[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day Anyone here managed to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4
File: cig.jpg (194 KB, 668x528) Image search: [Google]
cig.jpg
194 KB, 668x528
>tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day

Anyone here managed to quit smoking?
>>
>>37332764
Holy man you're gonna die
>>
>>37332794
>implying you're never going to die
>>
>>37332815
OP may die sooner but his legend of 75 ciggys a day will live on forever.
>>
>>37332764

FACKIN 'ELL, MATE!

I quit a 20 a day habit. It was very easy once I made the resolution, because I was, you understand, resolute. Very, very easy.
>>
>>37332764
where do you find the money for 4 packets a day?
that's at least 600€ a month.
>>
>>37332764
Just quit man. Try nicotine gum for a few weeks, then switch over to normal gum. Works like a charm.
>>
kill yourself
>>
>>37332764
It's really easy and hard at the same time. Whenever you crave a cigarette, just don't smoke one.

People say the first days or weeks are hardest, but that's not true.A month or a few months down the line you'll be thinking "well, i got rid of the habit, one can't hurt". That's the cig that'll get you addicted again.
>>
>>37332764
I actually smoked for a year. The only way to quit is if you want to. I remember I just ended up feeling sick all the time from smoking them and I wanted to be fit. So I quit. I rarely even got cravings from it.
>>
>>37333645

That is exactly whats happened to me. 30 a day smoker and I could go 2 weeks without one and then convince myself that one more won't do anything. It then starts all over

I'm on patches atm, feel I don't need them but it apparently doubles your chances of quitting for good so why not.
>>
>>37333645
so true. also
>when ppl you live with smoke
>being drunk
>>
>>37332764
Anyone who smokes is a pussy and anyone who can't quit smoking is an even greater pussy.
>>
>>37334106
Wimp.confirmed
>>
>>37333388
Lol this
>>
get a gf that isn't ok with you smoking

worked for me
>>
Social smoker here.

Will smoke one or two when out with friends, limit it to a couple of times a month though (smoking when out, not going out).

No addiction, no major health effects. Still got great skin, good gains, and can run 5 miles without getting out of breath.
>>
>>37334462
I only date badass girls, normal girls are boring and don't party hard
>>
>>37333645
Same here. I quit. Took me three days to get over it. Few months later, started again. I've been done for a few years now and I still get cravings, but I manage it by not being a pussy.
>>
>>37334503
same here bruh, feels good
>>
>>37334591
No you don't I smoked 2 packs a day for 12 years and I quit a year ago and never get cravings. You only get cravings for the first few weeks than they're gone
>>
>>37334503
>smoking just to look cool in front of people

stop being a poser kiddo
>>
>>37334893
I see people do that all the time Its pathetic, if you're going to smoke smoke like all the time not just when people are around so you get the bad boy image
>>
>>37332764
>Anyone here managed to quit smoking?

Yes.

You probably also want to know how?
Well... I had some problems with some allergies earlier this year and my lung was fucked anyways, so I stoped for 2-3 weeks. Realized I don't miss it enough to spend that much money and fuck my body that bad... works quite well and with every day (2+ month now) the motivation gets bigger.
Strange thing is: before I really started I was a party smoker for many years. I would actually like to go back to that because a cigarette now and then is really great. Still afraid that I would start to smoke a lot again...
>>
>>37335127
Why only smoke once in a while when you can smoke and feel great all the time?
>>
>>37332764

I quit cold turkey.

I felt like shit for a few days and had to eat a fuckload of sugar free mints, but I felt a little better each day after that initial 3 day period.

My secret was that I knew if I had even a single smoke, I'd have to go through those horrible 3 days all over again, and that motivated me enough to not smoke anymore.

Been 3 years now. The craving comes up sometimes, but honestly giving up processed sugar and take away was worse. I don't know how that's more addictive but you never really stop craving the shit.

Also, smoking a generally rude as fuck if you're surrounded by non smokers. It makes you seem anti social when you walk off to have one, and non / ex smokers will always smell it on you and be disgusted by it.

Something no one mentions is that when your taste and smell start working properly again, you can't smell and taste the inside of your nose and mouth. Mucus and all. It's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>37335361
Can* smell the inside of your nose and mouth. Sorry, typing on my phone
>>
>>37333455
fuck the money where do you find the time
>>
>>37335217
Well, does it feel great all the time?
I COULD smoke all the time. But I don't have to.
For example I went on vacation with the gf last week. After 6 hours of driving the very first thing was to go out of the house, sit down in the nature and have a beer. It would really have been great to smoke a cigarette with that. Just that feeling, that view over the mountains, that relieve after such a long drive... I want to go back to just smoking in such situations. Still, motivation after not smoking for some time is too big.
Not like a cigarette now and then is going to kill you faster than our fucked up air will do anyways...
>>
File: 1463878077483.jpg (56 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1463878077483.jpg
56 KB, 450x450
Used to smoke all the time. Tried and over and over to quit.
>Finally get a gf
>need to make dick gains asap
>quit smoking to get better circulation
Next thing I knew, cigs tasted and smelled horrendous to me. Permanently.
Its really not that hard.. trust me.
Oh and one more thing
Cigarettes are loaded to the heezay with carcinogens which fuck your DNA up with every puff. Thats why you develop cancer, because your genes are fucked to oblivion by the thousands of chemicals in every puff.
>>
1440 minutes in a day

