[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello! This is my first time visiting this board and i would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1463861107764.gif (3 MB, 525x295) Image search: [Google]
1463861107764.gif
3 MB, 525x295
Hello! This is my first time visiting this board and i would like to ask some questions.
I was intrested in pros and cons of going vegan/vegetarian. I am a pretty big guy, 6ft2in and about 220 pounds.
I want to start eating healthy and lose my weight and maybe later even start bodybuilding.
Overall i just want an opinion how should i start and how do i keep going.
Thank you for helping!
>>
>>37292646
Selfbump.
>>
>>37292657
/fit/ isn't the best place to ask about veganism as there's many trolls, but check this video out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf53m2HHIPs

Less time to recover, more energy, better strength, you're much less likely to gain weight and more likely to lose it even if you eat the same amount of calories as a "normal" person would - are the pros basically

and the cons? social pressure, having to take a b12 supplement (it is produced by bacteria and we would usually get it from dirty vegetables, we live in a modern age where we clean them and besides 40% of Americans are deficient in b12)
But just eat a lot of oats, beans, lentils, chickpeas, rice, veggies, greens, learn to make tasty meals out of them and you'll never get bored.
You can eat vegan junk food all the time if you want, it's almost impossible to gain weight I'd say (at least from my and my sister's experience)
Good luck Anon, if you'd like more information check out "nutritionfacts.org" on youtube.
>>
>>37292646
You're a big guy
>>
>>37293578
>Less time to recover, more energy, better strength, you're much less likely to gain weight and more likely to lose it even if you eat the same amount of calories as a "normal" person would - are the pros basically
>Vegan calories>normal calories

Stopped reading right there. Never listen to anyone who thinks that certain lifestyles alter the laws of thermodynamics.
>>
>>37293838

What he's saying is within the laws of thermodynamics. Resting energy expenditure can change depending on what you eat.
>>
>>37292646
its good for loosing weight, since shitloads of veggies won't give you as many calories as meat will. You'll get full quicker.

The general downsides are, well, the nutrients you begin to lack when you miss out on flesh. Like types of enzymes and aminoacids.
>>
>>37292646
I'm vegan. Never talk about it on this board though because this really isn't a good place for it.

Vegans give other vegans a bad name often by spouting utter shit about the magical and superhuman benefits of being vegan.

But I spoke with a doctor about it to make sure I wasn't gonna wreck myself. As long as you take a multivitamin and eat enough protein, there are no physical cons.
>>
>>37292646
Benefits of not being a vegetarian/vegan are only present as a natty. Along with the pseudovitamins and "complete" macros, meat also has carcinogenic stuff and bad fats. It's not as bad as every other vegan would like you to believe, but it is something to consider. In the long run, if you're only about nutrition, the difference is between wanting to have performance and health, while not being vegan is optimal, being vegan is easier to be healthy.
>>
File: 1431404113711.jpg (37 KB, 300x349) Image search: [Google]
1431404113711.jpg
37 KB, 300x349
>>37292646
As everyone else says /fit/ is a pretty shitty place for the conversation, but in my professional opinion as a fake internet doctor, your goals don't actually have all that much to do with whether you're a vegetarian or vegan or whatnot as losing weight comes down to calories in v. calories out (per the sticky), and the highest levels of bodybuilding may not be accessible without eating some amount of meat but you can certainly build some muscles without it.

Other than that, I'd just say to let it come down to how much you particularly care about animals.
>>
>>37293890
not true, and if you don't agree with me then post evidence.
here's my evidence that eating vegan gives me all the essential amino-acids
random day 1: http://prntscr.com/b7yyrk
random day 2: http://prntscr.com/b7yz6h
random day 3: http://prntscr.com/b7yzmp
>>
>>37293838
what I meant to say there was
plant calories > animal derived calories
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2671114/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12833118
it's because of the fiber mostly.
>>
>>37293959
>implying you need to take a multivitamin to be healthy
>>
>>37294244
just for the b12
>>
>>37294258
oh, then you should've just said b12 instead
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.