[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SS - 3x5 Weighted Chinups or nonweighted 3XF?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Happy-Sad-Frog-08.png (78 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
Happy-Sad-Frog-08.png
78 KB, 412x351
SS - 3x5 Weighted Chinups or nonweighted 3XF?
>>
3x5 weighted chin ups is a fun movement where you can move a lot of weight
>>
>>37331945
I could do like 25lbs weighted chinups but only like 7.5lbs pullups.
>>
Sort of related, but I stalled on my weighted pullups, then switched to 3 x F bodyweight for a few weeks, and I just switched back to weighted with good results.

Just do whatever works for you.
>>
>>37331928
3x5 weighted.

Not even up for debate.
>>37331998
50pullups.com

But for training purposes, 3x5 weighted
>>
>>37331928
just do some sets of weighted dips then when you cant do too many drop down to bodyweight. it makes for a good start to backday. plus you can rep out after the weighted ones and your body feels super light and you fly up the bar and all the soccer team babes will mire your thick sweaty alpha lats
>>
>>37331945
>>37332389
Do you even warmup for the 3x5 weighted chinup sets?
>>
>>37331998
>what's periodization
>>
>>37333825
I dont
>>
File: Untitled.png (62 KB, 889x883) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
62 KB, 889x883
>>37332389
>50pullups.com
Do you guys actualy read what you post?
>>
>>37333833
its when grils bleed oot their butts
>>
>>37333825
Yes.

Start with a jumping chin up or five (the kind where you cheat your way to the top with momentum from a jump)

Then maybe a skin the cat, just to get loosey goosey, then a couple bodyweight chin ups (not enough to fatigue, you want to stay as fresh as possible)

Then depending on how much weight you are moving, a warm up set with partial weight, or just dive right in to your worksets.

So like if you do a 40lb chin, maybe do a 20-25lb chin up for like 2 or 3 reps.

Then rest enough to hit your 3x5x40lb
>>
>>37333853
That shit is copying the rep ranges from 2 weeks ahead.
Skip to the next page and you will see what i mean.

I never noticed before because i never could only do 4 pull ups...
>>
>>37333887
>all this complicated shit
>>
>>37333921
Its jumping up with a bar in your hands.

Then doing a couple chins

Then doing 3x5 weighted.

Sorry that seems complicated....
>>
>>37333887
Tryhard.
>>
File: juggernaut-boucher.png (76 KB, 801x777) Image search: [Google]
juggernaut-boucher.png
76 KB, 801x777
>>37333906
Sorry, I didn't mean to be a cunt. But they follow the Prilepin's chart or something very close to it. If anyone want to devise their own program, do the following:
1. Figure out your max number of reps (MAX).
2. Multiply your MAX by 2.5x. This should be your VOLUME.
3. Divide your MAX by 2, that should be you REP RANGE.
4. Divide your VOLUME by your REP RANGE. This should be the number of sets.

For example.
MAX = 8 reps (to failure).
VOLUME = 20 reps.
REP RANGE = 4 reps.
SETS = 5.
So, if your max is 8 reps, do 5 sets of 4. Retest once every two weeks, by picking a day and trying a new max. Just do the last set to failure, this should be your new training max, and just redo the math like the above.

But if I had weights and a belt, I'd probably do something like pic related.
>>
>>37333987
>So, if your max is 8 reps, do 5 sets of 4. Retest once every two weeks, by picking a day and trying a new max.
Forgot to say. Since this isn't a high intensity program, you could probably do 3 sessions a week and not feel burned down.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.