[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so i had a cutting disaster or something and am now bulking at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: peepee.jpg (18 KB, 472x310) Image search: [Google]
peepee.jpg
18 KB, 472x310
so i had a cutting disaster or something and am now bulking at the same amount of calories at which i had been cutting, despite only having lost 5 lbs during the cutting phase.

WTF HAPPENED

HOW DID MY METABOLISM SLOW DOWN THIS MUCH
>>
4chan exists in the shadow realm?
>>
>>37300734

swear to god if anything i decreased the amount of calories i was eating

recently weighed myself for the first time in like 2 months and gained 10 lbs. mostly muscle, clearly, but this scares me, man
>>
You're counting wrong

They always fucking are
>>
>>37300754

except that i'm not

i eat the same thing every day-- 50g oats, an egg, 2 tsp peanut butter, 1/2 scoop whey, a clif bar, and 4 protein shakes. that's seriously it. everything is weighed out except for the clif bar, which is pre-packaged.
>>
>>37300792

btw the protein shakes are also powder not some random concoction
>>
>>37300792

So this is something that isnt know by a lot of people but here :

Unsaturated fat (p.butter, egg) DECREASE metabolism

Saturated fat (coconut oil, butter) INCREASE metabolism.

This is 100% true, also a lack of carbs may decrease your metabolism but that doesnt seem to be your case.

Try a caffeine + coconut oil combo to raise your metabolism, decrease your polyunsaturated fat intake (olive oil, a monounsaturated fat has a lesser impact).
>>
>>37300860

i am like 50 prot/40 carb/10 fat though

i consume so much caffeine that i should really take a tolerance break because i;m at like 3 scoops of hyde pre-workout
>>
>>37300744
lmao at you thinking 10 lbs in 2 months is mostly muscle
>>
>>37300914

Well you may lack carbs. You want at least a 1:1 ratio to not deal with cortisol issues that may slow your metabolism and increase visceral fat. Also just a simple change as replacing polyinsaturated fat with coconut oil could make a difference. Keep the egg but replace p.butter with a teaspoon of coconut oil, which you should also add to protein shakes. This worked for me.
>>
>>37300860
Fucking source? You can't just claim shit like that, bro.
>>
>>37300974

Just search raypeat + coconut oil, im not on my PC right now but his articles about it have all kinds of scientific sources at the bottom.
>>
>>37300948

no... i eat like 40% carbs

the only fat in my diet comes from the single egg and the CLIF bar

>>37300922

not all, but mostly. clothes fit mostly the same and i've gone up in strength quite a bit.
>>
>>37301022

ah, and technically the miniscule amount in the oats and powder i guess. amd the PB. derp. still, very low fat intake overall.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.