assuming you sleep 8 hours a night that's 480 minutes

1440 - 480 = 960 minutes spent awake

960/75 = 12.8

you smoke 1 cigarette every 13 minutes
>>
I used to smoke years ago in college, one day I drank too much beer and I was spinning out, I decide a cig might calm my nerves a bit instead I puked immediately and all I could taste was cigarette. Every cig I puffed tasted like puke so thats one way to put one off.
>>
>>37333645
Everyone is different. I smoked a little less than half a pack for 2 years and decided to quit. Didn't smoke for a month, then smoked a couple cigs one weekend, didn't smoke again for a few weeks, then smoke one randomly, havent had one in maybe a couple weeks again now.
>>
>>37333455
>600€
that equals 666$ a month its a sign. even if you quit chances are your smoking is already gonna kill you soon.
hahaha!
>>
>>37333567
He's trying to
>>
>>37335609
considering it takes, say, 5 minutes to smoke each cigarette, OP spends 8 minutes without a cigarette until he starts another one
>>
>>37336195
sensible kek
>>
how did you start smoking /fit/?
at what age?
by your own will or by peer pressure?
have you ever pressured anyone into smoking?
do you regret smoking/having smoked?
>>
>>37336314
>how did you start smoking /fit/?
at a party
>at what age?
>by your own will or by peer pressure?
own will, but fomo played a part
>have you ever pressured anyone into smoking?
lol no
>do you regret smoking/having smoked?
kinda now that i'm 22 and i still smoke all the time when i'm drunk, gonna stop drinking actually for a month or two and see if life gets any better
>>
>>37332764
Just a casual lurker but yeah, I quit. You need to pin point your reason for quitting. For me it was that I don't want to die earlier. I don't want to hear the words "you have stage four cancer" or have a heart attack or develop copd or some shit. All the ways to go from smoking are fucking terrifying.

So once I pinned the my motivators, every time I lit up I just started asking myself if -this- was the cigarette that was going to do it. Set off the cancer switch or cause me to go into cardiac arrest. Doing that caused me to really visualize the tobacco induced dying process and I quit within a week or so. But I was only doing a pack a day. Bought an ecig and tapered off with that.

Maybe switch to ultra light shorts and ecig then supplement your fixation in other ways like chewing gum or carrots during mild cravings. Good luck, OP
>>
File: 34373464.jpg (158 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
34373464.jpg
158 KB, 500x377
>>
>>37335401
No kidding!

OP, I would fire your ass in a heartbeat if you took all those breaks on the clock.
>>
>>37332764
just get a vape, helped to a lot of people I know
>>
running from cops, thought a cig might calm my nerves; paid in cash so cops couldn't trace the transaction; pronounced "Marlboro" phonetically like a non-smoker faggot when buying a pack at the gas station
>at what age?
24 I think
what do you think?
never, but I heard some anon doing just that a couple weekends ago and wanted to rip the balls right out from under that faggot
I don't know, I only have a cigarette every third day or so when I need to calm my nerves; I still feel like I am addicted because I've been doing this for a couple years and can't seem to stop
>>
quit cold turkey.

was leaving work one day waiting for the bus. my chest started hurting really bad, so i just threw the pack in the trash along with the lighter.

didn't even finish the cigarette i was having.

first week was ABSOLUTE HELL, could not think about anything but smoking.

Been about almost 2 months free. Feel great. No more sore throat and my chest doesn't hurt anymore.

t. 2 year smoker, 2 packs a day.
>>
It's not over, anon. I went somewhere near 4 months without one and now I'm back to where I started.
>>
>>37332764
wow even i did smoke the worst was probably half a pack a day
god damn man
>75 cigs a day
>5 minutes per a cig
>75x5=375 minutes a day
>375/60=6.25 hours a day/ 6 hours and 15 minutes a day
god damn son you smoking for a 1/3 of the fuckign day
>>
I just smoke smooth additive free organic tobacco.
>>
>>37336238
absolutely disgusting. get your life together op
>>
>>37332764
Are you rich or something? 20 cigs is like $12 here in NY.
>>
Just bought a pack. I drink a lot so whenever I'm drunk I get super antsy until I have a cig making it hard as fuck to quit
>>
File: cancer.png (225 KB, 772x433) Image search: [Google]
cancer.png
225 KB, 772x433
Enjoy your radioactive isotopes of cadmium and other heavy metals deposited right into your lung tissue.
>>
>>37332764
Gross breh
>>
>>37332764
Feel the need to smoke and are trying to quit? Do 10 pushups. Still feel the need? Do ten more. Repeat until satisfied
>>
>>37334893
>>37335217

Fucking retards. Condemning someone for not smoking. Die of lung cancer you fucks.
>>
>>37336624
>ABSOLUTE HELL
brah help me, I'm going through that hell right this moment.

