[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a skellington, would working out in a gym help me or damage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: gym-skeleton-e1408530105125[1].jpg (59 KB, 467x422) Image search: [Google]
gym-skeleton-e1408530105125[1].jpg
59 KB, 467x422
As a skellington, would working out in a gym help me or damage me further?
My issue is appetite and I know that you must eat big to get big. Would lifting heavy objects against the will of gravity fix that?
Could any fellow auschwitz survivor share his experience?
>>
lift heavy shit and eat everything faggot
>>
>>37332550
>eat everything
pretty much that op, exercise the best way you can (even if just running), get lost of sun light and fresh air (dunno why but it helps getting an appetite, if you leave near a park or a forest go jog for a bit there). once hungry eat as much as you can (as cleanly as you can too, no need for store-bought/doritos style garbage) as fast as you can (so you dont lose the appetite mid food intake).
once you put on some pounds, hit the iron hard
gl

>t. former auschwitz skely
>>
>>37332910
Thanks anon, I guess I will hold off the gym until I get some actual kilos on.
>>
>>37333124
What? No one said hold off on the gym
The sooner you start the sooner you'll be strong
>>
>>37333124
just like >>37333187 said, going to a gym has nothing to do with what i said, do go (skellington mode has very low gains but strength and endurance will go up, you will be more motivated to continue and as a result happier)
i just said what worked best for me to get to eat more than i normally do

every time i look in the mirror, i can still see that dyel faggot hiding behind the layers. his camouflage is getting better with time though

>>The sooner you start the sooner you'll be strong

gl anon
>>
Thanks lads, may I never see this skellington again.
>>
>>37333124
You've got to eat everything to gain weight. Count calories, if you didn't hit your goal, you aren't allowed to sleep to you do.

Going to the gym helps make sure that that weight isn't all fat.
>>
Another skelly here.
5' 10.5"
120lb
6.5% bodyfat

Do I have to bulk up or can I just work out a lot to stop looking like a pile of bones covered in skin?
>>
>>37332442
It doesn't fucking matter if you don't want to eat. You do it anyway.
>>
>>37334075
How are you alive?
>>
Former skelly here.
You must lift, but you won't make gains if you don't eat more than you are comfortable with.
You already know that you should be putting a lot of effort into lifting, but you also need to know that, until your body type is changed completely, you should put as much effort into eating more as you do when you lift.
You eat that last spoonful like it's your last rep, I don't care how full you think you are.
I believe in you, hungry skeleton.
>>
>>37334134
I don't eat pretty often, I'm pretty lazy and sometimes I just skip meals and wait until the morning to eat if I'm too lazy
>>
>>37332442
current skelly

started to go to gym for the past 2 weeks, i already started to feel the need to eat more, before I was not hungry after gym, now I am... just start going to gym the rest will follow
>>
>>37332442
i used to think you had to eat a lot, now i just make sure to eat two big meals a day, a decent snack and two scoops of my gainer, funny thing is i had to cut back my eating cause i was gaining two pounds a week

so as long as you're patient its actually pretty easy to gain
>>
>>37334075
You might want to cut. 5% is the perfect bodyfat level
>>
If you push yourself enough you'll start feeling hungry after like a week of lifting everyday. It'll be filled quickly though, so make sure you eat enough once you start eating.
>>
I went to the gym once. Tried to bench press 120lbs. Figured I'd start there and adjust accordingly.
I couldn't lift it.
Dropped it down to 100.
Still doesn't budge.
Took all the weights off.
Couldn't lift the bar.
Too weak to work out.
What do I do
>>
>>37334481
OP here
This is my worst fear.
The embarrassment will be real.
>>
>>37334481
>>37334514
Just lift what you can, even if its very light. You should focus on form and slowly increase the amount of weight you lift each time.
>>
>>37334481
Bodyweight bench. I even had to do it with deadlift.
>>
OP, listen up you faggot.

I was skinnier than you once. "But I didn't post a picture, how do you know?". Trust me. I was.

I still find it hard to eat enough, but it's coming.

I'm out of Auschwitz mode, and while still not in beast mode, I'm certainly not a skinny guy anymore.

Two simple things -

1. Eat enough. Look up body building diets. I recommend Arnold's Blueprint To Mass (the Diet section NOT the workout, it's way too advanced for a beginner). It's not as hard as you think if you eat the right things. Tasty and cheap too assuming you're not a moron.

2. Lift. Fuck being to skinny/weak to lift. Start sooner rather than later with a basic 5x5 strength building routine. Nail you form, up the weight. Most will recommend Stronglifts or Starting Strength or variants thereof. They're all largely the same. Basic, compound movements.

That's it. Simple really.

The biggest obstacle is your own brain. You've obviously already lined yourself up for failure with shit like >>37334514.
>>
appetite isnt something that is set in stone, it will adjust over time

i went from never being hungry and finding bulking impossible to constantly being hungry and having to worry about getting too fat

just find food you enjoy eating and force yourself to eat lots

i would get burgers from mcdonalds

and dont be scared of getting fat, rustles my jimmies, i have an auschwitz friend who constantly complains about being skinny but all he wants to eat is chicken, fish and broccoli

no fucking shit youre skinny, youre barely eating anything and the shit youre eating is low calorie
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.