is that you find the solution that suits you best, either it be eat 2500 calories a day and work out for 2 hours, or sit on your ass all day and eat 1500. Both options will make you lose weight, but the first one will obviously make you gain muscle mass as well and will be better in the long run.
>>
>>37343878

I don't know if this wall of text actually helped at all, however:

A good piece of advice that i rarely see mentioned is that you should get a REALLY good teflon pan. That way you don't have to use oil for anything you make, so you save a lot of calories from the oil you don't consume.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.