[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you run properly? Today an old guy stopped me while I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: sonic.jpg (408 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
sonic.jpg
408 KB, 1500x1500
How do you run properly? Today an old guy stopped me while I was running and corrected me, he may have been right saying his was the right way to do it, but I last much less that way while he said it should've been much easier
>>
>>37327036

like naruto, with your arms etxended right behind you, bent over.

it helps with aerodynamics and is the fastest possible way to run. it's what all the olympians do for an extra burst of speed at the end of any race
>>
>>37327058
That's true. My friend and I have been doing it for the past 5 years and not only does it help keep us in shape, it works out your core and makes you a lot faster. It gets rid of a lot of air resistance, which makes your legs work less to go faster. So push yourself when it becomes easy and you'll easily come close, if not surpass, many records.
>>
http://scoobysworkshop.com/efficient-running-technique/
>>
File: photo_2016-05-24_15-15-48.jpg (25 KB, 511x601) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-05-24_15-15-48.jpg
25 KB, 511x601
>>37327058
>>37327077
Come on guys I'm not an autist
>>
>>37327094
>on 4chan
>posts Sanic
>not an autist
You're fooling no one.
>>
>>37327148
I only posted it because I didn't know what pic use and Sanic = running
>>
Make sure you land either on the front of your foot or the middle of it (don't heelstrike)
Think of your feet like springs, with your legs doing most of the work
Lean forward slightly, this will happen naturally after awhile
Make sure your feet are landing directly beneath you
Squat
>>
>>37327164
So the old guy was right
It is so painful though, I will have to get used to it
>>
>>37327036
Run anon, Run. You need to go faster. I believe in you.
>>
File: 221.jpg (28 KB, 600x346) Image search: [Google]
221.jpg
28 KB, 600x346
>>37327162
>>
>>37327164
Also relax your shoulders. I see so many people with their shoulders bunched up.
>>
>>37327164
>>37327036
Also:
>Land softly, don't bang all your weight down
>Pull shoulders back and push chest out, it helps the lungs
>Run tall, keep core activated

And focus on rythmic breathing. Good luck.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.