It's fucking with my head, I've been clean 4 months and didn't really have a problem for long until just this recently. It's definitely got to do with depression, some chemistry in my brain is fogging my rational mind into wanting just that ONE cig, even when I know all of it's negative effects. This intense craving has been popping up a few times for the past week and it's hard to suppress it when shit in my life is happening.

>>37336645
I'm so close being you, how is it? Regrets?
>>
>>37334503

Same. I'll smoke like 5 cigs a month.
>>
>>37334093
Fucking this forever. I quit smoking by vaping (le tip) but when I drink and someone's smoking I always bum a few.

Still better than all I did was smoke but still shitty
>>
>>37332764
>75 cigarettes a day
wew lad. I was on my way to chain smoking few years ago, but now I just smoke a few cigarettes a day and vape between them
>>
>>37336314
got curious and I always liked the smell. started smoking every time I was home alone at first.
>at what age?
own will
no
not yet
>>
>>37332764
>Start smoking for a month or two I was 14 because I gave into peer pressure like they were offering me gold
>Friend that supplied me cigarettes, moved away from him
>Didn't touch a cigarette for a year and a half
>No negative effects

I still smoke like two cigarettes a month and to this day nothing is happening. Explain.
>>
>>37340692
>I still smoke like two cigarettes a month and to this day nothing is happening
what do you think should happen?
>>
>>37332764
nonsmoker here, smoked one cigarette when drunk. immediately after i finished, i craved another cigarette although it tasted like shit. cigarettes are the devil
>>
>>37334893
Actually no, I just like the sensation.

On that note, I've never understood why non-smokers condemn people for "smoking just to look cool! What idiots!" because I've never, ever, known a smoker to think it looks "cool".

Quite the opposite - most smokers think/know it looks disgusting and are mildly embarrassed by it. This is increasing in the younger generations too. Kids in high school nowadays largely view smoking as a disgusting taboo. Plenty still do it of course, but the idea it is "cool" is such a dated concept.
>>
>>37332764
Hot damnn nigga, I smoke 4, 5 tops and I still hate myself. You just made me feel better, thanks homie
>>
>>37338225
Kek
>>
>>37332764
Recently quit here after being a 10 year smoker

Not going to lie there's no easy way to do it Vaping is shit, Nicotine replacement is shit you have to go cold turkey and it is hell but if you're not a weakling you'll make it oh and btw I don't know if the cravings ever end it's been a month since I had a cig and I still crave all the time, I think you'll never really feel like a non-smoker again just an ex-smoker..
>>
>>37342217
I smoked for 10 years as well. Stopped two years, had small relapse but realized how much i hated about smoking and didnt gain any pleasure from it anymore. Now last cig is over one year ago. No craving for it anymore.

Had some dreams where i was again smoking and hatin myself for it. Took me some time to realize that everything is fine after waking up. Anyone else did this?
>>
>>37342274
No but I'm having terrible withdrawal symptoms felt dizzy constantly for the whole first week and right now my throat feels like shit paranoid I have throat cancer now desu famalan
>>
>>37342298
Had the same experience. Feeling dizy, sweating, paranoia about cancer as well. It gets better over time. And cravings are getting rarer until they disappear. Hang in there
>>
>>37342399
I find it wierd how the paranoia intensifies when you quit, but the majority of the time I smoked I didn't think about it at all really
>>
75 a day wtf m8
>>
Maybe he smokes one big cigarette made of 75 cigarettes once a day.
>>
>>37342449
Lolol
>>
>>37341069
Yeah smoking is so fucking not cool these days and the argument that people do it to be cool is stupid. Maybe a couple of decades ago but now most of society hates smoking. You feel like a lepper if you need to light up and nobody you're with smokes.
>>
>>37342416
I think that is understandable though. When i was smoking i thought fuck it i dont care about cancer because if i acknowledge it i wouldnt continue. Only now with some distance we panic a little bit.

>Develope a weird lump iinside my mouth after i stopped smoking
>ohshit.jpg
>it is cancer, i know it
>i am gonna die, or get deformed in my face or some shit
>its gone now
>>
>>37342482
I feel like a badass when I'm with people and I'm the only one going out or smokes
>>
I'm down to 10 cigs a week. At that rate, is it still bad for you?
>>
>>37342992
10 a week is nothing its when you're smoking 20 or more a day that it will affect you
>>
VAPE
A
P
E
>>
>>37336314
>At a party
>16
>My own will
>Just to fuck with them
>Not really
>>
SNUS
N
U
S
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.