[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much am I missing out on by replacing Power Cleans with Pendlay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (453 KB, 1074x1071) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
453 KB, 1074x1071
How much am I missing out on by replacing Power Cleans with Pendlay Rows for SS?
>>
>>37330676

>2016
>not doing both

You'll never make it.
>>
>>37330684
Not a big fan of Power Memes. Don't want to fuck my shit up.
>>
Do Snatch Grip DLs instead
>>
>>37330676
A lot desu. The whole power cleans are hard is a meme, just watch a vid on jewtube.
>>
>>37330828

You won't fuck your shit up if you do it correctly, dingus.
>>
>>37331345
Not OP but I am the same way. I've done them before and watch videos.

How much weight should I be doing if I am novice?

Deadlift: 260lbs x 5
Squat: 135 x 5
Bench: 165 x 5
The Press: 105 x 5
>>
>>37331392

Start small until you're comfortable with the movements. I'd start out with the 15lbs plates (75lbs total) and then ad 5 lbs each day you do them. Rushing weight is what gets people hurt and not the lift itself. I've been incorporating them into my routine and they've helped a lot of my other lifts.
>>
Absolutely nothing. Thats what SS used to be.
>>
if you're trying to train for some sort of team sport: you're missing on power development and the foundation for other lifts
if you just wanna get strong or whatever else you're doing, you dont need power cleans
>>
>>37331392
I did exactly as >>37331527 says when I started doing them. They'll give you sweet trap-doms even with low weight.

>>37330676
Power Cleans are by far the most fun exercise for me in the gym. I really look forward to mondays as that's when i do them
>>
>>37330676
Do some heavy db rows
Way better for lats
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.