[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are there any bean experts here on fit? what are the tastiests
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 20160106-beans-vicky-wasik-1[1].jpg (364 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
20160106-beans-vicky-wasik-1[1].jpg
364 KB, 1500x1125
are there any bean experts here on fit?

what are the tastiests beans. i bought some broad beans and after cooking for 2 hours they taste kind of meh and are still a bit crunchy.

gonna try black beans next, hope those will be better.

also what beans are most nutritious?
>>
File: GKWZ6Xn.jpg (222 KB, 1241x1600) Image search: [Google]
GKWZ6Xn.jpg
222 KB, 1241x1600
>>37303505
>>
>>37303505

yeah right here famalam
>>
black beans are the tastiest I've had
pinto are completely tasteless
>>
You remembered to soak them for 10-12 hours before boiling, right?
>>
File: subbbbbs.jpg (82 KB, 672x412) Image search: [Google]
subbbbbs.jpg
82 KB, 672x412
>>37303505
Build Wall.

>boom
>>
>>37303505
>and are still a bit crunchy
>>>ck
Return when you're done being a pleb.
>>
beans for dummies:

black/pinto/kidney -> mexican, tex-mex

white/navy/cannelini -> italian

chickpeas/lentils/split peas/kidney -> indian, tex-mex

black eyed peas -> southern US, cajun
>>
Make falafel out of chickpeas. You won't regret it.
>>
>>37303505
that's odd, how were you cooking them?

I've found that most legumes are, more or less, interchangeable, the most important factors being
>how much time you have to cook
>what is available at your grocery store
you're going to prepare currys, soups, chilis... the beans will provide a taste, texture, and nutritional base, but all beans will be meh if you eat them on their own.

if you want quick, easy, and with slightly more proteins, look into lentils.
throw those in a pot with onion, mushrooms, and whatever other vegetables you have, add some spices (minimum base: curry mix, black pepper, chilies, and you can do a lot better than that), enough water to cover, cook for 20 minutes (more if it's too watery).
>>
>>37303505
You have to soak the beans overnight man. Black beans are my favorite. Also it's all about the spices yu add. I use aromatics like cilantro and garlic. I place then in mostly whole except the garlic I remove the paper from the cloves obviously. I also add a pinch of salt. After cooking I remove the aromatics and distribute the beans into different small containers. I keep the containers that I will use for 3 days in the refrigerator and the others I place then in the freezer so they don't spoil.
>>
>>37303505
All beans are pretty plain if you don't add any spices or anything to them. Lentils have the most protein. Add some garam masala and some salt and pepper. You'll love it
>>
I love black beans but every time I look for them in a UK supermarket they never seem to have any in stock. Super annoying.
>>
Mom is Brazillian so I grew up eating beans all the time. My favourite are black beans, soaked then simmered in a pot with salt, pepper, garlic and onion (minced and diced), fresh cilantro, either a slice or two of bacon or hock ham, and a few bay leaves.
>>
>>37303537
nice meme
http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-dont-soak-dried-beans-20140911-story.html

just cook them longer.

soaking beans was done in the early days because it would reduce the amount of (expensive) fuel required to cook
>>
>>37303663
>>37303663

>looking in tesco
>500g of dry black beans is like £2 which is around $3.
>Can get a kilo for the same price in America

Damn it feels bad being a bong.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.