[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else here have an eating disorder? Fatties welcome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: hanging-skeleton.jpg (24 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
hanging-skeleton.jpg
24 KB, 615x409
Does anyone else here have an eating disorder? Fatties welcome of course but I am anorexic.

I am a 6'0 male and weigh 107lbs. I am able to maintain this JUST about by eating peanuts and drinking soda.

But I am dropping weight, I am down 10lbs in 9 months and getting faster.

>Parents always cook for me even though I tell them not to
>Make huge portions
>Makes me scared as they are obese
>Have certain tricks to avoid eating
>Keep a log of all the methods used to avoid eating so I don't do the same thing and make them suspicious (ie I flush down the toilet my food only a few times a week to prevent it becoming obvious)

The problem is that they seem to be making BIGGER portions as I lose weight which means I eat even less. If they weren't so arrogant about cooking I am sure I could control my intake. I'll post the log I keep in a second
>>
File: charteating.png (50 KB, 1270x440) Image search: [Google]
charteating.png
50 KB, 1270x440
>>37294644
Pic related they can't cook and make things that require calories.
>>
>>37294644
See a mental health professional immediately.....
You'll be dead soon at this rate.
>>
>>37294644

Yes.
>>
>>37294653
>>37294644

What the fuck are you talking about, OP? What do you want?
>>
>>37294644
>>37294653
What the fuck?

Why dont you just tell your parents that you are retarded?
>>
File: 1464071385075.jpg (73 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
1464071385075.jpg
73 KB, 500x338
>>37294644
>Get myfitnesspal for calorie counting
>Add 400-500 cal over tdee
>slowly go from skeleton to healthy
>>
>>37294721
They wouldn't listen

>>37294708
discussion of eating disorders- that is fitness related right?
>>
>>37294653
This reminds me of the guy who had to plan out his pizza order. These types of people exist

Do you also have a giant rat in an oven?
>>
i've had varying degress of eating disorders over almost 10 years. currently bulimic, but i've reached a point where i don't care about being skinny and eat enough food to gain muscle outside of my binges and purges. and i make sure to restore my electrolytes via potassium/sodium rich foods immediately afterward. and i do intend to binge--i never feel out-of-control.

tons of bloodwork over the years indicates that i'm healthy--only thing is i recently discovered that i have an iron deficiency, so more spinach it is!
>>
>>37294736
/fit/ is about getting buff, not slowly starving yourself to death.
You're afraid of being obese, but being 50 pounds underweight is more unhealthy than being 100 pounds overweight...
>>
>>37294653
Welp, just tried reverse image searching this. Holy fucking shit, are you deranged. Holy fucking shit. You are going to die if you keep losing weight, dude.
>>
>>37294805
I know, I can't stop it.
>>
ah, OP, how old are you?

can you move out?

the problem with eating disorders is that it is VERY hard to treat people with them when they're young and living with their parents, because toxic family dynamics are one of the root causes. unless the family is willing to a.) go to therapy with you and b.) genuinely engage in the theraputic process and make changes on their end, it's best to cut the cord, yknow?
>>
>>37294755
"Keep in mind that men will want a multivitamin without iron, while women will want one with iron. In fact, 11% of women between the ages of 20 to 49 have an iron deficiency." -Sticky

Are you female? Purging is not healthy even if your bloodwork is good.

>>37294736
Parents are so hard to deal with. They practically control what's on your plate 24/7. But if you somehow got a chance to move out, how would you see yourself eating?
>>
>>37294736
>discussion of eating disorders- that is fitness related right?

It's the opposite of fitness. It's a mental issue that results in loss of fitness. You need to talk to a therapist or a psychiatrist, OP. Don't trust us doofuses to guide you in this very serious matter. I don't think there are genuine anorexics on /fit.
>>
>>37294730

Seconding this.

Cook with your family so you can know exactly what goes into the food for precise calorie counting. You may even be able to save them from the clutches of da'beetus.
>>
You gon die, senpai
>>
>>37294851
I knew a friend whose dad was so obsessed with cooking that the dad would bar is his son from cooking ramen by himself. He's doing much better now he's in college.
>>
>>37294837

i am a chick, yeah. i know purging isn't healthy, but i do as much damage control as i possibly can. everyone's got a vice, and this is mine.

it's not just bloodwork either, though--i got into a major, major accident that landed me in the hospital and unable to function on pretty much every level for a couple weeks. the fact that my body was able to restore its proper functions as fast as it did--bypassing all of my doctors' expectations--at least indicates that i'm doing very well overall. i may run into some problems in he future, but honestly, i'll cross that bridge when i get there. i'm pretty happy with my life right now.
>>
>>37294851
They cook while I am at work.
>>
>>37294837
I would eat vegetables to keep me full and occasionally candy for calories
>>
>>37295024
could you post a myfitnesspal screenshot of what a typical day would look like then? just because vegetables could mean anything from celery to avocadoes and candy could mean anything from marshmellows to protein bars
>>
>>37294893

What about your teeth and esophagus? They're going to get ruined if they aren't already
>>
>>37295306

lol yeah, already have teeth problems. dentist on friday to get em fixed up.

esophagus was one of the things that got shut down after the accident, and it got back up and running sooner than anyone expected.

like i said, future problems, maybe. but i prefer to live for right now. i'll take care of the problems when they come up. if i ABSOLUTELY NEED to stop, i will.
>>
File: meal.png (36 KB, 861x519) Image search: [Google]
meal.png
36 KB, 861x519
i guess i'll go first. 175 lb, skinny fat, cutting, no taste in chicken
>>
>>37294653
posting to be part of screen cap bread, my sides died
>>
>>37295343
You realise this is fat logic right?
> I haven't had a heart attack yet, I must be healthy
*two years later*
> I have the beetus! No one could have predicted this!
>>
>>37294653
lol'd out loud
>>
File: 1463161599462.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1463161599462.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
>>37294644
I was anorexic for years. I would honestly recommend getting treatment immediately even if it's "not that bad" because trust me it will be.
>>
>>37294653
>>37296206
Me again. Yeah I did tons of things like that. It's not as uncommon as you guys might think as anorexia actually is a delusion. When you get treatment tell them all of that stuff even if it's humiliating. It gets better but it sucks for a long time defore that. I really don't want you to die dude.
>>
File: 1347164411222.jpg (27 KB, 285x325) Image search: [Google]
1347164411222.jpg
27 KB, 285x325
>>37294653
>ALERT - MOTHER FOUND PILE OF MAC AND CHEESE
>>
A typical day for me involves various combinations of a lot of celery, rice cakes, Cup-A-Soup packets watered down immensely, boiled spinach, plain potato, and egg whites with the spray oil. I've gone for days on nothing but water and zero calorie soda. I've had nightmares about food and have ordered tons of food in secret, binged on it like an animal while crying and talking to myself, then purging and hiding all of the evidence before my roommates come back home.

It's really irresponsible. I know it's wrong and bad for you. Logically, I do know this in my head, and I think I've been doing better lately. I've also not seen help for any disordered eating/habits/etc because I still feel like I'm too fat or that I'm making a big deal or of nothing. I dunno. Weird bad times.
>>
File: kek.gif (2 MB, 512x338) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
2 MB, 512x338
>>37294653
>ALERT - MOTHER FOUND PILE OF MAC AND CHEESE
my sides are in orbit
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.