[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Started (seriously) lifting and eating well in early December.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 6months.jpg (49 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
6months.jpg
49 KB, 850x400
Started (seriously) lifting and eating well in early December. Despite falling off the wagon a few times, I've been fairly consistent.. have I made gains or am I a delusional fuck?

Gonna keep going ofc. Haven't lifted in two weeks because of a spinal injury! Just recovered, finally getting back into it. Would love to hear anything about my before and after.
>>
>>37326538
btw:

>first pic

>second pic

I'm 6'2". I went from 197 to 171 to now at 179.
>>
>>37326538
Looks more like you got a tan and stood closer to the mirror when you took the second picture.
Has your weight changed? What are your lifts? Are you actually "seriously" lifting, if so what program are you doing?
>>
Eh
>>
>>37326538
>am I a delusional fuck?
This.
>>
>>37326556
see >>37326543
i stood the same distance away from the mirror. I don't follow a particular program. I just do compounds and some isolation.
>>
>>37326570
thanks
>>
>>37326586
Honestly lad, I'd start on a beginner compound program, like SS or SL, with some accessories such as pullups or dips.

Apart from the fact they tend to be a great way to make noob gains and linear progression with strength, you'll know you're making gains as your numbers go up significantly.
>>
>>37326538
Let me resume: You started lifting six months ago, you made aesthetically no progress, and you managed to get a spinal injury. Well done, OP!
>>
>>37326538
this is like a 3-4 weeks ...
>>
>>37326538
ideal weight for 6'2 male is 171 - 209 lbs.

you say you're 179? keep cutting down to 170. once you hit that, bulk like you've never bulked before broski. hit that 210lb mark and lift consistently and YOU WILL SEE PROGRESS

remember. you actually have to eat. this is not a fucking meme. eat big to get big.
>>
>>37326586

Follow a program. You should be making some kind of linear progress. As a beginner, it's better to try a program that is tried and true instead of just doing some compounds and isolation.

What is your diet like?
>>
>>37326543
>I'm 6'2". I went from 197 to 171 to now at 179.
>am I delusional
Well senpai, the scale doesn't lie now does it? You do look like you've lost a a little bit of chub. Doesn't really look like you've lost 26 lbs but you're pretty tall so it's possible. But as far as gains go no, you can't make gains in a caloric deficit. The fact that you've lost weight means that you've been eating under maintanence so if you want to put on muscle you need to start eating more. Shitty progress for 1 year desu but use that to encourage yourself. Learn from the past year and don't make the same mistakes this year. Eat more, lift hard, stay in the 8-12 rep range, keep consistant and you'll make in mane.
>>
Looks like you fell off the wagon more then a few times, friend
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.