[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to become flexible as fuck to improve in acrobacies apparently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: cancanchu.jpg (427 KB, 640x914) Image search: [Google]
cancanchu.jpg
427 KB, 640x914
I want to become flexible as fuck to improve in acrobacies

apparently stretching 10 minutes a day isnt enough

if you are flexible please spare a light on the subject/share training plans, etc.
>>
>>37323965
stretch dynamically while doing warmups
stretch statically while doing warmdowns
google those terms if you don't know them
do the same stretches every day even if you're not working out
progressively stretch more and more each time
>>
bump for interest
>>
I'd recommend getting into yoga if it's something that's available to you, my flexibility gainz have gone through the roof
>>
>>37325657
Can confirm, took yoga for a summer class and got me mad flex gainz. Was able to touch my palm to the ground and more in 2-3 months.
>>
>>37323965

http://phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html

http://phraktured.net/molding-mobility.html
>>
>>37325657
>>37325985

What's the difference between going to an actual class and just doing one of these 30 minutes yoga dvds?
>>
>>37325996
these are nice even if you do only the first one. the more often you stretch the better you become. it's not as easy to overtrain as strength work but it's still possible
>>
>>37325997
Nothing if it's a decent dvd
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN-FPh7r1yg
>>
>>37323965
My greatest flexibility (legs-wise, shoulders were always shit) was when I learned taekwondo.
warm up was as follows-
>light running
>going through some kicks (medium hight)
>doing some intense cardio drill (sprinting to pushups to sprints to jump rope, shit was competative
>get nice and sweaty in those warm suits
only then would we go through stretching, sometimes individually, sometimes helping each other (back against the wall standing on one leg, partner pushing your leg up)
there a lot of "confuse the muscle" bullshit. would not recommend it.
now all I do is warm up and practice the high kicks. haven't stretched statically in years, and my kicks haven't lost highet.
tl;dr:
>literally warm up
>stretch really hard.
>more than ten minutes over all
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.