[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In terms of Posture, is it possible to get that scapula adduction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: posture.jpg (52 KB, 849x849) Image search: [Google]
posture.jpg
52 KB, 849x849
In terms of Posture, is it possible to get that scapula adduction to be a permanent thing? For example during hte pencil test. Is there a way to have your resting position be where the pencils are pointing directly forward? Or will your shoulders always medially rotate? I am trying to fix the shoulder issues and I am just wondering if obtaining the perfect humeral head in the shoulder girdle is even possible to maintain. Thanks
>>
Ya? Of course its possible because a neutral position is when the pencil will face forward. Neutral position
>>
>>37341500
mine isnt like that at all unfortunately
>>
File: gamer.jpg (750 KB, 1936x1288) Image search: [Google]
gamer.jpg
750 KB, 1936x1288
>>37341450
just a question: are you a gamer? i have managed to fix my left shoulder but because of playing so games on steam my right the shoulder still curls/droops in. also i found the reverse fly helps to open up my back
>>
>>37341719
Yeah I do game a bit but I want to fix these issues, fuck gaming
>>
Face pulls
>>
>>37341765
fuck off this with meme
>>
>>37341788
>meme

Have fun with shit posture for much longer than necessary.

Face pulls are better than whatever you're doing.
>>
>>37341834
My posture is just fine, im telling you that face pulls are a fucking retarded meme. They are superficial muscles.
>>
just do 30 second stretches for every muscle you trained after workout
>>
What's the pencil test?
>>
Stretch pec minor/major + lats

Strengthen external rotators
>>
>>37341841
>superficial muscles
>>
>>37341719
>reverse flY
Do pushups work aswell?
>>
>>37341841
do you know what face pulls are?
>>
>>37341450
The pencil test is a meme. The natural position of the humerus is a slight internal rotation. Your hands will not naturally point directly forward, and there is no point in trying to make them. It's like trying to make your toes point directly forward.
>>
>>37342076
no ofcourse not. Pushups are chest. Reverse fly are upper back.
>>
>>37342012
how do u stretch lats?
>>
>>37342014
>>37342121
Elliot hulse in most videos says facepulls arent good for posture. The corrective supinated deadlifts are.
>>
>>37342346
Nice opinion there you fucking dweeb. GTFO this helpful thread cunt with your bullshit
>>
>>37341841
>lower traps, rhomboids, and posterior delts
>meme muscles that doing affect posture

Uh huh.
>>
>>37341988
Did you even look at the OP picture?
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 256x192
>>37343012
Stand with your feet together, toes facing forward, shoulders back.

Raise your arms laterally until they are pointed vertically over your head straight up. Recruit your traps to pull your shoulders up and elongate the stretch.

Now, slowly lower your left arm to your side just as you raised it, keeping your right arm straight up.

As you bring your left arm down to your side, bend your torso sideways to the left, like you're doing a side crunch. Your right hand should be pointing further and further to the left over head as you stretch. Try to keep your right arm tight, bicep near your right ear. You can turn your head to look at your raised right arm if you like.

You should feel a stretch in your right lat and hips.

Slowly raise your left arm back up laterally to a fully vertical position, bringing your torso back into an upright stance at the same time.

Do the other side now.
>>
I have been working to correct my ATP, and as a result my humeri are less internally rotated. I still have a long way to go, but improvements are noticeable.

My knees hurt now when they never used to though
>>
>>37343046
this
>>
>>37343522
Have a vid on how to do them right?
>>
>>37344938
http://youtu.be/rep-qVOkqgk
>>
>>37344938
>>37346505
http://youtu.be/vFR8ClayjsY
This one is better. Contrary to popular belief, you want to keep your elbows down to avoid shoulder impingement.
>>
>>37346541
Hulse says training the traps is a bad thing because it causes imbalanced for your other upper back muscles.
>>
>>37346622
Hulse is a retard that spazzes out like a baby on massage tables and tells you to breathe through your balls. I'd rather take advice from Bloho
>>
>>37346636
How can you compare blaha to hulse. One has a degree in exercise science and 1 is an autistic fat retard
>>
>>37342014
Facepulls are meme muscles

So much of a meme that you can only train the facepull muscles by doing facepull exercises
>>
>>37346655
hulse is a psuedoscience moron
>>
>>37346731
Most of what he says is studies.
>>
>>37346767
this
>>
>>37346767
breathe through your balls?

sorry, but my PA who has a PHD and did his postdoc in exercise physiology says he's a moron, and i'm willing to listen to him.
>>
>>37348067
Then what does he recommend for posture and fixing it?
>>
>>37343537
which way is it supposed to be?
>>
>>37348680
idiot
>>
>>37341450
If they're not pointing forward meand that your chest if way stronger than your back and shoulder.

Up the volume for back and lower it for chest till it evens out
>>
>>37346505
>Scott Herman

Don't watch this guys videos, a lot of the information he gives is wrong.
>>
>>37352054
source?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.