[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /fit/, I've been working out for a few months and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: anatomy pic.jpg (207 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
anatomy pic.jpg
207 KB, 1300x1300
Hello /fit/,

I've been working out for a few months and I'm progressing nicely with my compound lifts.

I do notice I have difficulty with keeping my core braced sometimes during the compound lifts.

And in a few months I'm planning to start a cut as well. I know compounds train the core too, but I was wondering what kind of exercises /fit/ does for the core and if you've noticed results over time.

Currently I am doing a few sets with the ab-roller every week.

So, what do you all do?
>>
>>37315338
Leg raises and back extensions/GHR. They should be in your program by now if you are a few months down the road. What program are you doing?
>>
>>37315360
This. I felt weak in the core as well and 2 weeks after doing leg raises my core started feeling so much stronger
>>
I've read in many articles that planks are the best thing you can do for full core strength. Over time, upgrade to elevated planks then put weights on your back.

Best luck anon.
>>
>>37315360

I'm doing upper body / lower body split 4 times per week. I did SS for a month to get the form down and weights up, but doing all compounds on the same day didn't work for me.
Currently enjoying this routine and seeing good results strength wise.

Thanks for the advice, will add leg raises and back extensions

>>37315403

Yeah, I'm going to give planks a shot too. I am fucking lazy with planks the times I did it before. Doing reps is easier for me than simply sitting in a stressfull position for a long period of time haha
>>
>>37315338
Sit ups get a lot of hate but they work

Hold a dumbbell on your chest for increased gains
>>
>>37315338
idgaf about abs they get trained automatically by compounds

what I wanna know is how to train serratus on upper sides of the abs because they make your core look GOAT
>>
>>37315338
ab pulldowns or ab wheel + leg raises
>>
Pole dancing, nothing trains the core as well, dragons flags are used as part of the warm up
>>
>>37315610
Dips and side bends.
>>
Is it worth investing in a kettle bell for core exercises when I already own a set of dumb bells (currently at 35lbs each, but soon moving up to 40)?
>>
>>37315662
Pole vaulting trains it better.
You run up stairs in a hand stand as part of the warm up.
>>
>>37315610
>what I wanna know is how to train serratus on upper sides of the abs because they make your core look GOAT

Do the Steinborn lift.
>>
File: steinborn.png (6 KB, 661x56) Image search: [Google]
steinborn.png
6 KB, 661x56
>>37315892
>pic related
>>37315734
>dips
I heard its on all the push movements as long as you lock out, is the dips more of a serratus hitter? (it is easier to lock out dips)
>side bends
abs

also found this vid if anyone cares about the GOAT torso muscle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URhP3tUogDw
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.